Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Getting Here (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EZ Pass now good to use while in Florida (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27111)

TheTimeTraveler 06-14-2021 10:44 AM

EZ Pass now good to use while in Florida

For you folks who go to Florida and have an EZ Pass; your EZ Pass toll transponder will now be good to use while driving in Florida.

For anyone who has a SunPass Transponder in Florida: For $14.95 you can buy a new SunPass Transponder which will also be good to use on all the EZ Pass locations in the Northeast.

This change is long overdue and will make it far easier for everyone!

Descant 06-14-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 357025)
For you folks who go to Florida and have an EZ Pass; your EZ Pass toll transponder will now be good to use while driving in Florida.

For anyone who has a SunPass Transponder in Florida: For $14.95 you can buy a new SunPass Transponder which will also be good to use on all the EZ Pass locations in the Northeast.

This change is long overdue and will make it far easier for everyone!

Good news.
Is the bridge to Sanibel part of the same state system?

MAXUM 06-14-2021 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Where ezpass is currently accepted

TheTimeTraveler 06-14-2021 04:35 PM

South Carolina Toll

The only toll in the State of South Carolina is on the road which runs over to Hilton Head Island.

The good news is that this road has been 100% paid off. The other good news is that South Carolina will not use this as a "forever cash cow" and will permanently remove this toll at midnight on June 30th, 2021 (in just a couple of weeks). Rare good news when the tolls have done their job.

In New Hampshire, Route 3, 93, and the Spaulding Turnpike have likely been paid off for years. I wonder when these tolls will be permanently removed? Likely never!

TheTimeTraveler 06-14-2021 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 357040)
Good news.

I did a Google search and it says that the Sanibel toll will accept SunPass. You only pay in the Westbound direction. Doesn't say anything about accepting EZ Pass but I would assume it will now accept that also.

Because of Covid they are not currently accepting cash, so there is no stopping at the toll plaza in any event (until they reopen the cash lane). Electronic toll only or pay bill by plate. Last I knew it was $6 last time I went over there.

Hope that helps.

Billy Bob 06-24-2021 06:32 AM

Most of Florida exempt

Be careful here , currently the ez pass only works at a few toll roads in Florida , mostly in the Orlando area.
I also found out the hard way that displaying both a sun pass and ez pass will of course get you double charged . I have both in our RV and got hit twice in Orlando ( only )

root1 07-01-2021 01:07 PM

Tolls rarely go away; its easy money for the politicians.
Just look at the Mass Pike ...... sigh .... :confused:
When will sanity & logic prevail?

bilproject 07-01-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 357040)
Good news.

No owned and operated by Lee cty. They do toll by plate but are going to go to Easypass soon.