Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Getting Here (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A Ride Around the Lake (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16966)

webmaster 01-08-2014 09:44 AM

A Ride Around the Lake

Here's a time-lapse video of a clockwise ride around the lake beginning and ending at Weirs Beach. I was trying to beat the sunset so I didn't take some of the side roads like Scenic Drive in Gilford. I'll do it again this summer and take all the side roads along the lake. Shot with a GoPro3 in 10 second time-lapse mode.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/buD1rl_KoHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Orion 01-08-2014 11:59 AM

nice!

Thanks! That was a nice tour. I think you could go with double the frame rate.....we'd still watch it at 7 mins.;)

Merrymeeting 01-08-2014 12:16 PM

Thanks Don.

The stretch of Rt 28 between Wolfeboro and Alton is just as boring in video! Though it would be nice to be able to do it that fast in person. ;)

Pineedles 01-08-2014 01:00 PM

Thanks Don,

Perhaps it might be interesting to do the same trip with the camera pointed out the passenger window? Lake views.

Pricestavern 01-08-2014 01:16 PM

Do it from the Mount

Maybe a similar movie taken from the bow of the Mt. Washington on its' trip around the Lake next summer (and fall) would look nice.

pcmc 01-08-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 217342)
Thanks Don,

Perhaps it might be interesting to do the same trip with the camera pointed out the passenger window? Lake views.

Is there a panoramic view?

Nice vid, thankyou.

webmaster 01-08-2014 03:49 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still just experimenting with this new GoPro3 (black model) camera. I attached the camera to the boat last summer and tried all the different modes and resolutions. I got some really amazing videos of my family in the boat but I won't be sharing those. A friend of mine has been making some great time-lapse videos so I thought I'd try that on my recent trip to the lake.

I also shot some regular dashcam video as I drove around the Weirs area. If I shot regular video and just sped it up it would look better than the time-lapse but I would probably run out of storage space if I let it run for several hours. My friend captured a 9 hour time-lapse of a drive to western PA in 10 second mode and had no problem with storage space.

The camera does have a wider panoramic mode but it was too wide for a dashcam view and made everything look too small. I decided that the 4X3 image was better for this purpose.

I like the idea about mounting it to the Mount Washington and doing a time lapse of her journey around the lake. I may see if they'll let me mount it on the bridge during the Shakedown Cruise.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking about what I can do with the GoPro next summer. I thought about buying a Phantom helicopter drone but I heard that private drone use may not be permitted soon.

pcmc 01-08-2014 05:11 PM

Just for a suggestion, I think it would be neat to see what some of the local hiking trails are like, if your into hiking.
The title could name the trail, the post could give its GPS address, and view a hike through the woods and the views if any.
This type of posting could be quite useful for a lot of different things.

Phantom 01-10-2014 12:40 PM

Great Video --

Only suggestion (thought) I would offer is to slow down the replay!
I got sorta dizzy watching all the images flash by

moose tracks 01-11-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 217488)
Great Video --

Only suggestion (thought) I would offer is to slow down the replay!
I got sorta dizzy watching all the images flash by

Great video Don but I agree with Phantom, Can you slow it down?