Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Wildlife (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Bear in Lakeport! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21205)

Lynnio 09-05-2016 08:24 AM

Bear in Lakeport!

In the 7+ years I've lived in NH, I've never seen a bear (my husband has seen lots of them as he drives around for work, though). I've never even seen a bear while out hiking. But this morning as I was coming back from my walk/run and one of my neighbors a few blocks away was heading out for his run, he gave me a heads up and showed me a video of a bear in his neighbor's yard (recorded last night). After I thanked him for letting me know and then took about 6 steps away toward home, there went the bear running across the street.

So if you're in Lakeport just be aware - the bear was spotted around 6 PM Sunday night near the intersection of Belvidere & Jefferson Streets, and Monday morning a little after 6:30 AM near the intersection of Jefferson & North Streets (it was heading north on North Street). Hopefully it will make its way up toward the state forest.

kauriel 09-05-2016 11:49 AM

I saw two bears crossing Rt 3 near the Meredith/Laconia border last Sunday 8/28. One ran across the road in front of my car and then another crossed behind our car. I freaked out because there was a guardrail on the other side where the first bear was headed but it just ducked right under it and got out of the road quickly.

Tomt 09-05-2016 04:09 PM

I was walking the dog yesterday in Moultonborough and when I got back to the house a woman who was walking said to me "did you see the bear cub in your front yard"? I said how long ago? she said about 20 min. Guess I missed it I probably walked right by it, the timing was right. you think the dog would have seen it.

chaseisland 09-06-2016 09:01 AM

Treed bear

1 Attachment(s)
One neighbor has chipmunk problem, the other has a duck issue with a poop riddled dock, and I have a bear in the pine tree in my front yard. Oh how I wish for chipmunk or duck problems.

Doobs41378 09-06-2016 09:10 AM

We were staying in Moultonborough a few years ago and we had one climb up the tree next to camp. It was pretty neat to see but you could tell he was scared. In the am he wasn't there anymore.

donnamatrix 09-06-2016 02:01 PM

Bear on the porch

1 Attachment(s)
We live in Moultonboro. This is photo of the big guy that climbed up our front porch 2 years ago. We always have bears. Make noise when you are out, take a whistle with you. This fellow looked to be about 500-600 pounds.

Lynnio 09-06-2016 03:33 PM

My hubby is in Moultonborough for work a lot, and that's usually where he sees bears. One even crossed the street in the crosswalk on the neck road last year! He saw one on Bay Street in Wolfeboro this past Saturday, too. They're certainly venturing into towns more with the drought.

chaseisland 09-06-2016 04:22 PM

gone

Watched the bear climb down the tree, only stopping half way to leave us a fecal and urine sample. It then nosed around the yard for 15 minutes before heading over to the neighbors. I think his chipmunk problem just got bigger. Oh yes, I watched this process with a .45 Judge in hand.