Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Outdoor Recreation (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Footprints in the Snow... (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24100)

ApS 01-12-2019 04:09 AM

Footprints in the Snow...

Great article from The Union Leader

https://www.unionleader.com/nh/outdo...8bdb272e5.html

joey2665 01-12-2019 06:47 AM

Fantastic article extremely inspirational. Pam is a true hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

BroadHopper 01-13-2019 08:13 AM

Great article.

It's what to expect at any time of year when hiking the Whites.

It was Columbus Day weekend on Mt Chocorua when I experience similar weather conditions. Sunny and in the 70's in the parking lot. Sleeting and windy in the 20's at the summit.

It was amazing the number of unprepared hikers that day, attempting the summit in just shorts! On the way down, I actually shared my weather gear to folks stuck in the halfway cabin so that they can get back to the trailhead.

thinkxingu 01-13-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 306310)
It's what to expect at any time of year when hiking the Whites.

It was Columbus Day weekend on Mt Chocorua when I experience similar weather conditions. Sunny and in the 70's in the parking lot. Sleeting and windy in the 20's at the summit.

It was amazing the number of unprepared hikers that day, attempting the summit in just shorts! On the way down, I actually shared my weather gear to folks stuck in the halfway cabin so that they can get back to the trailhead.

Just to clarify, this wasn't an unprepared hiker, it was someone attempting suicide.

And, though I'm usually dismissive of FLL's flippant posts, the above are disrespectful. Comments like that about mental health issues and/or suicide are never ok.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

joey2665 01-13-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 306313)
Just to clarify, this wasn't an unprepared hiker, it was someone attempting suicide.

And, though I'm usually dismissive of FLL's flippant posts, the above are disrespectful. Comments like that about mental health issues and/or suicide are never ok.

This is taking stirring the pot to a much different level. This was an extremely interesting story with a victim of mental health and a true hero. There is absolutely no need for FLLs comments

Top-Water 01-13-2019 09:19 AM

Thank you for the article APS. Inspirational for sure. As mentioned Pam is a true hero.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 306315)
This is taking stirring the pot to a much different level. This was an extremely interesting story with a victim of mental health and a true hero. There is absolutely no need for FLLs comments

Been going on for years. Sadly he feeds on this.

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ead.php?t=9633

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=21718

fatlazyless 01-13-2019 11:30 AM

Oh well, you know, I didn't say anything that was at all bad or mean spirited ... my main point was that most suicide attempts like this one are the result of lack of money which creates a downward spiral of depression and problems .... and how receiving $1000/month for six months, total $6000, could go a long way to fixing someone's suicidal issues.

About the Jewell Trail, which is the trail that Pam ascended; it is a very steep and tough trail, and she chose to go up it which is like climbing up a long steep ladder. And, the other trail, the Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail, which was ascended by the anonymous suicidal male from Maine is a much easier, less steep, less rock face trail, that has a more gentle climb and is very scenic. For newbie hikers to the area, this Ammy Trail is a good one for climbing Mt Washington. You have to pay to park in the parking lot there which is owned by the Cog Railroad. Something tells me the suicidal hiker guy probably did not pay to park there ..... like, not his problem?

Top-Water 01-13-2019 01:10 PM

Not funny yesterday and not funny today. Start you own topics rather than spoiling other peoples threads and then coming back to them and changing them over and over to see if you can get a rise out of somebody like you did here. Appropriately the Admin deleted your original post and the quoted reply yesterday @ 05:22. Please Stop.

thinkxingu 01-13-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 306325)
Oh well, you know, I didn't say anything that was at all bad or mean spirited ... my main point was that most suicide attempts like this one are the result of lack of money which creates a downward spiral of depression and problems .... and how receiving $1000/month for six months, total $6000, could go a long way to fixing someone's suicidal issues.

About the Jewell Trail, which is the trail that Pam ascended; it is a very steep and tough trail, and she chose to go up it which is like climbing up a long steep ladder. And, the other trail, the Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail, which was ascended by the anonymous suicidal male from Maine is a much easier, less steep, less rock face trail, that has a more gentle climb and is very scenic. For newbie hikers to the area, this Ammy Trail is a good one for climbing Mt Washington. You have to pay to park in the parking lot there which is owned by the Cog Railroad. Something tells me the suicidal hiker guy probably did not pay to park there ..... like, not his problem?

FLL, you messed up--good people don't make light of suicide in any way. In. Any. Way. And they certainly don't try to minimize inappropriate jokes with more inappropriate jokes.

Just stop. Or, better, apologize and think hard about deleting your posts--just imagine how someone who has been suicide-involved might feel to see your comments.

joey2665 01-13-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 306327)
FLL, you messed up--good people don't make light of suicide in any way. In. Any. Way. And they certainly don't try to minimize inappropriate jokes with more inappropriate jokes.

Just stop. Or, better, apologize and think hard about deleting your posts--just imagine how someone who has been suicide-involved might feel to see your comments.

You are correct. If FLL had a family or friend suffering from mental disease and commit suicide like I have he would have never made those inappropriate comments.

Please think before you post FLL especially about something of a serious nature not just a restaurant review or another trivial topic.

Descant 01-13-2019 06:17 PM

Hide

On another thread, the Webmaster gave instructions on how to hide postings from chosen members. Open the User CP (Control Panel) at the top of the page, then open Settings and Options, and then "Edit Ignore List". The posts you hide will still show when a subsequent responder chooses to Quote the poster you want to hide.