Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   2019 gas dock updates (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24356)

Rich 04-26-2019 10:14 AM

2019 gas dock updates

Updates from WinniGas.com

I just received a notification of a change at the Winnipesaukee Pier:
"Winnipesaukee Gas - East Coast Flightcraft" is now known as "Flightcraft General" and is under new ownership.

Now that Ice-out has occurred, I hope everyone (including gas dock owner/operators) will start reporting current prices by using WinniGas. Please also report changes in prices. There's no harm in reporting the current price every time you visit a fuel dock, even if you are not purchasing fuel at the time.

Get the prices posted to WinniGas.com, it's easy to do, just click here:

https://winnigas.com/submitprice

Note that every price reported also generates a Tweet and Facebook post in an attempt to notify WinniGas followers. This also helps to generate exposure for each active gas dock. Please follow on Twitter @WinniGas or Facebook www.facebook.com/winnigas to receive active notification of price reports.

Which gas docks do you think will have the first to have their current prices posted or updated in 2019?

joey2665 04-26-2019 10:21 AM

Irwin will be first

fatlazyless 04-26-2019 10:42 AM

The standard six gallon boat gas tank with the big handle on top weighs about 40-lbs, and the Mobil Gas and convenience store across from the Meredith town docks is close enough. It also has 92-octane, coffee, an atm, a bathroom, the NY Times and the LaDaSun. No $3 atm surcharge fee for MVSB customers.

Right now, regular gas is something like 2.55/gal.

Any other car gas stations close to a public dock like this one?

So, what's the difference between car gas, and boat gas? Oh ...... about $1.25.

Rich 04-26-2019 12:02 PM

Someone once asked me to add the local gas stations that were trailer friendly for those that prefer to carry or trailer to their boat.

I could do that if there was enough call for it. But there are other apps for that, and I don't think WinniGas would be very helpful in that regard.

Puffin 04-26-2019 02:08 PM

Not sure of Pricing but West Alton marina has confirmed they will be open for gas on this weekend.

Rich 05-02-2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 310410)
Irwin will be first

You were right! The first price update of 2019 was posted today and it was for Irwin!

As a prize for your correct prediction, feel free to stop by my boat sometime this summer and I'll give you a drink of your choice from what I have available on board! You can PM me for details! :cool:

joey2665 05-02-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 310764)
You were right! The first price update of 2019 was posted today and it was for Irwin!

As a prize for your correct prediction, feel free to stop by my boat sometime this summer and I'll give you a drink of your choice from what I have available on board! You can PM me for details! :cool:

Thanks Rich. I’ll definitely do that. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

MAXUM 05-03-2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 310413)
The standard six gallon boat gas tank with the big handle on top weighs about 40-lbs, and the Mobil Gas and convenience store across from the Meredith town docks is close enough. It also has 92-octane, coffee, an atm, a bathroom, the NY Times and the LaDaSun. No $3 atm surcharge fee for MVSB customers.

Right now, regular gas is something like 2.55/gal.

Any other car gas stations close to a public dock like this one?

So, what's the difference between car gas, and boat gas? Oh ...... about $1.25.

Actually there is. Gas docks typically sell mid grade gas (89 octane) and it is also treated with stuff like Starbrite for the ethanol. Does that fully explain the price difference, no, but they also have to make a little $$ too.

89 octane "car gas" is running right around $3.00 per gallon on average.

Rich 05-04-2019 05:34 PM

Since thread is about 2019 Updates, I thought I'd also throw in a new feature of WinniGas:

Lake Winnipesaukee Map of Wreck Dive Sites

This was discussed last year on the diving section of the forum. The idea was to provide an easy to find resource for boaters (and divers). I know it's not directly related to fuel docks on the lake, but it makes the list and map easy to locate, plus it can use the map features already on the WinniGas map (which provides an option to view a Navionics marine chart of the lake).

As always if there are any updates, changes or additions needed to this list, you can use the 'Contact Us' menu or let me know here via the forum.

I hope a few people find this feature useful, or at least interesting.

Phantom 05-04-2019 05:46 PM

Channel Marine is open $3.69/gal

MVYC - closed

codeman671 05-05-2019 03:50 PM

Sheps is having work done on their pumps. Not open until possibly next week.

Barney Bear 05-07-2019 09:01 AM

FBY Gas Price

Just talked with Bob at Fay's Boat Yard. Today's price is $3.59.9. ⛽️

BroadHopper 05-07-2019 09:29 AM

Llm

LLM is open. Just walk in and tell them you need gas. I will stop by today and check price. Also to see if my slip is still under water. Boat is in!

Rich 05-08-2019 06:29 AM

Feel free to get the prices posted to WinniGas.com, it's easy to do, just click here:

https://winnigas.com/submitprice

I tell those running the fuel docks that if they enter the prices themselves, especially when a price change occurs, it gives them free exposure to all the boaters on the lake.

Price reports there automatically go out via Facebook and Twitter.

Outdoorsman 05-08-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 310911)
Since thread is about 2019 Updates, I thought I'd also throw in a new feature of WinniGas:

This was discussed last year on the diving section of the forum. The idea was to provide an easy to find resource for boaters (and divers). I know it's not directly related to fuel docks on the lake, but it makes the list and map easy to locate, plus it can use the map features already on the WinniGas map (which provides an option to view a Navionics marine chart of the lake).

As always if there are any updates, changes or additions needed to this list, you can use the 'Contact Us' menu or let me know here via the forum.

Too much for me.

When you figure out what type of company you want to be, I may try again.

Rich 05-09-2019 07:37 AM

No worries.

By the way, I'm not a company. I haven't made a dime from any of this. In fact, it costs me some $$ and time to keep it running.

I took over WinniGas to keep it alive as I always thought it was a useful resource for boaters and I didn't want to see it die when the original owner wanted to 'retire'.

The nice thing about the wreck map, similar to the gas map, if you don't need it, or click on it, you will never even know it's there. It doesn't load or slow anything down. So feel free to ignore it.

I've had people tell me that the gas map is also not needed, as they know where the gas docks are located. I've also had people tell me they found the map useful. It seems not everyone has been on the lake their whole life.

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it!

Blyblvrd 05-09-2019 07:39 AM

i say keep going winnigas. listening to what customers want and providing them value is the secret to success. i hope u guys are succesful!

thinkxingu 05-09-2019 09:30 AM

Hey, I just saw the gas map--that's a GREAT feature! I don't go outside Moultonborough Bay a ton, but there have been times I've realized I was lower on petrol than I thought and would have liked to know the nearest gas dock.

Thanks for this, and thanks for all the other functions!

Rich 05-10-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 311165)
Hey, I just saw the gas map--that's a GREAT feature! I don't go outside Moultonborough Bay a ton, but there have been times I've realized I was lower on petrol than I thought and would have liked to know the nearest gas dock.

Thanks for this, and thanks for all the other functions!

I'm glad you found it useful! I've heard a very similar story a couple of times now.

Cal Coon 05-12-2019 09:40 AM

FWIW, the Bizer chart is also a "gas map", among many other things as well, ie: restaurants, repair facility, marine store, etc... Let's face it, when you are low on fuel, it's NOT the price of fuel you worry about, it's where the CLOSEST gas dock is!!

Rich 05-13-2019 04:10 PM

You are 100% correct! Bizer has a lot of useful resources on his map!

WinniGas isn't always about who has the lowest price.

It also shows which stations have certain additives, which people may prefer.

It lists if a station has a ships store, perhaps with ice cream for the kids, or drinks, etc.

It has the gas map, to help people find the closest gas, or to find a station they were not aware of.

It has phone numbers that you can easily click to dial, to help allow people to easily call without having to enter phone numbers as a boat bobs around in the water. Perhaps they are running late and need to ask them to stay open for 10 more minutes. True story: I was on a friend's boat that had to call and ask a gas dock attendant to wait for us as one engine ran out of fuel and the other was running on fumes!.

Every boater on the lake should have a copy of Bizer's map!

Puffin 05-13-2019 04:47 PM

Can't seem to enter updated pricing. Getting the following error message.

Database failure, can't execute! Please contact us and report this error!

Rich 05-14-2019 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puffin (Post 311372)

Thanks for the report! It sounds like a site glitch if it can't look up a database entry.

I just tested it and it seems to be all ok now, so I'm not sure what happened. I'm on a shared server to keep costs down. Rarely there are issues like this and trying later simply works ok.

Could you please try again?

Or tell me what were you trying to post (price and location) and I can test it.

Thanks again for the report.

Puffin 05-14-2019 04:03 PM

Thanks for the reply Rich,

I re-tried today and all is well. The price was entered and accepted.

https://winnigas.com/submitprice is the link that I was having difficulty with last evening. tried a couple times with no luck, today, I was able to enter for West Alton Marina, 3:45 as of 5/12/19.

Peter

Rich 05-15-2019 05:34 AM

Thanks for the report and for letting me know about the issue.

The site seems to work well. This is the first report of trouble I've seen, so hopefully it won't happen again.

Outdoorsman 05-15-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 311159)
No worries.

By the way, I'm not a company. I haven't made a dime from any of this. In fact, it costs me some $$ and time to keep it running.

I took over WinniGas to keep it alive as I always thought it was a useful resource for boaters and I didn't want to see it die when the original owner wanted to 'retire'.

The nice thing about the wreck map, similar to the gas map, if you don't need it, or click on it, you will never even know it's there. It doesn't load or slow anything down. So feel free to ignore it.

I've had people tell me that the gas map is also not needed, as they know where the gas docks are located.

Not sure how to respond to that.

upthesaukee 05-15-2019 05:02 PM

Out of context

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 311568)
Not sure how to respond to that.

You highlighted a sentence in Rich's answer to you that in essence said some people don't need the map because they know where the gas docks are. I guess this comment is designed to support your position. What you didn't highlight was the next sentence which essentially says others say they find the map useful.

I guess if you don't need it, don't use the feature. It is nice to know that if you ever do need to find gas in an unfamiliar part of the lake, it's there.

Dave

znh 05-23-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 310911)

That's cool thanks.

Also, I thought there was a ship off the North shore of Birch/Steamboat that was in fairly shallow water that you could see just by snorkeling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onhhm7OSlSs

Rich 05-29-2019 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znh (Post 312244)
That's cool thanks.

Also, I thought there was a ship off the North shore of Birch/Steamboat that was in fairly shallow water that you could see just by snorkeling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onhhm7OSlSs

There probably is, and I'm sure there are others that are also not on this map. I'll be happy to add more wreck sites if I'm sent the appropriate details. See other listings for the required information

Rich 05-29-2019 05:48 AM

With over half of the gas docks having their prices updated for 2019, it looks like the current prices on the water range from about $3.40 to $4.09.

We still need about 9 more gas docks to have their prices updated this year. I'm surprised that popular spots like Fay's and MVYC haven't been reported yet.

Phantom 05-29-2019 07:13 AM

MVYC $3.59 last week end

Rich 05-30-2019 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 312640)
MVYC $3.59 last week end

Did you enter the price on https://WinniGas.com ?

Give it a try!

Barney Bear 05-30-2019 06:50 AM

Seek and Ye Shall Find! ⛽️

Rich: Check Item #12 for Fay's update in May 2019. 🐻

Lakeboater 05-30-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Bear (Post 312718)
Rich: Check Item #12 for Fay's update in May 2019. 🐻

I think Rich meant that Fay’s has not been reported on winnigas.com this season. Still has not.

Rich 06-16-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puffin (Post 311372)

I just want to report it took some time to track down this issue. I just today found out the root cause of this issue. I should have it fixed by tonight or tomorrow, as soon as I can get back to my development system.

It seems that the mobile networks are starting to use IPV6 addresses, and some legacy code was only expecting IPV4 addresses. Oops!

In the mean time, most but 4 gas docks have been updated by now.

Until I fix the issue, wait until you are on WiFi to report a price, as many WiFi connections are still using IPV4 addresses. Or just wait until Monday, when I should expect to have this fixed.

Sorry for the confusion caused by this.

Rich 06-17-2019 07:50 AM

This issue should be fixed as of last night.

Since the 'fix', there have been price reports from IPV6 clients. :)

Sorry if you were previously affected by this issue, hopefully everything is running smoothly now. :cool:

Lakeboater 06-17-2019 08:37 AM

Thanks

Rich thanks for your hard work on this. I appreciate it. I try to update whenever I gas up and sometimes when I run down the channel. Thanks again 👍

Rich 06-17-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeboater (Post 313495)
Rich thanks for your hard work on this. I appreciate it. I try to update whenever I gas up and sometimes when I run down the channel. Thanks again ��

You're quite welcome! I'm glad you find the site useful.

And thanks to you for helping to update the prices! It helps your fellow boaters and I'm sure everyone appreciates the reports!

We're down to needing a price update for the following gas docks for 2019:
Ambrose Cove
Meredith Marina
Lanes End
Y-Landing (both Gas and Diesel)

All other gas docks have had their prices reported at least once so far this year.

Now that this 'bug' was squashed, I'm sure we'll see more price updates, unless the problem scared people away. :rolleye2:

Rich 06-29-2019 01:37 PM

Y-Landing still needs some love, but all other stations have had updates this year.

@Joey2665, don't forget to PM me to stop by for your "prize"!

joey2665 06-29-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 314312)
Y-Landing still needs some love, but all other stations have had updates this year.

@Joey2665, don't forget to PM me to stop by for your "prize"!

Thanks Rich. I’ll pm you when I get there next week.

kauriel 06-30-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 313492)
This issue should be fixed as of last night.

Since the 'fix', there have been price reports from IPV6 clients. :)

Sorry if you were previously affected by this issue, hopefully everything is running smoothly now. :cool:

I tried reporting gas price this weekend and couldn't tell if it worked as I didn't receive a submission or confirmation. I clicked submit a few times and then later saw that it posted multiple times and that others did same thing. Not sure if it is easy to add a confirmation and/or re-direct or if my phone was just having an issue with the site.

Rich 07-01-2019 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kauriel (Post 314379)
I tried reporting gas price this weekend and couldn't tell if it worked as I didn't receive a submission or confirmation. I clicked submit a few times and then later saw that it posted multiple times and that others did same thing. Not sure if it is easy to add a confirmation and/or re-direct or if my phone was just having an issue with the site.

Thanks for the report. I believe what is happening is that there are some weak cell signal areas around the lake, and the phone keeps retrying your post. When you finally get to a good signal area the multiple tries come in.

It usually does let you know when a post was successful. I haven't come up with a good solution to the weak or no signal when attempting to post a price yet. I suppose I could filter out duplicates from the same IP address within a short period of time to stop the string of duplicates.

Thanks for sticking with it and posting a price report!

kauriel 07-01-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 314384)
Thanks for the report. I believe what is happening is that there are some weak cell signal areas around the lake, and the phone keeps retrying your post. When you finally get to a good signal area the multiple tries come in.

It usually does let you know when a post was successful. I haven't come up with a good solution to the weak or no signal when attempting to post a price yet. I suppose I could filter out duplicates from the same IP address within a short period of time to stop the string of duplicates.

Thanks for sticking with it and posting a price report!

I just tested on my home wifi and it seems it takes a bit for the confirmation to show on my phone. I only clicked submit twice this time before it went to the submission page (when at Fay's I just gave up and never saw the submission page). I wonder if it's possible to add an hour glass or something to show it's working so impatient people like me don't submit a bunch of duplicates :emb:

Rich 07-02-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kauriel (Post 314445)
I just tested on my home wifi and it seems it takes a bit for the confirmation to show on my phone. I only clicked submit twice this time before it went to the submission page (when at Fay's I just gave up and never saw the submission page). I wonder if it's possible to add an hour glass or something to show it's working so impatient people like me don't submit a bunch of duplicates :emb:

I took a bit more aggressive approach to stop multiple submissions. I also added a working icon to show that something is happening.

Thanks again for the reports! I truly appreciate it!

Rich 10-21-2019 09:54 AM

With the 2019 boating season just about over, thank you to everyone that posted gas prices on WinniGas!

With an easy click on your phone, you helped other boaters!
Thank you!