Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Issues (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Voting (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24573)

Wifi-1 06-19-2019 07:14 PM

Voting

I've been on this forum for many many decades, under a different user name, so it is not like I am a neophyte. I have a simple question, that has been referenced time and time again on this forum and I can't find a solution to (this forums connection)

I am trying to find a state that I can purchase property in, not live there and cast a vote. It would be great if I could purchase multiple properties in different towns to caste many votes, as I have a strong desire for my candidate. Time is of the essence.

Can ANYONE name a state AND include a link to the laws allowing the same ?

Please do NOT respond unless you have the state and link included.

Thanks.

ishoot308 06-19-2019 07:39 PM

California...you don’t even have to be a US citizen!

Descant 06-19-2019 09:21 PM

Not a Lakes Region issue.

joey2665 06-19-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wifi-1 (Post 313688)
I've been on this forum for many many decades, under a different user name, so it is not like I am a neophyte. I have a simple question, that has been referenced time and time again on this forum and I can't find a solution to (this forums connection)

I am trying to find a state that I can purchase property in, not live there and cast a vote. It would be great if I could purchase multiple properties in different towns to caste many votes, as I have a strong desire for my candidate. Time is of the essence.

Thanks.

That is a trolling question if I ever saw one. What’s going on today on this forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

garysanfran 06-19-2019 10:22 PM

Contact the State Senator's offices...

In any blue state for help.

Whew...:confused:

Biggd 06-20-2019 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 313698)
That is a trolling question if I ever saw one. What’s going on today on this forum?

Probably the same kid that trolled us yesterday with multiple names. The moderator needs to delete these fire starters.

jeffk 06-20-2019 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a troll.

joey2665 06-20-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 313705)
Probably the same kid that trolled us yesterday with multiple names. The moderator needs to delete these fire starters.

I agree. Don’t people have anything better to do?

ApS 06-20-2019 08:05 AM

Four Said to be "Unknowing" but "Caring" Voters...

Quote:

I've been on this forum for many many decades, under a different user name, so it is not like I am a neophyte. I have a simple question, that has been referenced time and time again on this forum and I can't find a solution to (this forums connection) I am trying to find a state that I can purchase property in, not live there and cast a vote. It would be great if I could purchase multiple properties in different towns to caste many votes, as I have a strong desire for my candidate. Time is of the essence.

Thanks.

State: New York State.

Project Veritas interviewed four on video, who were former New York state residents—who had recently moved to Florida.

"Somebody" voted in their behalf from voter rolls in New York State in person :eek2: while the four admitted to voting in Florida. :eek:

URL:
https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/...in-their-name/

Quote:

"Someone's voting in my name in New York".
:(

DickR 06-20-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

......It would be great if I could purchase multiple properties in different towns to caste many votes, as I have a strong desire for my candidate....

Please do NOT respond unless you have the state and link included....

Many would agree with the notion that if you have a physical presence in a town and pay taxes to the town then you ought to have some say in the running of that town. However, even if you own properties in multiple places and could actually vote in multiple places, you ought not to be able to vote more than once on things at the state or national level. Trying to do so seems decidedly counter to the principles of democracy and thus shameful. Wealth ought not to give more voting power.

The OP should not use this forum to gather information for an inappropriate purpose, nor should he tell forum members who can and cannot respond to a question asked openly.

I am now guilty of having helped perpetuate this thread, so perhaps this thread can be shut down or moved before I'm flamed too badly.

SAB1 06-20-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickR (Post 313722)
Many would agree with the notion that if you have a physical presence in a town and pay taxes to the town then you ought to have some say in the running of that town. However, even if you own properties in multiple places and could actually vote in multiple places, you ought not to be able to vote more than once on things at the state or national level. Trying to do so seems decidedly counter to the principles of democracy and thus shameful. Wealth ought not to give more voting power.

Spot on!..

znh 06-20-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/91eb...temid=11538275

Wifi-1 06-20-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickR (Post 313722)
Many would agree with the notion that if you have a physical presence in a town and pay taxes to the town then you ought to have some say in the running of that town. However, even if you own properties in multiple places and could actually vote in multiple places, you ought not to be able to vote more than once on things at the state or national level. Trying to do so seems decidedly counter to the principles of democracy and thus shameful. Wealth ought not to give more voting power..........

FANTASTIC, this was the point I was trying to bring out. To think otherwise needs a Federal Constitutional amendment not a change to the Lakes Region or NH.

All bickering and bashing aside, there is some non emotional reasoning that still exists. :)

Biggd 06-21-2019 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wifi-1 (Post 313746)
FANTASTIC, this was the point I was trying to bring out. To think otherwise needs a Federal Constitutional amendment not a change to the Lakes Region or NH.

All bickering and bashing aside, there is some non emotional reasoning that still exists. :)

This is not a lakes region subject.
Go post on a political thread and let us celebrate all that is good about a summer at the lake here.
This is another thread that should be closed.