Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   ForumFest VII (2010) (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Food Pantry Choice (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10389)

Meredith lady 07-16-2010 09:58 PM

Food Pantry Choice

Hello Forum Friends-
SO much info has been going around about the charitable organization who will benefit from this years Forum Fest. The majority rules-and the proceeds will be going to a food pantry. After speaking with our webmaster and organizers, we have decided that ONE food pantry will be the recipient. We don't feel there will be enough monies raised to support several and we do not want to pick and choose.
So...last chance to voice your opinion...decision will be based on majority and will be decided upon this Monday evening. Ready, set, vote!!

WinnDixie 07-17-2010 11:46 AM

OK, here goes...

One for St Vincent de Paul.

Chickie 07-17-2010 12:00 PM

Vote #2

My vote goes to St. Vincent de Paul, as well. The volunteers there do a good job and need our support. Donations of food are down while the need keeps increasing.

Redwing 07-17-2010 01:28 PM

Vote #3

Great organization... St. Vincent de Paul gets my vote, as well.

trfour 07-17-2010 02:45 PM

Vote # 4

Four for St Vincent de Paul.

Rattlesnake Guy 07-17-2010 02:47 PM

Meridith Food Pantry gets my vote this year.

Meredith lady 07-17-2010 02:49 PM

my vote...

I vote for the Meredith Food Pantry-they do so much with helping people pay their heating and electric bills. They have been in the paper recently saying how very low their food pantry is. The food pantry is part of the Community Action Program. They lost a great deal of support when previous donations went to the Center Harbor church.

Janet 07-17-2010 03:33 PM

Meredith Food Pantry

Nagigator 07-17-2010 05:53 PM

I agree

Meredith Food pantry.

eillac@dow 07-18-2010 08:56 PM

I am no help.....

I am no help as I do not know enough about either St. Vincent de Paul or the Meredith. I do know that there are those out there that could use our help. So what ever the Forum Members decide, I fully support.

Don't you just hate when one waffles! :)

Meredith lady 07-18-2010 09:20 PM

thank you for your honest reply...and your support!

SIKSUKR 07-19-2010 07:40 AM

Meredith food pantry

If there is a tie,I might suggest the FLL foundation.:laugh:

Shedwannabe 07-19-2010 07:45 AM

Meredith Food Pantry. We donate there once a month, and they are always on the edge of being unable to provide to those without food.

Rattlesnake Gal 07-19-2010 03:04 PM

Meredith Food Pantry Sounds Just Fine

Looks like there is enough votes for the Meredith Food Pantry to make the decision. :D

Meredith lady 07-19-2010 03:16 PM

Meredith Food Pantry is the winner....

WinnDixie 07-19-2010 04:19 PM

Says it all

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shedwannabe (Post 133394)
Meredith Food Pantry. We donate there once a month, and they are always on the edge of being unable to provide to those without food.

How nice the Forum will be able to help. Will you be letting us "far-aways" know where to send our checks?

Misty Blue 07-22-2010 11:47 AM

New Hampshire food bank?

The New Hampshire food bank supplies food to many, many local food banks around the state. What's more they have gtrat buying power. Through their connections with commercial food distribtors they can take a ten dollar donation and turn it into forty bucks worth of food to be delivered around the state.

This also keeps us from having to pick and choose a recipient.

Just a suggestion.

Misty Blue.

WinnDixie 07-22-2010 02:18 PM

Just my 2 cents..again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misty Blue (Post 133798)
The New Hampshire food bank supplies food to many, many local food banks around the state. What's more they have gtrat buying power. Through their connections with commercial food distribtors they can take a ten dollar donation and turn it into forty bucks worth of food to be delivered around the state.

Just a suggestion.

Misty Blue.

Speaking as one who voted for the pantry that didn't receive the majority...Meredith Food Pantry sounds like it faces enough need on its own to merit our help, not to mention it is a Lakes Region one. I have no idea if the NH food bank helps it or not.

Rattlesnake Gal 07-26-2010 09:53 AM

NH Food Bank

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misty Blue (Post 133798)
The New Hampshire food bank supplies food to many, many local food banks around the state. What's more they have great buying power. Through their connections with commercial food distributors they can take a ten dollar donation and turn it into forty bucks worth of food to be delivered around the state.

Just a suggestion.

Misty Blue.

Last year NH Food Bank was my first call. Our funds would not stay in the Lakes Region, so we went local. They couldn't even tell me which local food pantry needed the extra funds. :(

Meredith lady 07-26-2010 10:06 AM

I am visiting the Meredith Food Pantry today and will let you all know the outcome later on tonight after I get out of work!

BroadHopper 07-26-2010 10:12 AM

NH Food Bank

Gets my vote with St Vincent de Paul as close second.

I'd rather serve the whole state equitably and not just my home town.

Meredith Lady. Not to be a pain. But someone made a poll on where everyone is from around the lake. Meredith came in first. So you poll will be skewed to Meredith Food pantry.

Any way, Good luck on your decision.

RLW 07-26-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 134194)
Not to be a pain. But someone made a poll on where everyone is from around the lake. Meredith came in first.
Any way, Good luck on your decision.

You are right and I'm sure it still stands true, but that poll was 90% done back in 2004. http://i46.tinypic.com/otlmwo.gif

Argie's Wife 07-28-2010 08:23 AM

I have no opinion about this one other than.... keep the $$$ local.

Oh, and one other thing... (my kids know what this means... it's my morning coffee cup... I got it at Kellhaus...) :D:laugh:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...t1wCLHSKPC-R8=

donnamatrix 07-28-2010 11:25 AM

Go with Meredith Food Pantry

First, it's local. Second, the Meredith Food Bank charges money to the pantries and other groups it "supports" ... to pay for deliveries, etc. The materials coming from the NH Food Bank cost the local pantries. The Meredith Food Pantry, I think, is great ... and I live in Moultonboro. The Meredith Rotary, of which I am a member, donates funds to the Pantry every month. They have also been champions in helping the Rotary to get winter fuel supplies to those in need - along with the terrific staff at Town Hall. The MFP really has an understanding of the families in need in the community.

WinnDixie 07-28-2010 01:38 PM

Meredith Food Pantry

I agree with Donnamatrix, for all the reasons she stated...plus...originally we got instructed to vote between Sat.(?) and Monday. It was said the majority would rule. I voted for St. Vincent...it got four votes; Meredith Food Pantry got seven, in the stated voting period...that sounds like "majority" to me...and the choice seems like a good one, anyhow.