Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Outdoor Recreation (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gun Dealers around the Lake ? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18798)

bigdog 02-21-2015 11:08 AM

Gun Dealers around the Lake ?

I plan to purchase a rifle online through 'Davidsons Inc' in AZ, which is one of the country's largest gun wholesalers', and will be using a local NH gun dealer to make the final transaction.

Has anyone had dealing with any of these local gun dealers:
AveryArms - Alton
Lear Firearms - Moultonboro

I may just end up going to reliable 'Skip's Gun Shop' in Bristol, but wanted to know about these other 2 gun other dealers.

Last....
I am purchasing a Marlin X7 in .223 caliber through Davidsons.
Last I knew Marlin does not manufacture a .223 in the X7 line. I went directlly to the Marlin website and they don't have this caliber listed.
I heard that Marlin did make the .223 in X7 at one time but dropped production a while back. This said, either this model is a couple years old, or Marlin has begun production again for .223 as a result of public request?

Would invite any feedback on gun dealers and Marlin X7.

Thanks !
Bigdog

Kamper 02-21-2015 12:13 PM

Most dealers participate in a network so you can buy or ship a gun almost anywhere in the country. Ask the seller who they can deal with close to home. You'll probably need to pay the seller for purchase and shipping but do the purchase paper-work locally and pay a service fee to the local shop.

When using these services you are technically selling to one dealer, who sells to the other and then your gun is sold back to you. The process enables a gun-owner to avoid any legal issues that aren't supposed to arise when simply transiting gun-unfriendly jurisdictions.

egatlake 02-21-2015 12:20 PM

Gun Dealers

I would call Ben Lear in Moultonboro He is an excellent guy and good service. I live right around the corner and have bought and sold several guns through him. and he only charges $20 for the transfer fee.

RLW 02-21-2015 01:09 PM

I have done business with Lyndon (Avery Arms - Alton) for several years and is honest and extremely helpful with any and all gun issues. If you decide to use him I think you will be very happy with him. Extremely knowledgeable.:)

tis 02-21-2015 01:38 PM

Joe Melanson is a gun dealer in Wolfeboro. Not sure where he does business now.

DRH 02-23-2015 12:43 PM

Skip's

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 240470)
I plan to purchase a rifle online through 'Davidsons Inc' in AZ, which is one of the country's largest gun wholesalers', and will be using a local NH gun dealer to make the final transaction.
I may just end up going to reliable 'Skip's Gun Shop' in Bristol, but wanted to know about these other 2 gun other dealers.
Would invite any feedback on gun dealers and Marlin X7.

Thanks !
Bigdog

I'd recommend you go through Skip's Gun Shop, Bigdog. Their prices are probably close to Davidson's after you add in shipping and the local FFL transfer fee. John, Sue and Andrew at Skip's are absolutely honest and they have a great reputation for knowledge and integrity. I'm sure they can answer all your questions about the Marlin X7.

bigdog 02-23-2015 01:43 PM

Thanks to everyone for their feed back and suggestions, greatly appreciated !

Bigdog