Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Thai Restaurants ? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9850)

bigdog 05-06-2010 07:18 AM

Thai Restaurants ?

Looking for Thai restaurants in the Lakes region..... Laconia, Gilford, Meredith, Tilton, Belmont, Wolfeboro areas specifically....

Also any Chinese buffets too !

Suggestions ???

Thanks,
BD

Overlake97 05-06-2010 07:45 AM

You're in luck: Lots of good Thai in this area.

Type "thai" into the Search field, click "show threads" then "GO." You'll get a list of threads about Thai restaurants in the area. Be aware that Chao Pr Ya (in Weirs Beach) is now closed (too bad, they were great), and Sala Thai, near Laconia High School, is now Lanna Thai. Also, if you venture to Concord, try Siam Orchid. I waited 8 years before trying this place; eight years of missed eating opportunities!

All the Thai restaurants are very good, and very similar menu-wise.

(By the way, if you're ever in Syracuse, NY, don't miss the Lemongrass, in the old/historical downtown district. Best Thai I've ever had. Expensive, but worth every penny!)

donnamatrix 05-06-2010 09:08 AM

Thai restaurants

There is a great Thai restaurant on Main St in Franklin (just down the road from teh stores in Tilton-don't recall the name. Also, another really good Thai place is located just behind the Tilt-N Diner (behind the gas station near the lights at interesection of 93). Excellent food. Always.

Chinese buffets around here are mediocre at best: There is one in Belmont at the Belknap Mill (more like a trough), and the one in Laconia on Route 106 just south of town-compared to Chinatown in Boston, they are all mediocre

Overlake97 05-06-2010 11:53 AM

Thai Restaurants continued...

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamatrix (Post 126405)
There is a great Thai restaurant on Main St in Franklin (just down the road from teh stores in Tilton-don't recall the name. Also, another really good Thai place is located just behind the Tilt-N Diner (behind the gas station near the lights at interesection of 93). Excellent food. Always.

Chinese buffets around here are mediocre at best: There is one in Belmont at the Belknap Mill (more like a trough), and the one in Laconia on Route 106 just south of town-compared to Chinatown in Boston, they are all mediocre

"More like a trough" That's funny. :laugh: Makes me want to go just for fun!

The Thai place in Tilton - behind the Tilt-N Diner and in the strip mall that also houses Dunkin Donuts - is called KRAYATIP. They appear on the search-generated thread suggested in my previous post, down near the bottom. One of the posts within that thread contains a menu, and it IS a very good Thai restaurant.

ApS 05-06-2010 12:31 PM

If you're ever thinking of a drive to Wolfeboro, try Wolfeboro's seasonal "East of Suez" restaurant. (Opening near the end of this month).

I'd call ahead to ask about a Thai food offering, as their already-varied Asian menu is subject to change. "Thai curry" is listed.

Number and email address HERE).

CrawfordCentury 05-06-2010 12:36 PM

The one across from the Rochester Foster's bureau downtown was named best thai in NH magazine. Wife doesn't eat Thai, so I haven't had a chance to get my noms on there.

Concord's Red Apple buffet in the Heights is the best buffet. Gotta love the all-u-can eat sushi, as well as the Chinese selections.

biggestblu 05-06-2010 02:04 PM

thai food

Try Lemon Grass, 64 Whittier HWY, Moultonborough, 603 253-8100 ... I go everytime I'm in the area ... crazy good !!!

Rattlesnake Gal 05-06-2010 02:25 PM

Krayatip in Tilton!

Krayatip in Tilton is absolutely wonderful! :liplick:

Krayatip Thai Cuisine website

Grady223 05-07-2010 11:05 AM

East of Suez

On 28 in Wolfeboro. Pacific rim food, including Thai. We go at least once each year - very good.