Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where is PEPPER (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20255)

RLW 02-17-2016 10:14 PM

Where is PEPPER

Can someone tell me if Waldo and Pepper are still around. I just came back on after a lengthy absence and I went to members and see she hasn't logged in since 2012. Thanks in advance.:)

SAMIAM 02-18-2016 07:38 AM

Last I knew she was working in a supervisory position at Lowes.....wish she'd come back to the forum. Always funny and thoughtful posts

webmaster 02-18-2016 07:54 AM

People come and go on forums like this. I am friends with her on Facebook and she seems to be happy and doing well. When she was running Waldo Peppers her participation on the forum seemed to benefit her business and she was a very active member. After she gave up the business her participation quickly declined and she soon disappeared entirely. I miss her too.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...pperFest_2.jpg

phoenix 02-18-2016 07:41 PM

Don I remember I met you at her restaurant . Yes I miss her also

rander7823 02-19-2016 10:44 AM

I don't know why

I suddenly have a craving for a Steak & Cheese

webmaster 02-19-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rander7823 (Post 257255)
I suddenly have a craving for a Steak & Cheese

Here's what I am craving.

I just noticed that the Mini-Forumfest at Waldo Peppers was almost 10 years ago. Where did the time go?

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...8134-1024w.jpg

SIKSUKR 02-19-2016 12:45 PM

Barbara was a really nice person..and had a great redhead smile:D.

Island Girl 02-19-2016 01:03 PM

Pepper and the Babes on Sleds

The babes on sleds were frequent customers of Waldo Peppers. We all love Pepper!

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 257206)

ghfromaltonbay 02-19-2016 02:34 PM

Lobster rolls to go!

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 257256)
Here's what I am craving.

I just noticed that the Mini-Forumfest at Waldo Peppers was almost 10 years ago. Where did the time go?

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...8134-1024w.jpg

That was a great afternoon. Remember the poor Laconia policemen who couldn't figure out why we were laughing hysterically in the back corner? Something to do with strippers.......

It was worth the trip up from NJ to attend. Even took a lobster roll to go for my brother (GTXrider) back home. It made it back to NJ in fine shape.

Island Girl 02-19-2016 02:38 PM

Pepperfest

That was a good time... good food, and good friends. It was a great way to break up the winter.

gravy boat 02-20-2016 06:53 AM

Pepper

Pepper has been busy caring for special needs individuals, which takes up most of her time. God bless her for heeding the call to care for those in need.

GB

trfour 02-20-2016 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravy boat (Post 257279)
Pepper has been busy caring for special needs individuals, which takes up most of her time. God bless her for heeding the call to care for those in need.

GB

Pepper, as always...
Love you,
Terry

Pepper 02-20-2016 06:09 PM

Here I am!

Folks, I am overwhelmed. Yes, it's been such a very long time since I've been here on the forum. I think often of so many of my special forum friends, and have such wonderful memories of all the wonderful times we've shared. I've been blessed to have found several of my closest forum friends on Facebook, and I'm thankful that I have that connection.

When I went to work for Lowe's it wasn't long before I was promoted to a management position, and with that came frequent 12+ hour days, and a 1 1/2 hour commute each way. I held several positions in several stores before finally returning to the Gilford store for a bit.

We had moved my mother-in-law in with us in 2006, she was 85 and legally blind. As the years went on, she needed more and more care until dementia finally took what was left of her. She lived with us until the last 4 weeks of her life, when her condition warranted hospitalization. As her condition was deteriorating, I made the decision to leave Lowe's and stay home to care for her.

This home care-giving led to yet another life change, and since 2001 we've been providing and adult foster home for individuals with developmental disabilities. I cannot go into the specifics of their conditions, but suffice it to say that my days and nights are very full. This doesn't leave me with much time to be out and about, and despite living right here, my connection to all things Winni Forum has dwindled as my focus is pretty much now on the health and wellness and various needs of the individuals we care for here in our home.

Although that may sound terribly sad, it's actually one of the most rewarding things you could possibly imagine, and my heart is very full. We do take the opportunity to board a cruise ship at least once a year, while respite help come in and take over our responsibilities here in the house. We choose to cruise because it allows us to completely decompress and relax. From time to time we do manage to get out and enjoy a nice lunch or dinner, or spend time with family, but for the most part, home is where we are. As such, you can imagine that our "world" is considerably smaller than it once was and it sort of reaches a point where you don't really feel as though you have anything to contribute to a forum such as this, when your life no longer has much of a connection with all the topics of discussion. So, this is pretty much why I haven't been around.

Please know that so, so, so many of you occupy very special places in my heart, and also that I am humbled by the love. Sending out Pepper hugs to all!!!

ishoot308 02-20-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 257298)
Folks, I am overwhelmed. Yes, it's been such a very long time since I've been here on the forum. I think often of so many of my special forum friends, and have such wonderful memories of all the wonderful times we've shared. I've been blessed to have found several of my closest forum friends on Facebook, and I'm thankful that I have that connection.

When I went to work for Lowe's it wasn't long before I was promoted to a management position, and with that came frequent 12+ hour days, and a 1 1/2 hour commute each way. I held several positions in several stores before finally returning to the Gilford store for a bit.

We had moved my mother-in-law in with us in 2006, she was 85 and legally blind. As the years went on, she needed more and more care until dementia finally took what was left of her. She lived with us until the last 4 weeks of her life, when her condition warranted hospitalization. As her condition was deteriorating, I made the decision to leave Lowe's and stay home to care for her.

This home care-giving led to yet another life change, and since 2001 we've been providing and adult foster home for individuals with developmental disabilities. I cannot go into the specifics of their conditions, but suffice it to say that my days and nights are very full. This doesn't leave me with much time to be out and about, and despite living right here, my connection to all things Winni Forum has dwindled as my focus is pretty much now on the health and wellness and various needs of the individuals we care for here in our home.

Although that may sound terribly sad, it's actually one of the most rewarding things you could possibly imagine, and my heart is very full. We do take the opportunity to board a cruise ship at least once a year, while respite help come in and take over our responsibilities here in the house. We choose to cruise because it allows us to completely decompress and relax. From time to time we do manage to get out and enjoy a nice lunch or dinner, or spend time with family, but for the most part, home is where we are. As such, you can imagine that our "world" is considerably smaller than it once was and it sort of reaches a point where you don't really feel as though you have anything to contribute to a forum such as this, when your life no longer has much of a connection with all the topics of discussion. So, this is pretty much why I haven't been around.

Please know that so, so, so many of you occupy very special places in my heart, and also that I am humbled by the love. Sending out Pepper hugs to all!!!

I have never met you, but God bless you Pepper!!

Dan

Pepper 02-20-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 257299)
I have never met you, but God bless you Pepper!!

Dan

Thank you, Dan! God blesses me every day by giving me good health and the opportunity to truly make a difference in other people's lives. That is a bountiful blessing, indeed. ;)

Just Sold 02-20-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Pepper you are a true angel. I thank you for all that you do for those that need the care, respect and love you provide them.

phoenix 02-21-2016 08:39 AM

glad you are doing well. I miss you and your great lobster rolls

Orion 02-22-2016 09:16 AM

You're wrong.......

Quote:

........As such, you can imagine that our "world" is considerably smaller than it once was and it sort of reaches a point where you don't really feel as though you have anything to contribute to a forum such as this, when your life no longer has much of a connection with all the topics of discussion.......

.....I think you just made the forum contribution of the year! God bless.:)

LIforrelaxin 02-22-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Pepper,

It sounds as though you love what you are doing, and that is what is important. Even better that you are doing something that is really making a difference.

Know that you are always welcome here on the Forum, and you always have something to contribute to this forum, even if it is just to say your alive and doing fine!!!

Jason

SIKSUKR 02-22-2016 02:42 PM

Post of the year goes to.....Pepper!So nice to hear from you.

Dave M 02-22-2016 06:09 PM

Glad you made a post

I know Pepper but not as well as other forum members. What I remember is going to Waldo's when first found out about the place. One day I took my Wife and Mother there and we ordered and ate outside on the picnic tables. As we just about to leave Pepper came running out and we just sat down and chatted for a few minutes. She was one of the friendliest person I ever met. We couldn't get over how an owner would do that. I'll never forget that. I also wish Waldo's was still there but can understand why.
Pepper, God has set a path for you and couldn't have picked a better person for it. Pepper you are a Saint, not many of us could do and handle what you do 24/7. God bless you. My only hope is that you have continued health and be able to smell the roses whenever you can. Remember Pepper you have to take care of yourself also.
Glad you made a post.

Dave M

Happy Gourmand 02-25-2016 01:36 PM

Pepper, Do what you love, and love what you do. Sounds like you found your true calling. Good luck! :)

Cindido 02-25-2016 05:38 PM

We've never met Pepper, but the world needs more people like you. God Bless !!!

RLW 02-25-2016 07:46 PM

My best to Pepper

I'm so glad that I started this post as it has brought back many a memory of the great past that we all enjoyed. The biggest reason for post was to find out if and how Pepper is doing. I'm so happy to hear that she is doing so well and following her calling helping others that needs her care.
God Bless you Pepper:):)

Pepper 03-07-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave M (Post 257365)
... Remember Pepper you have to take care of yourself also.
Glad you made a post.

Dave M

I am indeed taking care of myself, too. Last Sunday I boarded the Norwegian Breakaway in NY and sailed off to paradise for 7 days. Enjoyed great food, plenty of sunshine, a spa treatment or two, and took part in everything the ship had to offer. I've returned relaxed, and totally refreshed. :D

Pepper 03-07-2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLW (Post 257538)
I'm so glad that I started this post as it has brought back many a memory of the great past that we all enjoyed. The biggest reason for post was to find out if and how Pepper is doing. I'm so happy to hear that she is doing so well and following her calling helping others that needs her care.
God Bless you Pepper:):)

I'm so glad you started the post too, and that several friends reached out via text or Facebook to alert me to it.

I promise I'll do my best to try and hang around more often!

All the best to you!