Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Wildlife (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Male Downy Woodpecker (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20443)

Airedale1 04-11-2016 07:34 PM

Male Downy Woodpecker

We added a new feeder this week and this guy stopped by to check it out.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...pstqtayndu.jpg

donnamatrix 04-12-2016 02:35 PM

feeding the birds

1 Attachment(s)
Airedale: Is that a "squirrel buster" model? We have one and they are great. Right now, because the bears are awake and hungry, we only have clear plastic feeders attached to windows in our living/dining area - area is located above the garage, so bears cannot get to it. We had a bear tear out our suet cake holder and some wood from the front porch a couple weeks ago, and we had this guy on the front porch a couple years ago. Take the feeders in.... too dangerous right now, especially if you have a dog.

Airedale1 04-12-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamatrix (Post 260232)
Airedale: Is that a "squirrel buster" model? We have one and they are great. Right now, because the bears are awake and hungry, we only have clear plastic feeders attached to windows in our living/dining area - area is located above the garage, so bears cannot get to it. We had a bear tear out our suet cake holder and some wood from the front porch a couple weeks ago, and we had this guy on the front porch a couple years ago. Take the feeders in.... too dangerous right now, especially if you have a dog.

Yes it is. It's the Brome Squirrel Buster Classic and you are right, they are fantastic. I really got a great deal on it because that model retails for $60.00 and can be had for $50.00 on Amazon Prime. I was looking at feeders at Duncraft in Concord and they always have a rack of stuff that is marked down. Well, I saw an off brand feeder that had been marked down from $40.00 down to $20.00 and when I brought it inside to purchase it I looked longingly at the Squirrel Buster Classic which was $60.00 there. When I brought the off brand one up to the check out counter the women said, I noticed you checking out the Bromes, would you be interested in one that was just returned? Well, my eyes lit up and she sold me the Squirrel Buster Classic for $20.00.:D A customer had purchased it and she had trouble opening it to fill it. She had only had it for 3 days and returned it.

Also, I just ordered the Brome Squirrel Buster Plus from my friend Steve at the Wild Bird Depot here in Gilford. Steve sells the Buster Plus for $85.00 which is the best price I have found, it is a great feeder too.

We have never had a bear here, so my feeders are up year round.

Greene's Basin Girl 04-17-2016 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airedale1 (Post 260243)
Yes it is. It's the Brome Squirrel Buster Classic and you are right, they are fantastic. I really got a great deal on it because that model retails for $60.00 and can be had for $50.00 on Amazon Prime. I was looking at feeders at Duncraft in Concord and they always have a rack of stuff that is marked down. Well, I saw an off brand feeder that had been marked down from $40.00 down to $20.00 and when I brought it inside to purchase it I looked longingly at the Squirrel Buster Classic which was $60.00 there. When I brought the off brand one up to the check out counter the women said, I noticed you checking out the Bromes, would you be interested in one that was just returned? Well, my eyes lit up and she sold me the Squirrel Buster Classic for $20.00.:D A customer had purchased it and she had trouble opening it to fill it. She had only had it for 3 days and returned it.

Also, I just ordered the Brome Squirrel Buster Plus from my friend Steve at the Wild Bird Depot here in Gilford. Steve sells the Buster Plus for $85.00 which is the best price I have found, it is a great feeder too.

We have never had a bear here, so my feeders are up year round.

I have used the squirrel buster feeders for many years. Just make sure you get the cover on the feeder correctly or the squirrels will get in and damage it.