Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   July 4th '22 Week (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28120)

thinkxingu 07-13-2022 07:25 AM

July 4th '22 Week

Hey, can we just take a moment to reflect on how AWESOME this last couple weeks have been?!

Last year, July was essentially rained out, but this stretch has been warm and dry with no humidity.

We were up to camp for 13 days and had campfires and s'mores, movies by the fire, jetski tours, days at the sandbar, fireworks, Pop's Clam Shell and Town Docks and JoJo's subs and other treats, Barenaked Ladies at Meadowbrook, go-karts and mini-golf, Moosilauke and Shaw and Black Snout, time swimming and on the beach and catching up with old friends, tubing and lilypad lounging, cribbage—LOTS of cribbage—and, my favorite: reading.

I finished Unbroken, The Martian, Revenge Tour, A Thousand Splendid Suns, and Harlem Shuffle.

It was GLORIOUS. How 'bout you?

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

WinnisquamZ 07-13-2022 07:45 AM

Yes we can

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

MeredithMan 07-13-2022 08:00 AM

I feel so inadequate...

...I caught the 'rona, have felt kinda crappy, and haven't done a damn thing for the last two weeks!

Think: you might have to give me lessons on how to pack so much into a day!

thinkxingu 07-13-2022 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 373069)
...I caught the 'rona, have felt kinda crappy, and haven't done a damn thing for the last two weeks!

Think: you might have to give me lessons on how to pack so much into a day!

Oh, that wasn't one day, that was a couple weeks!

Hope you're feeling better!

dippasan 07-13-2022 10:25 AM

Same here

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 373065)
Hey, can we just take a moment to reflect on how AWESOME this last couple weeks have been?!

Last year, July was essentially rained out, but this stretch has been warm and dry with no humidity.

We were up to camp for 13 days and had campfires and s'mores, movies by the fire, jetski tours, days at the sandbar, fireworks, Pop's Clam Shell and Town Docks and JoJo's subs and other treats, Barenaked Ladies at Meadowbrook, go-karts and mini-golf, Moosilauke and Shaw and Black Snout, time swimming and on the beach and catching up with old friends, tubing and lilypad lounging, cribbage—LOTS of cribbage—and, my favorite: reading.

I finished Unbroken, The Martian, Revenge Tour, A Thousand Splendid Suns, and Harlem Shuffle.

It was GLORIOUS. How 'bout you?

Geez what a great 12 days we had. Glorious would be a good word.
My 3 sons, daughter in laws, their friends and my 3 grand kids were up for a few days over the 4th weekend and I couldn't help thinking..."this is exactly why we have this place". Lot's of great craic! One of my son's and his girlfriend drove home from Minnesota. Haven't seen them since Xmas.
Weather was spectacular. Boat rides, sunset cruises almost every night, Pop's of course, Nolans, ditto on ton's of Cribbage, visits from island neighbors and friends, spent a beautiful day driving around the white mountains including Mt Washington Auto Road. Bon fires, a few projects around the camp etc etc. I might have had just 1 cosmo, :rolleye2:1 beer, ;)maybe a vodka drink or 20 and plenty of wine :D.

BroadHopper 07-14-2022 07:56 AM

Weatherwise

It was a great 4th! Winnisquam and Sebago were spectacular on weekends! Winnipesaukee shined during the week!

We did plenty of hiking in the Belknap and Ossipee range. A trip to the Whites and Goose Rocks Maine made it memorable.