Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Meredith Ramp (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26406)

V8TOR 10-04-2020 01:19 PM

Meredith Ramp

Has anyone used the Meredith ramp lately? Have a 195 Crownline was thinking of day launching next weekend and was wondering if it’s still deep enough. Used it in October 2016 where we had to balance the rear wheels half way off the slab to make it work.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggd 10-05-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8TOR (Post 344579)
Has anyone used the Meredith ramp lately? Have a 195 Crownline was thinking of day launching next weekend and was wondering if it’s still deep enough. Used it in October 2016 where we had to balance the rear wheels half way off the slab to make it work.
Thanks

I would launch elsewhere, it's really bad!
If you have a roller trailer it might be ok but I don't think you could get in deep enough with a bunk trailer.

LIforrelaxin 10-05-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V8TOR (Post 344579)
Thanks

Center Harbor is likely ok.... Up in moutonborogh the F&G access at the end of Long Island, States landing, and Lee's Mills are all likely still viable.....

V8TOR 10-05-2020 09:14 PM

Thanks, I’ll try Center Harbor.

Bud63 10-06-2020 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 344623)
I would launch elsewhere, it's really bad!
If you have a roller trailer it might be ok but I don't think you could get in deep enough with a bunk trailer.

I pulled my 27' R7 out of the water at Meredith on Sunday and had no issue with getting the bunk trailer deep enough

Biggd 10-06-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud63 (Post 344648)
I pulled my 27' R7 out of the water at Meredith on Sunday and had no issue with getting the bunk trailer deep enough

Did you have a double axle trailer and hang the rear wheels off the edge of the last cement section of ramp? If you have a single axle trailer and the wheels go off the ramp you're in trouble.
There are a couple wooden posts sticking up at the end of the cement ramp sections. When I looked at them this past weekend one recently had the top chewed up by a prop.

Top-Water 10-06-2020 04:25 PM

deleted ....................

Flotnjr 10-06-2020 07:18 PM

I haven't used the Meredith ramp in years, but the Center Harbor ramp has always been very deep and accessible. Plus you can pull off to the side and close up your boat and put your straps on without blocking traffic! :laugh:

Bud63 10-07-2020 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 344650)
Did you have a double axle trailer and hang the rear wheels off the edge of the last cement section of ramp? If you have a single axle trailer and the wheels go off the ramp you're in trouble.
There are a couple wooden posts sticking up at the end of the cement ramp sections. When I looked at them this past weekend one recently had the top chewed up by a prop.

I have a double axle and the rear axle was off the concrete but it was no biggie to pull it out with my GLS 450

V8TOR 10-07-2020 12:21 PM

Thanks Everyone. I have a single axel so perhaps Center Harbor is safer. I suppose I could always try Meredith first. It’s on the way. This is a sort of ritual I do at the beginning and end of each season. It’s on Winnisquam full time.

LIforrelaxin 10-07-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud63 (Post 344714)
I have a double axle and the rear axle was off the concrete but it was no biggie to pull it out with my GLS 450

There is the key, you where able to keep one axle on the pad.... There are a few ramps that just end out in deep water like that on winnipesaukee. Unfortunately they cause a major issue if you have single axle trailer. Coming from the west coast I am very familiar with this issue. Once a single axle goes over the edge, it then rests on the trailer frame on the edge of the ramp.... Friction is a bitch with the boat then loaded.

A few of the places I boated out west in drought years, you actually stopped using the ramp, and a section of the beach on the lakes or rivers would be opened up to facilitate launching and retrieving of boats.

The best solution to this situation can be seen at Winnisquam Marine, where they attached metal plates to the end of the ramp, so that they can back further in, during low water periods... although they have limitations as well.

last I knew Melvin Village Marina, was going to install a similar solution to their ramp, because they where having continuing problems with low water and their ramp.

TomKat 10-09-2020 06:57 PM

Center Harbor

Pulled out of Center Harbor yesterday

It was plenty deep for for my 23' onto a tandem axle.