Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Shoreline Construction Seminar August 17th (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24677)

bilproject 07-08-2019 09:31 AM

Shoreline Construction Seminar August 17th

The Meredith Islands Association (MIA) will be sponsoring a seminar on the laws and regulations governing construction on or in the shoreline of state waters. The seminar will be on August 17th at the Meredith Community Center on Rt3 in Meredith at 10 till noon. It is open to the public but you must register at registermiassoc@gmail.com as space is limited. Meredith Islands Association is a new organization that is made up of island property owners in the Town of Meredith. If you are a Meredith property owner on an island and would like to join, please email to meredithislandassociation@gmail.com. Speakers at the seminar will be Darlene Frost, Shoreland Section Supervisor (forum members will know here as "shorethings") and John Greenwood Meredith Code Enforcement Officer.

codeman671 07-09-2019 09:08 PM

FYI- it’s Forst, not Frost.

bilproject 07-11-2019 11:36 AM

Sorry spelling error. thanks for the correction.

bilproject 07-22-2019 06:44 AM

Seminar Cancelled

This seminar has been cancelled.

feb 07-22-2019 07:32 AM

Any reason?

Was it cancelled through lack of interest or just some other reason? It interested me but I couldn't commit to that day until I got closer to the date.

Are these periodically held or was this a favor from DES to the MIA?

bilproject 07-22-2019 07:44 AM

Darlene was doing the seminar on her own time. We only had 5 registered attendees and we did not think it fair to bring her up to Meredith for that number. It seems that there is an interest in the subject by our members and others but giving up lake time weighs greatly when committing to something on a Saturday. We will take a look at better times or dates and see if we can get a committment from attendees to reschedule in the future. It would have been a valuable resourse for people should they need to do dock repairs, address erosion or are planning an addition to a cottage. Must do not understand the regulations now and there are many changes being considered at this time by the state.

NH4me 07-22-2019 08:35 AM

Where would one go to find out what changes are being considered? In planning dock repairs or trying to protect eroding shoreline, I'm wondering if I should put them off or hurry to get permits before regulations get more restrictive?

Onshore 07-22-2019 09:06 AM

As far as what you can and can't do when it comes specifically to docking structure repairs and bank stabilization, the new rules don't change this. The new rules will allow deck or patio construction as an alternative to beach construction for the purpose of accessing the lake. Forms and application requirements are changing significantly. If what you are doing is limited to dock work or bank stabilization I would say there is no benefit in delaying.