Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ....surprise, surprise, just one penny difference? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25188)

fatlazyless 11-23-2019 10:51 AM

....surprise, surprise, just one penny difference?

Surprise, surprise …… much to my surprise, in Meredith there's just a one penny difference for regular gasoline at the Meredith town docks Mobil-2.429/gal vs the Meredith Rt-25 Irving-2.419/gal.

It always seems like the Irving does big gas business while the Mobil does little gas business, but for one cent difference even a cheapie like me says it's better, all things considered, at the Meredith Mobil.

Besides the super pizza and subs, there's an atm inside that is exempt from the $3-fee for Meredith Village Savings accounts, plus a clean rest room with HOT water!

What's not to like at the Meredith Mobil!

Kamper 11-23-2019 12:38 PM

The better value is for the gasoline your engine is designed to use.

radioman 11-23-2019 12:47 PM

Meredith Mobil

FLL, you left something out, this store has been consistently a gem for the past years thanks to its manager PAT. A great manager, a great trainer with great standards, and a great customer service person. Yes the pizza and all the rest of food is always great. One of the towns best kept secrets.

fatlazyless 11-23-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamper (Post 323031)
The better value is for the gasoline your engine is designed to use.

Both Mobil and Irving are the highest quality gasoline for reg-med-high, and believe the town docks-Mobil has 93 octane high .... plus, it seemed like the Mobil pump actually pumped the gas, faster.

My car is a made in Japan econo-box with 155-hp and a 5-speed manual so it runs just fine on the lo-test.

185,000 miles, and still running on the 'riginal four spark plugs ...... :emb:- duh!

TiltonBB 11-23-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 323035)
185,000 miles, and still running on the 'riginal four spark plugs ...... :emb:- duh!

Good luck when you need to change them and they break off because they are frozen and rusted in place! duh!

fatlazyless 11-24-2019 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 323037)
Good luck when you need to change them and they break off because they are frozen and rusted in place! duh!

Once the septic freezes up, will be peddling my bicycle that long, cold ride, all across the frozen lake, into that Meredith town docks Mobil with its' excellent hot water, and bacon cheeseburger pizza … or a healthy banana … :banana:.

BroadHopper 11-24-2019 07:24 AM

Meridith Mobil

Top Tier gasoline at a great price! I check Gas Buddy often for premium fuel. Meredith Mobil usually come out on top!

And yes the store is awesome! Fresh coffee in the morning! (Never a Dunkin fan).

ApS 11-24-2019 08:56 AM

In My Case, Nine Pennies...

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 323024)
Surprise, surprise …… much to my surprise, in Meredith there's just a one penny difference for regular gasoline at the Meredith town docks Mobil-2.429/gal vs the Meredith Rt-25 Irving-2.419/gal. It always seems like the Irving does big gas business while the Mobil does little gas business, but for one cent difference even a cheapie like me says it's better, all things considered, at the Meredith Mobil. Besides the super pizza and subs, there's an atm inside that is exempt from the $3-fee for Meredith Village Savings accounts, plus a clean rest room with HOT water! What's not to like at the Meredith Mobil!

I figure the less-crowded gas station is the one where I'm less likely to get a dent—or worse!

Pennies for insurance! :coolsm:

TheProfessor 12-03-2019 11:44 AM

Ah . . . the old gasoline debate.

Go down to Chelsea, MA and view all of the big round tanks labeled Northeast Petroleum. Or down to Portsmouth, NH and view the tanks there.

And view all of the different brands of gasoline trucks load up at the same tanks.

Next time you view/see a gasoline delivery truck at your local favorite brand station - ask driver how he/she puts in all of the advertised additives that differentiate one gasoline from another.

Biggd 12-03-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProfessor (Post 323479)
Ah . . . the old gasoline debate.

Go down to Chelsea, MA and view all of the big round tanks labeled Northeast Petroleum. Or down to Portsmouth, NH and view the tanks there.

And view all of the different brands of gasoline trucks load up at the same tanks.

Next time you view/see a gasoline delivery truck at your local favorite brand station - ask driver how he/she puts in all of the advertised additives that differentiate one gasoline from another.

They are supposed to put the additives in when they fill up at a facility other than their own.
Whether they actually do or not is debatable. :rolleye1: