Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Small Dumpster - Monthly Pickup (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28664)

TheProfessor 03-21-2023 05:32 PM

Small Dumpster - Monthly Pickup

My neighbor asked me.

Seeking name of trash company that offers the small dumpsters.
The small one with the black plastic top that lifts up.
Monthly rental/pickup.
Costs/price would help.
Thanks.

Small dumpster only.
Yes, there are other companies that will take barrel trash. Not request.
Yes, there is a dump/recycle center.

ishoot308 03-21-2023 05:54 PM

Pinard

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProfessor (Post 382113)
My neighbor asked me.

Monthly rental/pickup.
Costs/price would help.
Thanks.

Small dumpster only.

We have one through Pinard waste, $77.00 per dump. Don’t remember the size but it’s fairly small with a split top plastic cover. Pinard has been great! Wouldn’t be without it!

Dan

AC2717 03-22-2023 07:53 AM

Casella offers the 4 yard dumpsters

burgerunh 03-22-2023 08:59 AM

We had one at our camp in Ossipee. We kept on having problems with bears and had to get rid of it. We went to the large trash cans and they pick up weekly. The large trash cans have a bear proof cover / latch system.

VitaBene 03-22-2023 03:39 PM

Aysnh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProfessor (Post 382113)
My neighbor asked me.

Monthly rental/pickup.
Costs/price would help.
Thanks.

Small dumpster only.

At Your Service NH? they had one of those barrel lifting trucks at one time... https://atyourservicenh.com/services-2/

TiltonBB 03-22-2023 07:03 PM

I have a 2 yard dumpster from Pinard at a weekly rental on the lake. The renters seem to fill it up every week.

The charge to dump it weekly is about $160 per month but changes every year. The 2 yard dumpster is on wheels so you can move it if necessary. Pinard charges to drop it off in the spring and take it back in the fall.

If your dumpster is in a location that people can see it driving by they will use it.

ishoot308 03-23-2023 07:38 AM

As an fyi...the approximate size of my dumpster from Pinard is 6' x 4' x 4' and confirmed at $77.00 per dump. We have them come every two weeks I believe but can change that as needed with a simple phone call.

Dan

camp guy 03-23-2023 10:37 AM

Dumpsters

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 382143)
I have a 2 yard dumpster from Pinard at a weekly rental on the lake. The renters seem to fill it up every week.

The charge to dump it weekly is about $160 per month but changes every year. The 2 yard dumpster is on wheels so you can move it if necessary. Pinard charges to drop it off in the spring and take it back in the fall.

If your dumpster is in a location that people can see it driving by they will use it.

Your last sentence falls into the category: No truer words have ever been spoken, sadly.

TheTimeTraveler 03-23-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camp guy (Post 382155)
Your last sentence falls into the category: No truer words have ever been spoken, sadly.

How true. And if someone decides to dump hazardous waste into it (think lead paint or asbestos materials) then you are on the hook for it.

My advice would be to have it kept locked and out of site. Out of site, out of mind....

TiltonBB 03-23-2023 01:51 PM

I have another 7 yard dumpster at a campground in the Weirs area and I know people driving by use it. If I put locks on it I know the authorized users from the campground won't lock it up when they are done. I have enough trouble getting them to put their trash in the dumpster instead of on the ground beside it.

That dumpster is from Waste Management and gets dumped twice a month. If you call WM for an extra pickup they charge more for that one pickup than the monthly cost to pick it up twice a month. Why? Because they can.

bigdog 03-25-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 382121)
Casella offers the 4 yard dumpsters

Any idea what they charge for a 4 yard dumpster ?
I called Casella to get a rate, and they wanted SO much information about me, before she could just provide a quote. I expected them next to ask for the name of my first born child and my bank acct#, ridiculous.

Too much info to ask for just a quote, so I hung up !

longislander 03-25-2023 10:53 AM

Quote:

I called Casella to get a rate, and ...
Casella for Moultonborough Neck area, 4-yarder with 2 pick-ups/per month around $185/month and have gone up last six months or so.

codeman671 04-05-2023 08:26 AM

I called Pinard yesterday. They have to send someone up for a site assessment to make sure they can service us.

2 yard
$100 per month (dumps every other week)
Delivery and pickup are $125 each way (start and end of contract)
3 yr service agreement

4 yard option
$96/mo for 1 dump or $131 for biweekly
Delivery and pickup are $125 each way (start and end of contract)
3 yr service agreement

longislander 04-05-2023 01:00 PM

Called Pinard. They don't service Moultonborough. They suggested Waste Management for MoBo.

Switched to once a month with Casella (4 yarder) ... $130/month.

TheProfessor 04-24-2023 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longislander (Post 382458)
Called Pinard. They don't service Moultonborough. They suggested Waste Management for MoBo.

Apparently neither company will work.
Neighbor seeking a temporary use - short term clean out.
All the big stuff is already gone.
So seeked a temporary use small dumpster.
The smaller dumpsters require a 2 year contract.
Casella only offers a 10 yard dumpster. Short term. And they want to come out and assess everything. Wanted way too much information. Mothers maiden name. Age of first born. How long ago dog died. And on and on.

AC2717 04-24-2023 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 382196)
Any idea what they charge for a 4 yard dumpster ?
I called Casella to get a rate, and they wanted SO much information about me, before she could just provide a quote. I expected them next to ask for the name of my first born child and my bank acct#, ridiculous.

Too much info to ask for just a quote, so I hung up !

sorry, they were not that way 6 years ago, I wouldn't be the one to ask on that number on the rate