Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Size doesn't matter... (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25827)

steve-on-mark 05-29-2020 06:10 AM

Size doesn't matter...

1 Attachment(s)
I know...his house is bigger too...sigh. [emoji6]Attachment 16035

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

webmaster 05-29-2020 06:48 AM

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=24439

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...d.php?p=311666

upthesaukee 05-29-2020 07:49 AM

Valet?

Is that valet parking?

Dave

Paugus Bay Resident 05-29-2020 07:52 AM

Bet the little guy gets used more :)

steve-on-mark 05-29-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paugus Bay Resident (Post 335670)
Bet the little guy gets used more :)

Sure does...my commuter boat!

iw8surf 05-29-2020 09:33 AM

I’d like to just live on that boat for the summer... Give me WiFi and I’ll work from the boat too!

Biggd 05-29-2020 10:02 AM

I guess more people are social distancing on their tractors. I know I have been. 😀

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Taz 05-29-2020 10:13 AM

The crane was there to launch it yesterday. Silver Sands can't launch it. The owner needs to hire a crane!

Dave R 05-29-2020 10:41 AM

Seems like such a waste to keep that thing land-locked on a lake where you can't legally anchor overnight and where there are no transient slips it will fit in. Goes against everything I love about cruising.

I like to think I get around pretty good in my boat, but I was humbled last year when I shared an overnight anchorage on the Maine mid-coast (Port Clyde) with some folks that had just cruised there from Europe. They probably feel the same way about my boat as I feel about the boat in the photo...

FlyingScot 05-29-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 335699)
Seems like such a waste to keep that thing land-locked on a lake where you can't legally anchor overnight and where there are no transient slips it will fit in. Goes against everything I love about cruising.

I like to think I get around pretty good in my boat, but I was humbled last year when I shared an overnight anchorage on the Maine mid-coast (Port Clyde) with some folks that had just cruised there from Europe. They probably feel the same way about my boat as I feel about the boat in the photo...

Agreed. It is a GORGEOUS boat, but I can't see it being worth the hassle on our little lake.

Biggd 05-30-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 335761)
Agreed. It is a GORGEOUS boat, but I can't see it being worth the hassle on our little lake.

I agree, but he has a successful business so I'm sure it's for business use only.[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 05-30-2020 09:54 AM

I posted this picture 'cause it struck me kinda funny that the largest boat on the lake was in the same frame as one of the smallest! Is it too big for the lake? Probably. Does it effect me? Nope! My wife thinks it's ridiculous that I've filled the house with speakers and subwoofers, but that's my "thing"...it makes me happy. I think it's ridiculous that she spends hundreds of dollars on flowers for the deck ( they'll all be dead in 5 months), but that's HER " thing"...it makes her happy. We all have " things" that seem ridiculous to some, but normal to us, so be nice! That is all! ;-)

salty dog 05-30-2020 10:39 AM

Definitely a lot of boat. A bit of overkill for Winni. All the amenities of home!
I'll tell you one thing we have with our Xcursion 23C that the Galeon doesn't;
about 40 GPH less fuel burn! ;)

I posted this on my channel from last summer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BGl91sdX2k

tis 05-30-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 335799)
I posted this picture 'cause it struck me kinda funny that the largest boat on the lake was in the same frame as one of the smallest! Is it too big for the lake? Probably. Does it effect me? Nope! My wife thinks it's ridiculous that I've filled the house with speakers and subwoofers, but that's my "thing"...it makes me happy. I think it's ridiculous that she spends hundreds of dollars on flowers for the deck ( they'll all be dead in 5 months), but that's HER " thing"...it makes her happy. We all have " things" that seem ridiculous to some, but normal to us, so be nice! That is all! ;-)

It struck me funny too-the first time I saw it and it still does!

steve-on-mark 07-21-2020 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the " little Whaler " replacement...keeping my fingers crossed I don't get the " your boat is too long for your slip" email from management![emoji6]

Attachment 16241

ishoot308 07-21-2020 08:15 PM

Beautiful

Awesome boat Steve! Perfect island boat!

Good luck with her!

Dan

ApS 07-22-2020 03:12 AM

Ask Any Canoeist...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 335699)

Now that giant wakes are imperiling Lake Winnipesaukee's shorelines and water quality, that legal restriction has turned out to be essential.

steve-on-mark 07-22-2020 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 339529)
Awesome boat Steve! Perfect island boat!

Good luck with her!

Dan

Thanks Dan! Bought her from a brokerage who had little knowledge of the boat, so I'm gonna have to figure out how to work all the " stuff " on my own![emoji6]

Hillcountry 07-22-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 339547)
Thanks Dan! Bought her from a brokerage who had little knowledge of the boat, so I'm gonna have to figure out how to work all the " stuff " on my own![emoji6]

Nice boats! I was looking hard at the C-Dory boats for replacing my toon.
One thing I read about is the plastic fuel tanks expanding and contracting Over time...I’m sure you know this though. Good luck with “C-Nile”!

steve-on-mark 07-22-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 339550)
One thing I read about is the plastic fuel tanks expanding and contracting Over time...I’m sure you know this though. Good luck with “C-Nile”!

I did research as well and discovered that. Boat was delivered with full tanks, but probably will keep them only half full...these look good!

codeman671 07-22-2020 08:41 PM

She may make you pull all of your speakers out of the house and install them in the boat.

steve-on-mark 07-22-2020 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 339610)
She may make you pull all of your speakers out of the house and install them in the boat.

Nah...too many people enjoy the house system...the boat will get it's own system!

VitaBene 07-22-2020 08:47 PM

Nice boat Steve! What is it powered with?

steve-on-mark 07-22-2020 08:53 PM

90 hp Yamaha outboard...planes at 9 / 10 mph and is supposed to be very fuel efficient.

ishoot308 07-22-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 339613)
90 hp Yamaha outboard...planes at 9 / 10 mph and is supposed to be very fuel efficient.

What’s the length and beam width Steve? Guessing around 22’ long?

Dan

steve-on-mark 07-23-2020 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 339615)
What’s the length and beam width Steve? Guessing around 22’ long?

Dan

The length is 22 feet, and the beam 7' 8". I'm curious to see how it will handle the " rough weekend seas" of Winni. V in the bow, but flat in the stern...I've never driven a boat that planes so quickly and easily!

Barney Bear 07-23-2020 05:58 AM

The Curious Want To Know

Do the cats and Charolette approve of this new floating cat house and dog house? 🐻

MDoug 07-23-2020 06:25 AM

C Dory

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 339625)
The length is 22 feet, and the beam 7' 8". I'm curious to see how it will handle the " rough weekend seas" of Winni. V in the bow, but flat in the stern...I've never driven a boat that planes so quickly and easily!

Our 22 ft C Dory does ok with rough water as long as we hit the big rollers at 45 degrees or so.
Perfect island boat, great in cold weather with the Wallas stove

steve-on-mark 07-23-2020 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Bear (Post 339628)
Do the cats and Charolette approve of this new floating cat house and dog house? [emoji199]

Charlotte seems to enjoy it...likes riding in the v berth. Cats? Ehh...

steve-on-mark 07-23-2020 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDoug (Post 339629)
Our 22 ft C Dory does ok with rough water as long as we hit the big rollers at 45 degrees or so.
Perfect island boat, great in cold weather with the Wallas stove

Is yours at y landing? Peeked at that one along with the new one they had there before I bought this one.

ishoot308 07-23-2020 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 339625)

I bet it handles rough water just fine! The C Dory has a semi-displacement hull similar to my Eastern. VERY fuel efficient! This type of hull takes a little bit of getting used to especially if your coming from a deep V style boat. In rough water it's trim down, throttle down and let the hull do its job. You don't want to expose the flat bottom to rough waves.

As time goes by please report back and let us know your thoughts. I am quite interested. Personally I think you will love it once you get used to it...

Dan

steve-on-mark 07-23-2020 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 339633)
I bet it handles rough water just fine! The C Dory has a semi-displacement hull similar to my Eastern. VERY fuel efficient! This type of hull takes a little bit of getting used to especially if your coming from a deep V style boat. In rough water it's trim down, throttle down and let the hull do its job. You don't want to expose the flat bottom to rough waves.

As time goes by please report back and let us know your thoughts. I am quite interested. Personally I think you will love it once you get used to it...

Sea trial was in Penobscott Bay... I could feel some slap from the back of the hull but I was trimmed up. I thought that trimming down might work better by putting more of the vee in the water when the lake gets rough... I will certainly experiment!

gillygirl 07-23-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 339528)
Here is the " little Whaler " replacement...keeping my fingers crossed I don't get the " your boat is too long for your slip" email from management![emoji6]Attachment 16241

Hey, who’s in the carrier? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

BoatHouse 07-23-2020 09:58 AM

Boat Size

During 4th of July weekend, I was waiting to dock at the Wolfeboro public docks. I am very familiar with the docks and can usually get a spot even on the busiest days within 15-20 minutes.

There were 2-3 boats in front of me and I was patiently waiting my turn. I had 4 adults and 6 kids on the boat looking to get lunch. That is when the guy in front of me turned and and said "Hey, you have a little boat, why don't you take that spot on the right"? I said, "Who you calling little? You should see my anchor!"

After my guests stopped laughing at me, I proceeded to take the little spot on the dock and go to lunch.

Has anyone else been shamed like this in front of you family and guests while docking at the public docks around the lake? How did you handle it? Should I have taken down their reg number and notified Marine patrol of the Boat shaming?

For reference, I have a Cobalt 220S. Not the biggest boat on the lake, but certainly not the smallest. LOL

ishoot308 07-23-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoatHouse (Post 339641)
During 4th of July weekend, I was waiting to dock at the Wolfeboro public docks. I am very familiar with the docks and can usually get a spot even on the busiest days within 15-20 minutes.

There were 2-3 boats in front of me and I was patiently waiting my turn. I had 4 adults and 6 kids on the boat looking to get lunch. That is when the guy in front of me turned and and said "Hey, you have a little boat, why don't you take that spot on the right"? I said, "Who you calling little? You should see my anchor!"

After my guests stopped laughing at me, I proceeded to take the little spot on the dock and go to lunch.

Has anyone else been shamed like this in front of you family and guests while docking at the public docks around the lake? How did you handle it? Should I have taken down their reg number and notified Marine patrol of the Boat shaming?

For reference, I have a Cobalt 220S. Not the biggest boat on the lake, but certainly not the smallest. LOL

You aren't serious are you??

I would of thanked that person in the other boat for being so kind and understanding and for realizing that spot was probably better suited for you than for him. Certainly no shaming there...

Dan

steve-on-mark 07-23-2020 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 339636)
hey, who’s in the carrier? [emoji6]

sent from my ipad using winnipesaukee forum mobile app

there are so many i lose track! :-) actually it was empty... Brought it out to safely extricate the kitties!

BoatHouse 07-23-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 339642)
You aren't serious are you??

I would of thanked that person in the other boat for being so kind and understanding and for realizing that spot was probably better suited for you than for him. Certainly no shaming there...

Dan

I am serious that he said it. And yes, you are correct. I thanked him for letting me take the open spot. It was funny that he said I had a little boat.

LoveLakeLife 07-23-2020 11:28 AM

How was lunch in Wolfeboro? Did you finish with ice cream or the Yum Yum shop or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Descant 07-23-2020 02:00 PM

Wolfeboro courtesy

Sold 5-6 years ago, but we used to have a 37' flybridge cruiser. From the bridge it was a lot easier to see inside spaces and advise smaller boats of availability that they couldn't see. Nobody took offense at the size of their boat, and would allow us to back into the end of the dock so we would only use 20'-24' of actual dock. Mostly, everybody was friendly and worked together regardless of who was first in line. Can't imagine why the OP felt shamed.

Jdarby 07-23-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoatHouse (Post 339641)

Ahhhh....the joys of a “small” boat! Getting families to lunch faster for hundreds of years!

steve-on-mark 07-23-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 339550)

This might be the time to look for one. Usually, right after i buy something, the market gets flooded with whatever it was i bought and the prices drop dramatically!

Hillcountry 07-23-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 339682)
This might be the time to look for one. Usually, right after i buy something, the market gets flooded with whatever it was i bought and the prices drop dramatically!

Ya me too! :laugh:

MDoug 07-23-2020 06:43 PM

C Dory

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 339631)
Is yours at y landing? Peeked at that one along with the new one they had there before I bought this one.

Yep. We bought it through Dave Hamblett in 2006. A wonderful boat

steve-on-mark 07-23-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDoug (Post 339686)
Yep. We bought it through Dave Hamblett in 2006. A wonderful boat

Only other one I've seen on the lake. Are you on an island as well?

Juiced06GTO 07-27-2020 01:17 PM

I think I saw you puttering around between Bear and Sheps on Saturday late morning? If so the boat looked great!

steve-on-mark 07-27-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO (Post 339932)
I think I saw you puttering around between Bear and Sheps on Saturday late morning? If so the boat looked great!

Must have been MDoug...i didn't go any further than Mark all weekend.

MDoug 07-27-2020 04:40 PM

C Dory

May have been the kids you saw. We're stuck in Georgia til the virus is gone or a vaccine becomes available.
Thanks for the compliment to Mikey!

MDoug 07-27-2020 04:42 PM

C Dory

We have a camp on Bear

steve-on-mark 07-27-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDoug (Post 339947)
We have a camp on Bear

Sad you can't come up...been a beautiful summer so far...except for the vacation week i had earlier this month.

MDoug 07-27-2020 07:26 PM

C Dory

Thanks

Our daughters have managed to cope with camp life without us. They're in their fifties, but I still think of them as kids:)

steve-on-mark 07-27-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDoug (Post 339951)
Thanks

Our daughters have managed to cope with camp life without us. They're in their fifties, but I still think of them as kids:)

They'll always be kids to you![emoji6]

VitaBene 07-28-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoatHouse (Post 339646)
I am serious that he said it. And yes, you are correct. I thanked him for letting me take the open spot. It was funny that he said I had a little boat.

Certainly not "little" and a nice one too.

steve-on-mark 09-23-2020 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not as much of a difference compared to the 13 foot Whaler from this past May, but still sizable...at least my " season " is longer! [emoji6]Attachment 16464

fatlazyless 09-23-2020 06:49 AM

You need to get a $43 Road Pro 12-volt portable car stove to go with your $2000 Wallas kerosene heating and cooking to complete that kitchen. It's an oven for $43 that gets plugged into the cigarette lighter. ... :rolleye2:

steve-on-mark 09-23-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 344010)
You need to get a $43 Road Pro 12-volt portable car stove to go with your $2000 Wallas kerosene heating and cooking to complete that kitchen. It's an oven for $43 that gets plugged into the cigarette lighter. ... :rolleye2:

Do you think you could hook me up with a little 12v countertop icemaker?? [emoji6]

pondguy 09-23-2020 08:32 AM

Amazon

Touch Screen Stainless Steel Countertop Portable Ice Maker Great for Home Office Boat RV Ice Cube Machine

steve-on-mark 09-23-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondguy (Post 344019)
Touch Screen Stainless Steel Countertop Portable Ice Maker Great for Home Office Boat RV Ice Cube Machine

Sweet!! I'll put it next to the wine bar!!

Descant 09-23-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 344022)
Sweet!! I'll put it next to the wine bar!!

Good idea. I thought it was to ice down your fish. My jump box also has 110V outlets. It can be charged from a 12V outlet to keep the 110V going longer.

steve-on-mark 09-23-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 344023)
Good idea. I thought it was to ice down your fish. My jump box also has 110V outlets. It can be charged from a 12V outlet to keep the 110V going longer.

To hell with the fish...let 'em get their own ice! :)