Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sunday at the Lake (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26302)

Donzi Minx 09-06-2020 04:58 PM

Sunday at the Lake

Just another beautiful day at the lake. Lots of company, the water a little brisker than the last trip.
Not many more like this!

dippasan 09-09-2020 08:18 AM

Gorgeous

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donzi Minx (Post 343067)
Just another beautiful day at the lake. Lots of company, the water a little brisker than the last trip.
Not many more like this!

What a gorgeous Labor Day Weekend. Warm days, dry cool nights.
None of us could stop commenting on how beautiful it was

upthesaukee 09-09-2020 03:32 PM

Tuesday

Tuesday, my friend and I took his Cobalt for a nice ride. We left his place in Alton Bay and journeyed to Green Basin, then went into Lee's Mills (miss not being able to see the steamboats this year).

Next we went over to Center Harbor via the Long Island bridge. Stopped to check for eagles in the Hull / Blueberry Island area, and spotted one immature in a tree. After putting around Center Harbor area.

Then we headed to Meredith, hoping that the Town Docks were open, but unfortunately they were not.

So we headed to the Naswa, and had a nice lunch and a couple of drinks.

We left the Naz and did a putt putt down the shore line to the Spinnaker Cove area, and then headed back to Alton Bay via the G.I. bridge and Glendale.

We left at 9am and docked at 4pm. We both agreed you have to love the week after Labor Day.

Dave

Slickcraft 09-09-2020 03:45 PM

Yes Tuesday

The day after Labor Day (Mardi Calme?) is the start of the best time of the year on the lake!

rick35 09-09-2020 04:14 PM

When our kids played fall sports summer ended for us around August 15th when practices begin. And when the younger one went off to college we discovered the best time to be on the lake is after Labor Day.

Juiced06GTO 09-09-2020 04:14 PM

That's a great trip right there up! Nice when you can make some time between points and don't have to deal with all the boat wakes and traffic. We had some days like that in July when we were on vacation in Buzzel's Cove.

Descant 09-10-2020 12:30 PM

Great cruise

Sounds like a great cruise day. Surprised to hear Town Docks was closed. For the season, or just the day?

joey2665 09-10-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 343342)
Sounds like a great cruise day. Surprised to hear Town Docks was closed. For the season, or just the day?

Town Docks is open Thursday thru Sunday for the month of September

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

XCR-700 09-10-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 343351)
Town Docks is open Thursday thru Sunday for the month of September

Is this something new?

joey2665 09-10-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR-700 (Post 343355)
Is this something new?

On the marquee sign and website effective the day after Labor Day. They do this every year after Labor Day.

Dave R 09-10-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 343262)
Tuesday, my friend and I took his Cobalt for a nice ride. We left his place in Alton Bay and journeyed to Green Basin, then went into Lee's Mills (miss not being able to see the steamboats this year).

Next we went over to Center Harbor via the Long Island bridge. Stopped to check for eagles in the Hull / Blueberry Island area, and spotted one immature in a tree. After putting around Center Harbor area.

Then we headed to Meredith, hoping that the Town Docks were open, but unfortunately they were not.

So we headed to the Naswa, and had a nice lunch and a couple of drinks.

We left the Naz and did a putt putt down the shore line to the Spinnaker Cove area, and then headed back to Alton Bay via the G.I. bridge and Glendale.

We left at 9am and docked at 4pm. We both agreed you have to love the week after Labor Day.

Dave

I have done trips like that countless times. Always fun and beautiful. I hope you went to the LI bridge via Pistol Island, that's a neat spot to travel through.

XCR-700 09-10-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 343360)
On the marquee sign and website effective the day after Labor Day. They do this every year after Labor Day.

Are we talking about the regular public docks at the end of Meredith Bay???

I dont think I have ever seen the town docks closed. Is it just some rule/ordnance, or do they actually enforce it somehow?

So odd,,,

thinkxingu 09-10-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR-700 (Post 343362)
Are we talking about the regular public docks at the end of Meredith Bay???

I dont think I have ever seen the town docks closed. Is it just some rule/ordnance, or do they actually enforce it somehow?

So odd,,,

The restaurant, not the actual docks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 09-10-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 343361)
I have done trips like that countless times. Always fun and beautiful. I hope you went to the LI bridge via Pistol Island, that's a neat spot to travel through.

Every year, my family does the "Lake Tour" the week before school starts. We hit all/most of the landmarks we don't normally get to see since we like floating/sandbarring/visiting ports so much!

XCR-700 09-10-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 343363)
The restaurant, not the actual docks.

Now I'm confused, there is a restaurant at the town docks or called the town docks?

I know there is an ice cream stand past the end of the docks, but we were just there 2 weeks ago and I dont think I saw anything different.

Sorry, I think I need to do some research before I say something even more stupid :D

thinkxingu 09-10-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR-700 (Post 343381)
Now I'm confused, there is a restaurant at the town docks or called the town docks?

I know there is an ice cream stand past the end of the docks, but we were just there 2 weeks ago and I dont think I saw anything different.

Sorry, I think I need to do some research before I say something even more stupid :D

No worries. At the Meredith town docks is a restaurant and ice cream stand owned by Common Man called Town Docks.

XCR-700 09-10-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 343382)
No worries. At the Meredith town docks is a restaurant and ice cream stand owned by Common Man called Town Docks.

Well this could get confusing,,, Oh sorry, I guess it has.

Well glad thats resolved, I thought it seemed odd and I was just going to tell my wife we better not plan an early week trip up to Meredith,,,

Thanks for clearing that up!

So that said, what is the feedback on the town dock restaurant?

I usually like Giuseppe's

Thx

thinkxingu 09-10-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR-700 (Post 343385)
Well this could get confusing,,, Oh sorry, I guess it has.

Well glad thats resolved, I thought it seemed odd and I was just going to tell my wife we better not plan an early week trip up to Meredith,,,

Thanks for clearing that up!

So that said, what is the feedback on the town dock restaurant?

I usually like Giuseppe's

Thx

If you like criminally mediocre food, average drinks, and high prices, it's AMAZING.

In all seriousness, we've avoided it for about three years given a series of underwhelming experiences, but I went not long ago on a Friday with my jetski crew and I had the seafood platter which was very good.

The only thing that's kept me from going back since is timing and the wait. If I could get in without a wait, I'd definitely give it another go.

KPW 09-10-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR-700 (Post 343355)
Is this something new?

It happens every year around this time.

Juiced06GTO 09-10-2020 09:48 PM

We did call ahead pick up at Town Docks a few times this year and just ate on the boat at the docks to avoid the wait. The food was decent, nothing that really stood out though. I prefer making the walk over to Surfside Burger Bar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 343391)
If you like criminally mediocre food, average drinks, and high prices, it's AMAZING.

In all seriousness, we've avoided it for about three years given a series of underwhelming experiences, but I went not long ago on a Friday with my jetski crew and I had the seafood platter which was very good.

The only thing that's kept me from going back since is timing and the wait. If I could get in without a wait, I'd definitely give it another go.

upthesaukee 09-11-2020 06:57 AM

Nope

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 343361)

No, we were went by Chase Is in lieu of the Graveyard, then through the Six Pack.

Dave