Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mames (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22770)

newbie 11-07-2017 08:07 PM

Mames

Does anyone know who bought it and what they intend to do with it I️ was by this weekend and it looked empty and sleeping. I see that it was auctioned in 2014, but nothing after that

Guiness 11-07-2017 08:17 PM

Grab it

You should grab it

:liplick:

boat_guy64 11-09-2017 12:07 PM

Mames

It is a very old building that was way out of code. I heard the buyer has already put a lot of money into it. Not sure if they are still moving forward or not.

Eric Weiss 11-14-2017 07:00 AM

My friend owns Mames.. he is slowly making essential repairs and restorations. He has put in a fair whack of money and has a long way to go. He is done most of the work by himself (on his days off from work)
When completed, it will be a restaurant/bar once again.

joey2665 11-14-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Weiss (Post 287624)
My friend owns Mames.. he is slowly making essential repairs and restorations. He has put in a fair whack of money and has a long way to go. He is done most of the work by himself (on his days off from work)

Eric, thank you for the update much appreciated

Biggd 11-14-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

My wife and I use to go there many years ago. I always wondered why it closed. The food seemed to be good and it had a great rustic atmosphere. I had thought about going to the auction but it looked like it needed too much work for my liking.
I'm sure it's a historic building which creates a whole set of restrictions from the towns building department.

8gv 11-14-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Tell your friend my wife and I will be there when it opens again.

Biggd 11-14-2017 05:47 PM

Same here. I'm only a mile from the center and I like to keep it local. Another in town restaurant choice would be welcomed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

garysanfran 11-14-2017 08:51 PM

Fantastic news...

What kind of restaurant will it be? I loved Mames and it has a great location. Accessible by boat, car, snowmobile or horse and buggy.

Biggd 05-11-2018 06:28 AM

Came on the market this week. It's been empty too long. I hope someone has the funds and the energy to open it back up.

Dave M 06-20-2018 10:49 AM

Used to go to Mame's years ago. Is this a Historic building. If so does it fall under different renovation guidelines compared to typical renovations. Never mind being out of code. Maybe that's why it hasn't sold. Is it worth putting all that money into it. Would take years to get your money back assuming food is good, open all year, etc.

Dave M