Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Car Detailing (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14856)

winnipiseogee 09-23-2012 01:06 PM

Car Detailing

Can anyone recommend a good place to get my wife's car detailed? We are in Meredith but I'm happy to drive a bit if we can find a good place!

Little Bear 09-23-2012 03:19 PM

We used to use Prestige Auto in Gilford, but they closed their detailing shop and now only offer auto repairs. Since then we've used Cantin's Chevrolet in Laconia for detailing and have good luck with them.

Shreddy 09-23-2012 04:38 PM

Center Harbor

I would absolutely recommend the detail shop in Center Harbor. I'm not sure of the name, but it's on Rt 25 in the plaza with Dunkin Donuts. It is directly next to the car was and has it's own bay for detailing.

I hit a skunk last year (worst thing that can happen to your car btw), brought it to the gentleman who runs this place in Center Harbor on a Sunday and he turned it around within a few hours clean of the smell and immaculately detailed as well. Very reasonably priced as well!

Hermit Cover 09-23-2012 06:41 PM

Me, too....

I had two cars detailed at the Center Harbor Car Wash location. The outside, inside, and engine compartment were cleaned, and detailed and were finished like showroom new.....and a great price!

dragonfly03246 09-24-2012 07:04 AM

Holli's on Union Avenue

I would recommend Holli's Auto Shine in Laconia on Union Avenue. She did our daughter's car and did a fantastic job!! She's right across the street from the Irving station at the corner of Messer and Union Ave.

Her phone number is: 603-527-2546

She's also on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hollie...e/324733935099

corollaman 09-26-2012 12:58 AM

I'll do it for $100, wash, wax, and interior detailed.

corollaman 09-26-2012 01:00 AM

and I do a nice job, I do it on the side for extra income, I have been doing it for a while. If you want my number, let me know.

Little Bear 06-24-2014 12:28 PM

Found an incredible car detailer!

Rather than start a new thread, I did a search on the old threads and found this one. I was looking for a detailer to detail a couple of company vehicles I own, and saw this guy's truck parked at Sawyer's Dairy Bar in Gilford a couple of weeks ago: http://www.nhdetailpro.com/home This business is owned by a gentleman named Mark Rancourt.

He came right to my house yesterday and did the two vehicles. There were two guys that spent about 10 hours doing the two vehicles. I was absolutely speechless when I saw the quality of the work that they did. Both vehicles looked like the came right off of the showroom floor. They cleaned the interiors to like-new condition, and also washed and waxed the exteriors to a shine like I have never seen before. They were courteous, professional and even had uniforms on. These guys have been in business since 1993, and I can't believe that I've not seen or heard of them before now. They also do motorcycles and boats and are doing the detailing now for Fay's from what the owner said. I highly recommend them to anyone that wants their vehicle detailed like they have never seen before.

Happy Gourmand 06-24-2014 12:48 PM

Can you give us an idea of the cost?
Did they leave you with a "menu" of their services, especially an idea of deteiling a boat?

Little Bear 06-24-2014 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand (Post 227358)
Can you give us an idea of the cost?
Did they leave you with a "menu" of their services, especially an idea of deteiling a boat?

The trucks were $299 each, but we got a $50.00 discount for multi-vehicles. It was worth every cent. He said that his boat price was $24 or $25 per foot, which includes everything - exterior and interior. I have my boat detailed by Diamond Shine (another company that does top notch work), and it runs me $25.00 per foot. I have scanned and attached a copy of their brochure for you.

Lakemamma 06-24-2014 04:31 PM

We have used Extreme Clean car wash in Meredith across from Cumberland Farms. He does an amazing job. Also, if you go on NH Dollar Saver you can get a $40.00 gift card for $18.00 :)

fatlazyless 06-24-2014 05:16 PM

Brent's Auto Detailing, 176 Main St, Plymouth, NH ....just across from Plymouth Furniture in the red garage building that used to be a gas station.

603-481-0356

Costs either $99 or $150; the $150 service includes entire car; interior, exterior including compound rubbing the outside paint with electric buffers, trunk, door frames, engine area, and it all takes about four hours with two or three people working on the vehicle.

People who work at either Speare Hospital or Plymouth State College get a ten percent discount which in my opinion is not really fair for Speare. To be fair, employees at Speare Hospital should have to pay triple the going rate, or 450-dollars for a 150-dollar detail job ....and then have their personal complaints about the high price denied by a computerized voice on the phone ....just like the way that Speare charges for medical services.

Believe they do some pickup/drop-off service too, otherwise you can go hang out at the Plymouth Public Library, about one half mile away, and use their library computers; six computers are set up in six cubicles on a work-of-art library table-furniture designer work-working table created by inmates doing time at a NH state prison. Wow....what a home(?) made library table!

blacksheep 06-24-2014 06:27 PM

I second Brent's in Plymouth and, on the plus side, you can walk Main Street, get a great cup of coffee, and do a little window shopping while they clean your car. The Plymouth Auto Spa on Tenney Mt. Hwy, between the NH Electric Co-Op and Wal-Mart also does a fantastic detailing job.

Winnisquamguy 06-25-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonfly03246 (Post 191421)
I would recommend Holli's Auto Shine in Laconia on Union Avenue. She did our daughter's car and did a fantastic job!! She's right across the street from the Irving station at the corner of Messer and Union Ave.

Her phone number is: 603-527-2546

She's also on Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/Hollies-Auto-Shine/324733935099

I agree with Dragonfly nice work reasonable prices.

** Little Bear not sure how big your work trucks are or what kind of shape they were in but $299.00 is on the high side.

wickedtravelah 06-25-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermit Cover (Post 191404)
I had two cars detailed at the Center Harbor Car Wash location. The outside, inside, and engine compartment were cleaned, and detailed and were finished like showroom new.....and a great price!

I agree. The Center Harbor location does an outstanding job.

68 Whittier Hwy
Center Harbor, NH 03226

Little Bear 06-25-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy (Post 227458)
I agree with Dragonfly nice work reasonable prices.

** Little Bear not sure how big your work trucks are or what kind of shape they were in but $299.00 is on the high side.

One was a Hummer H2, the other a Toyota Tundra with cap. The interior of the Toyota was trashed, due to the fact that it got soaked with water on the transport truck back from Florida in May. (That's another story). As I previously stated, the job this guy did was worth every cent. I've had cars detailed by others in the area. They have come out good, but these came out incredible.

dpg 06-26-2014 06:16 AM

I'm not a fan of buffing it's extremely hard to not leave swirls..

Little Bear 06-26-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg (Post 227512)

Rancourt guarantees no swirl marks. He made good on his promise - there are zero swirls. I've also been driving the vehicles in the rain the last couple of days, and I cannot believe how the water is beading up. Again, a super duper job!

RLW 06-26-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg (Post 227512)

But it can be done if done properly..:)

Candodigger 06-28-2014 09:03 PM

New detailer

There is a new detailer in Gilford that does an awesome job.
Getty Shine LLC 707-0293 He made my 15 yr. old boat look like new ! far exceeded my expectations .

PaugusBayFireFighter 06-29-2014 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candodigger (Post 227713)
There is a new detailer in Gilford that does an awesome job.
Getty Shine LLC 707-0293 He made my 15 yr. old boat look like new ! far exceeded my expectations .

One of my boys works for Diamond Shine and recommended me to Getty Shine. I'll be having my bike and car done later this week and will report back. ;)

BroadHopper 06-29-2014 07:31 AM

Nano tech

The same nano technology that Diamond Shine uses on boats does wonders on my car! Absolutely looks like a buff job without the buffing and no swirl marks. Wicked easy to apply! https://www.eagleone.com/superior-nanowax-spray

ishoot308 06-29-2014 08:13 AM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter (Post 227717)
One of my boys works for Diamond Shine and recommended me to Getty Shine. I'll be having my bike and car done later this week and will report back. ;)

Please do! I too am looking for someone I can trust to detail my bike. I normally do it myself but lately what little extra time I have is spent doing other things. I am pretty critical when it comes to the bike so any feedback you can give would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan