Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Issues (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Patriotic Duty (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21425)

Donzi Minx 11-07-2016 08:03 AM

Patriotic Duty

Without giving away my political beliefs, (the fact that I live to the right of Rush Limbaugh). I have had so much anxiety over this election that tons of Tagamet simply could not quell what has been churned internally over the last six months circus show. Vote your heart, but vote. It is our only active position to maintain "by the people".

I absolutely fear for the world my children will live in!

ITD 11-07-2016 08:44 AM

Don't forget, Republicans vote tomorrow November 8, Democrats vote Wednesday November 9.

8gv 11-07-2016 08:53 AM

I will vote on Tuesday.

My registration for voting was completed waaaay back during the primary season in which I voted.

Along with the forest worth of extra large political post cards I receieved this week two pieces of mail stood out.

They both said the same thing, one more bluntly, one less so.

The first listed off my "voting history" AND THAT OF MY NEIGHBORS, for the last several elections. The list claimed that it was also sent out to my neighbors and that they now "know" that I had not voted in the past few elections.

Clearly this is an attempt to shame me to vote on Tuesday.

First, let me divulge that I have voted in EVERY election since becoming eligible at age eighteen.

The #%€£%#'s that sent this out ASSUMED I was a resident and therefore a registered voter in the state of NH. I lived in another state.

I believe everyone who HAS the LEGAL right to vote should educate themselves on the issues and vote based on their best judgement.

But...it does not upset me if someone doesn't vote because they haven't come to an informed opinion of who deserves their vote.

So now I need to deal with the "shame" of my neighbors believing that I am a no show at the polls. As horrific as that seems, it gets worse!

The second mailer dealing with this was in the form of a report card. While a report card is something I have not received in decades, mine were generally excellent.

My "voting" report card rated me "very poor".

Of course this is inaccurate.

Here's my real (self tabulated) voting report card:

Attendance: PERFECT

Choices: A- (A deduction for my vote wasted on John Anderson)

Now I have to cope with the damage to my self esteem that the "very poor" rating has caused!

BUT WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Until these mailings arrived I was unaware that an individual's voting history is redily available. Apparently, it is. I wonder how much voter fraud occurs in using this information in states where proper I.D. is not required to cast a vote.

Consider this:

John Doe has a similarly "very poor" voting report card. Having not voted in the last three elections, he is likely to not vote in this one. To cast a vote in his name, a perpetrator would need only to show up, claim to be John Doe and claim to live at John Doe's address. That is an address that is also known by the issuers of my "report card". In the rare case that John Doe shows up to vote, he is told "sorry, no double voting" and is sent away.

Professer Avrich, of Accounting 101 fame started the first day of his class with this statement:

"Figures don't lie, but liars can figure."

It's going to get interesting folks!

Hillcountry 11-07-2016 09:24 AM

I vote up and down the deplorable, "wood booger" ticket.

webmaster 11-07-2016 10:26 AM

I want to thank everyone for not posting too much politics on this travel & tourism site. If only I could convince my Facebook friends to do the same! There were a few threads but mostly when a candidate visited the area. Not too bad.

To close out this election I'm curious how our site members and visitors are voting. Please take this unscientific and mostly meaningless poll:

<center><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.easypolls.net/ext/scripts/emPoll.js?p=58209b33e4b089fb1e3e64b7"></script><a class="OPP-powered-by" href="http://www.objectplanet.com/opinio/" style="text-decoration:none;"><div style="font: 9px arial; color: gray;">survey services</div></a></center>

Pineedles 11-07-2016 10:43 AM

Someone call Trump and tell him to concentrate on PA. Looks like NH is sewn up for him 86%, wow!:laugh:

Rusty 11-07-2016 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 271598)
Someone call Trump and tell him to concentrate on PA. Looks like NH is sewn up for him 86%, wow!:laugh:

It's rigged...:D

Kamper 11-07-2016 11:34 AM

I'm trying to have fun with it. My house phone usually goes to my fax but yesterday I picked it up and said...

ABC campaign headquarters, how may I help you today?

Response
Oh. I'm sorry. I from the XYZ campaign

me
That's okay. I'm voting P&Q myself.

and hung up

HellRaZoR004 11-07-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 271593)
I will vote on Tuesday.

My registration for voting was completed waaaay back during the primary season in which I voted.

Along with the forest worth of extra large political post cards I receieved this week two pieces of mail stood out.

They both said the same thing, one more bluntly, one less so.

The first listed off my "voting history" AND THAT OF MY NEIGHBORS, for the last several elections. The list claimed that it was also sent out to my neighbors and that they now "know" that I had not voted in the past few elections.

Clearly this is an attempt to shame me to vote on Tuesday.

First, let me divulge that I have voted in EVERY election since becoming eligible at age eighteen.

The #%€£%#'s that sent this out ASSUMED I was a resident and therefore a registered voter in the state of NH. I lived in another state.

I believe everyone who HAS the LEGAL right to vote should educate themselves on the issues and vote based on their best judgement.

But...it does not upset me if someone doesn't vote because they haven't come to an informed opinion of who deserves their vote.

So now I need to deal with the "shame" of my neighbors believing that I am a no show at the polls. As horrific as that seems, it gets worse!

The second mailer dealing with this was in the form of a report card. While a report card is something I have not received in decades, mine were generally excellent.

My "voting" report card rated me "very poor".

Of course this is inaccurate.

Here's my real (self tabulated) voting report card:

Attendance: PERFECT

Choices: A- (A deduction for my vote wasted on John Anderson)

Now I have to cope with the damage to my self esteem that the "very poor" rating has caused!

BUT WAIT A MINUTE!!!

Until these mailings arrived I was unaware that an individual's voting history is redily available. Apparently, it is. I wonder how much voter fraud occurs in using this information in states where proper I.D. is not required to cast a vote.

Consider this:

John Doe has a similarly "very poor" voting report card. Having not voted in the last three elections, he is likely to not vote in this one. To cast a vote in his name, a perpetrator would need only to show up, claim to be John Doe and claim to live at John Doe's address. That is an address that is also known by the issuers of my "report card". In the rare case that John Doe shows up to vote, he is told "sorry, no double voting" and is sent away.

Professer Avrich, of Accounting 101 fame started the first day of his class with this statement:

"Figures don't lie, but liars can figure."

It's going to get interesting folks!

I got the same thing, as did my wife. I too am curious how much fraud could come out of it.

My coworker has also been getting text messages from the Hillary campaign!

Descant 11-07-2016 01:26 PM

Poor record?

8qv:"Now I have to cope with the damage to my self esteem that the "very poor" rating has caused!"
I'm pleased to hear that all the other campaign info you've received has been the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

You don't have to worry about your John Doe double voting. He's dead.

noreast 11-07-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donzi Minx (Post 271589)
Without giving away my political beliefs, (the fact that I live to the right of Rush Limbaugh). I have had so much anxiety over this election that tons of Tagamet simply could not quell what has been churned internally over the last six months circus show. Vote your heart, but vote. It is our only active position to maintain "by the people".

I absolutely fear for the world my children will live in!

I also fear the world my children are living in, That's why I hope most people don't vote.

Phantom 11-07-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 271598)

Hold on Pineedles --- when I cast my vote the margin had dropped to only 63% ..... the silent MAJORITY seems to be balancing the table !! :)

Outdoorsman 11-07-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 (Post 271602)

My coworker has also been getting text messages from the Hillary campaign!

Isn't it ironic that when the National Do Not Call Registry was created that the politicians had the foresight to exclude political organizations, not-for-profit organizations and those conducting surveys to name a few.

I have received more unwanted phone calls on my cell phone over the last couple of months....

Doobs41378 11-07-2016 03:45 PM

I get text messages from Hillary as well, something along the lines of global warming can we count on your vote etc. They have my name wrong but have sent it 3 times.

HomeWood 11-07-2016 04:39 PM

I'm a registered Republican but have basically become an Independent after seeing how spineless the GOP has been over the last 8 years. They lost my confidence, if there was any. Trump is not a Republican, just like Bernie isn't a Democrat. They're just the parties they ran under. I am disgusted with Washington DC and I want to see it get ripped a new one. Trump was not my first pick (close second) but he is now! He was just here in Raleigh today. This election has been quite a ride and I'm looking forward to it ending. I'm hoping my beloved NH comes through with the RIGHT choice.

noreast 11-07-2016 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 271612)
Isn't it ironic that when the National Do Not Call Registry was created that the politicians had the foresight to exclude political organizations, not-for-profit organizations and those conducting surveys to name a few.

I have received more unwanted phone calls on my cell phone over the last couple of months....

In other words, Everyone I wanted the do not call registry to block. Excellent execution as usual.

noreast 11-07-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeWood (Post 271619)
I'm a registered Republican but have basically become an Independent after seeing how spineless the GOP has been over the last 8 years. They lost my confidence, if there was any. Trump is not a Republican, just like Bernie isn't a Democrat. They're just the parties they ran under. I am disgusted with Washington DC and I want to see it get ripped a new one. Trump was not my first pick (close second) but he is now! He was just here in Raleigh today. This election has been quite a ride and I'm looking forward to it ending. I'm hoping my beloved NH comes through with the RIGHT choice.

Thumbs up for your disdain for both party's. Welcome, Lets hope it's contagious.

fatlazyless 11-07-2016 06:28 PM

Mitt Romney, 3/12/47, is about seven months older than Hillary, 10/26/47, and about nine months younger than Donald, 6/14/46. If Mitt had run this year, it sure seems like he would have won it in a landslide.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-a-landslide/

and ........ a little drum roll here ...... and Mitt would have ...... ratta-tat-tat ..... brang....... eh.......make that ......brought...... the summer White House to Wolfeboro.

Instead, it may be eight years with President Hillary-45, from January 20, 2017 to January 20, 2025, when she will be age-77 ...... oh well!

ishoot308 11-07-2016 06:42 PM

Agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 271626)
Mitt Romney, 3/12/47, is about seven months older than Hillary,10/26/47, and about nine months younger than Donald, 6/14/46. If Mitt had run this year, it sure seems like he would have won it in a landslide.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Dan

Merrymeeting 11-07-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 271627)
Couldn't agree with you more!

Dan

WOW! Could be the first time I've agreed with a FLL post in years! :D

ITD 11-07-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 271628)
WOW! Could be the first time I've agreed with a FLL post in years! :D

Mitt would have been eaten alive by Hillary, Mitt should enjoy his retirement.

Acrossamerica 11-07-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 271626)
Mitt Romney, 3/12/47, is about seven months older than Hillary, 10/26/47, and about nine months younger than Donald, 6/14/46. If Mitt had run this year, it sure seems like he would have won it in a landslide.

!

Mitt would have won 4 years ago if he had run a real campaign instead of the wishy washy mess he tossed out there. It felt that he really did not want to win but since it was "his turn" he took it. Pitiful bunch the White shoe Republican establishment types are. Pray that Trump takes it and may I suggest that all Dems vote for Jill Stein if you need to have a woman president.

BroadHopper 11-07-2016 09:27 PM

After looking through this website.

http://www.factcheck.org/tag/preside...election-2016/

I finally convince myself to vote tomorrow. God willing................

fatlazyless 11-08-2016 03:45 AM

So, who will former president George W Bush-43 be voting for, today? That's a good question......... who, who, who is George voting today?

Who knows ..... but maybe, just like Kelly Ayotte .... he may write in Mike Pence?

Doobs41378 11-08-2016 05:36 AM

I think if Hillary ran against any other republican , the republican would have won in a landslide and if Trump had run against any other Democrat, the Democrat would have won in a landslide just because I feel most people are just voting the lesser of 2 evils here.

ApS 11-08-2016 07:16 AM

It is always darkest before The Don.

:)

Kamper 11-08-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 271650)
... I feel most people are just voting the lesser of 2 evils here.

For me, it's sad to know my favorite candidate is not likely to win but at least I can deny any blame for the troubles ahead.

ITD 11-08-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamper (Post 271658)
For me, it's sad to know my favorite candidate is not likely to win but at least I can deny any blame for the troubles ahead.

That's kind of how I feel, who in their right mind would vote for 4 more years of what's been going on?

SteveA 11-08-2016 10:02 AM

I voted but...

Frankly, IMHO, with almost 330 million people in this country, I'm disgusted that these two clowns are the best we could come up with!

It really is a "hold you nose" and vote election. SIGH..

codeman671 11-08-2016 10:03 AM

Lets face it, we are screwed either way. The difference is how....

ITD 11-08-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 271664)
Lets face it, we are screwed either way. The difference is how....

I'm not so sure I agree with you. But I do believe that people need to pay better attention to the actions of their elected officials. Many of these clowns say one thing to get elected and do the complete opposite once elected. Wiki leaks highlighted this for Hillary, but honestly, most of this is out there in the public domain without resorting to stealing emails from campaigns. You just need to pay attention and look. When I see a news report about a candidate that piques my interest, I look for video of the original statement or I'll try to read the actual document that is causing the sensation and find out what the subject actually did or said. These politicians, on both sides, feel they are untouchable because so many people rely on soundbites and entertainment shows for info instead of researching what concerns them. People also vote on promises rather than results. While you need to rely on promises for a first time candidate, after that the voters need to hold them to their promises by critically looking at the results of the candidates term. If the results don't match the intentions, throw them out, too much is at stake.

I think the news programs and papers have seriously hurt themselves this election cycle by trying to excessively influence this election rather than diligently just reporting what is going on, hopefully they will pay dearly by people just ignoring them, not buying news papers that do this and turning off the news programs that are biased. We shall see.

MeredithMan 11-08-2016 11:11 AM

Regardless of which one wins....

....I just hope that some whack job on either side doesn't do something really stupid like shootings, starting riots, etc. The fanatics on each side this election cycle are nuts. Same goes for the our international foes who might want to send a message of some sort.....I sure hope not.

Totally agree with one of the earlier posts that in our great nation, these two are the "best and brightest" that we could nominate? Are you freakin' kidding me??

When I first became eligible to vote, I asked my parents for advice. They said, "vote your conscience...vote for the person you think would be the best leader". I can honestly say that for the first time ever, I did not vote for one of the two major candidates; I wrote someone in, (a legit leader; not a cartoon character). Some may say that this was a wasted vote, but it was MY vote and I voted my conscience.

I sure hope we get through the coming days/weeks/months without incident.
:patriot::patriot:

Ms Molly McKever 11-08-2016 11:15 AM

Can't find him

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 271642)
http://www.factcheck.org/tag/preside...election-2016/

I finally convince myself to vote tomorrow. God willing................

Anyone know what happen to Scott Brown, did he move again ?

upthesaukee 11-08-2016 11:17 AM

One of the biggest problems facing voters in this day and age is the lack of unbiased news reporting. Radio, TV, papers, and magazines are, fit the most part biased toward one side of the aisle or the other. Couple that with "endorsements" from celebrities that I guess is supposed to instruct us on whom we are too vote. Give me the facts, let the candidates tell us what they stand for and what they will do if elected, and let the electorate make their own decisions.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

ITD 11-08-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Molly McKever (Post 271667)
Anyone know what happen to Scott Brown, did he move again ?

Still in Rye, NH, travels a lot though, you can follow him on facebook.

noreast 11-08-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 271666)
....I just hope that some whack job on either side doesn't do something really stupid like shootings, starting riots, etc. The fanatics on each side this election cycle are nuts. Same goes for the our international foes who might want to send a message of some sort.....I sure hope not.

Totally agree with one of the earlier posts that in our great nation, these two are the "best and brightest" that we could nominate? Are you freakin' kidding me??

When I first became eligible to vote, I asked my parents for advice. They said, "vote your conscience...vote for the person you think would be the best leader". I can honestly say that for the first time ever, I did not vote for one of the two major candidates; I wrote someone in, (a legit leader; not a cartoon character). Some may say that this was a wasted vote, but it was MY vote and I voted my conscience.

If Trump win's I fear It will be Hell in certain city's, fires, riots and anything else you can Imagine. I also think that Trump will have attempts on his life for sure. There is no wasted vote if you vote your conscience. Look at the poor republicans in Mass, If that's not a reason for individual voting (not by state) I don't know what would be.

ishoot308 11-08-2016 04:25 PM

30 Seconds Of Serenity

Here's 30 seconds of serenity to help everyone make it through this election night...and the next 4 years!

https://video.nest.com/clip/698a7be1...10bd6206bc.mp4

Dan

BrownstoneNorth 11-08-2016 05:07 PM

Thanks, lovely, and a couple of minutes backatcha

Marian Anderson's ever-uplifting "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands":

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MRGZrv0Hl6k

[In case anyone is somehow not familiar with Marian Anderson:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_Anderson ]

PS, this, too -- non-famous flight attendant's parting words on arriving at BWI airport from MHT, which drew big smiles and applause from the passengers: "Thank you for flying Southwest. And please remember to be nice to one another."

fatlazyless 11-08-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 271649)
So, who will former president George W Bush-43 be voting for, today? That's a good question......... who, who, who is George voting today?

Who knows ..... but maybe, just like Kelly Ayotte .... he may write in Mike Pence?

From today's Howie Carr radio show.......Howie mentioned that former president George W Bush-43 left his vote ballot choice for president blank, voting for no one.

Ditto that for Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker (R) who also blanked his ballot for president......according to Howie Carr.

I was very surprised by their personal choices to vote "no one" which seems highly unusual.

I was very pleased to cast my vote for Hillary, and am totally confident she will go on to become the greatest president in the history of the USA...... go Hillary go!

chasedawg 11-08-2016 08:09 PM

Mount Rushmore

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 271666)

We have been traveling across "America the Beautiful" visiting our most amazing National Parks. When I stood below the incredible Mount Rushmore and the history behind this significant monument I could not help but reflect what we have for our politicians and candidates today. I could not see any of them standing up to the leadership of that time in our great history.

At Mount Rushmore you will see George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. How did we ever get to where we are today? So sad. But only hope is for God to Bless America and to provide the loving grace and guiding light to bring guidance to the NEW President of United States of America.

8gv 11-08-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedawg (Post 271697)
We have been traveling across "America the Beautiful" visiting our most amazing National Parks. When I stood below the incredible Mount Rushmore and the history behind this significant monument I could not help but reflect what we have for our politicians and candidates today. I could not see any of them standing up to the leadership of that time in our great history.

At Mount Rushmore you will see George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. How did we ever get to where we are today? So sad. But only hope is for God to Bless America and to provide the loving grace and guiding light to bring guidance to the NEW President of United States of America.

The campaigns of the early presidents were rough, possibly rougher than this cycle. We remember them by their accomplishments while in office, not how they got there.

TiltonBB 11-08-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 271694)
I was very pleased to cast my vote for Hillary, and am totally confident she will go on to become the greatest president in the history of the USA...... go Hillary go!

Do you think the Clinton's will bring back the thousands of dollars in property they stole the last time they were in the White House?

http://www.weaselzippers.us/189180-d...bill-pardoned/

KPW 11-08-2016 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedawg (Post 271697)

I was thinking the same thing. We all bless America!

fatlazyless 11-09-2016 01:19 AM

Looks like the Trump train just rolled up a big huge win, and shook the world.....good grief! .....big surprise!.......holy smokes! ....... oh well .......that's the way the banana peels or something!

Here in NH.....the numbers just were on the CNN-tv with Hillary up by 47.7% to 47.2%....... 87% vote in ........so's maybe NH will still go with Hillary and she will win the NH battle, while losing the war to the Donald.

It's all over ..... the fat lady has sung!

Acrossamerica 11-09-2016 03:14 AM

To Quote a wonderful comedian "How Sweet It Is!!"

Donzi Minx 11-09-2016 07:05 AM

Patriotic Duty

Without being too glib.........

Just like the lyrics by the Who:

"We don't get fooled again"

noreast 11-09-2016 10:24 AM

I owe all of you Trumpies a big apology, I mocked you when you said he had a chance. Watching the faces of the talking heads was like watching the Seahawks fans when butler picked off that ball in the endzone, Great to watch!

Rusty 11-09-2016 12:40 PM

The concession and congratulation speeches are so phoney.

Pineedles 11-09-2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 271725)

I disagree. I listened to both Trump and Clinton ( believe you meant acceptance rather than congratulations) and thought that they were both heartfelt and meaningful for the audience they were intended for.

Rusty 11-09-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 271726)
I disagree. I listened to both Trump and Clinton ( believe you meant acceptance rather than congratulations) and thought that they were both heartfelt and meaningful for the audience they were intended for.

Please don't tell me what I meant...I meant exactly what I said.

pondguy 11-09-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 271596)
I want to thank everyone for not posting too much politics on this travel & tourism site. If only I could convince my Facebook friends to do the same! There were a few threads but mostly when a candidate visited the area. Not too bad.

To close out this election I'm curious how our site members and visitors are voting. Please take this unscientific and mostly meaningless poll:

<center><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.easypolls.net/ext/scripts/emPoll.js?p=58209b33e4b089fb1e3e64b7"></script><a class="OPP-powered-by" href="http://www.objectplanet.com/opinio/" style="text-decoration:none;"><div style="font: 9px arial; color: gray;">survey services</div></a></center>

nuff said :):)

Greene's Basin Girl 11-09-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 271727)

Wow! i guess you are having a really tough day.

tis 11-09-2016 04:33 PM

Our poll on here was more accurate than most of the others. Maybe they should hire us next time. :laugh:

secondcurve 11-09-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 271727)

Mr. Diplomat: Don't worry you'll have another chance in 4-years.

Hillcountry 11-09-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 271725)

Everything about the clintons was (and still is) phony and corrupt.
May they go into a hole and disappear forever.
I fear that may be wishful thinking, however...

Descant 11-09-2016 08:20 PM

Inappropriate

I would suggest that this thread has nothing to do with the intent of the Winnipesaukee forum and it should just go away or be removed by the webmaster.

HellRaZoR004 11-09-2016 09:33 PM

Patriotic Duty

It started out great and was aimed at getting those that frequent the site and lake out to vote. It didn't hurt..

The results of the election will most definitely affect us all in one way or another, some more than others. You're probably right, this thread ran its course...but overall I thought for the most part everyone stayed well behaved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffatsquam 11-09-2016 09:44 PM

JOB Losses have begun

Thousands laid off permanently in the Polling field due to no longer needed at these performance levels.

Retraining as Meteorologist has been offered.

Just thought I'd try to end this with a little humor.

fatlazyless 11-10-2016 05:10 AM

Looks like Trump may actually have had a "coat tails" effect here in New Hampshire. How to quantify that? Well ...... the tall.....5'10" ..... very attractive....and very athletic.... very well spoken.....very knowlegeable....Senator Kelly Ayotte just barely, by a tiny number got beat by Gov Maggie Hassan....while Chris Sununu beat Colin Van Ostern by a couple percentage points

Kelly Ayotte's presence will definitely be missed in the US Senate.....especially by all the fellow Republican male senators........ she was very well liked......so, goooood-bye Kelly........ and boo-hoo! Did I vote for Kelly......no? I voted for Maggie Hassan.....but it's a big stunner that Kelly is out.....which did not happen until all the votes were counted the day after.

Sen Ayotte had announced she would be writing in Mike Pence, while Chris Sununu stuck with the Donald......and that is somewhat telling for the Trump coat tails effect here in NH.

ApS 11-10-2016 05:26 AM

No Surprise for The Informed...

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 271668)
One of the biggest problems facing voters in this day and age is the lack of unbiased news reporting.

Such is so. :(

I'd hear words from a speech, then read or hear a "journalist's" account. If there wasn't a difference between the two, the inflection changed it entirely. :eek2:

Thank the Internet (and especially, social media) for the outcome on Wednesday. :cool:

Hillcountry 11-10-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 271744)
Looks like Trump may actually have had a "coat tails" effect here in New Hampshire. How to quantify that? Well ...... the tall.....5'10" ..... very attractive....and very athletic.... very well spoken.....very knowlegeable....Senator Kelly Ayotte just barely, by a tiny number got beat by Gov Maggie Hassan....while Chris Sununu beat Colin Van Ostern by a couple percentage points

Kelly Ayotte's presence will definitely be missed in the US Senate.....especially by all the fellow Republican male senators........ she was very well liked......so, goooood-bye Kelly........ and boo-hoo! Did I vote for Kelly......no? I voted for Maggie Hassan.....but it's a big stunner that Kelly is out.....which did not happen until all the votes were counted the day after.

Sen Ayotte had announced she would be writing in Mike Pence, while Chris Sununu stuck with the Donald......and that is somewhat telling for the Trump coat tails effect here in NH.

Congrats on at least, getting your senate candidate in...Kelly Ayotte showed her true colors when she scrambled to distance herself (to save her own seat) from Trump after the "locker room" tape. Bad move on her part...

ITD 11-10-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 271748)
Congrats on at least, getting your senate candidate in...Kelly Ayotte showed her true colors when she scrambled to distance herself (to save her own seat) from Trump after the "locker room" tape. Bad move on her part...

I liked Kelly, but I didn't like her politics, she was caught up in this middle of the road, get along horse manure and I think it cost her the election. At least you know what you are getting with Hassan, hopefully she will only last one term.

MeredithMan 11-10-2016 09:38 AM

Pitiful....

My son's High School is offering counseling yesterday and today for students and teachers who are upset about the election results. I can barely type this without laughing.... Would there have been counseling if Hill had won?? I think not.

ishoot308 11-10-2016 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 271750)
My son's High School is offering counseling yesterday and today for students and teachers who are upset about the election results. I can barely type this without laughing.... Would there have been counseling if Hill had won?? I think not.

Or how about the aggressive demonstrations (politically correct for rioting) going on in many cities. Remember all those conservatives rioting when Obama took office...me neither.

Dan

SIKSUKR 11-10-2016 11:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 271751)
Or how about the aggressive demonstrations (politically correct for rioting) going on in many cities. Remember all those conservatives rioting when Obama took office...me neither.
Dan

Can you imagine if Republicans had hung Hillary like this? The media frenzy would be so loud and it would have created rioting for sure. I'll bet most of these people protesting didn't even vote. Which party is the intolerant one? Its very clear.

Major 11-10-2016 11:44 AM

Predictable

I am not surprised by the riots and public displays of disrespect. I've read many, many articles saying how liberals are "terrified" and "disgusted" by the election results. Safe spaces and counseling provided for students at college! Are you kidding me? Well, as a conservative, don't think for a second that I wasn't equally "disgusted" and "terrified" by Obama's election. I was worried about respect for the Constitution, the status of our standing in the world, foreign policy, maintaining our military, socialized medicine, to name a few. (Most of my worries came to fruition.) However, I'm an adult, and I need to work for a living. I don't have the luxury of protesting when I don't get my own way. Also, I respect our Constitution and the electoral process, even when it doesn't go my way. We are teaching our children to be petulant when they don't get their own way. This needs to change.

Donzi Minx 11-10-2016 12:15 PM

Patriotic Duty

Sorry Don.
I had no idea this would turn mushroom cloud explosive.

Choppy at the Lake today?!!!

noreast 11-10-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 271744)

The DNC stole Bernie's drubbing of Hillary in the primary then poured millions into NH to oust Kelly and we gave them exactly what they wanted. It's a disgrace that we threw out an honest, Independent, fiscal conservative. NH is all done as an independent state.

TCC 11-10-2016 02:28 PM

Which party's supporters are massively intolerant? Grossly immature? Prone to violence and destruction? It doesn't require a doctorate to figure that out. :rolleye2:

Puck 11-10-2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCC (Post 271760)
Which party's supporters are massively intolerant? Grossly immature? Prone to violence and destruction? It doesn't require a doctorate to figure that out. :rolleye2:

The fringe elements of both.

rsmlp 11-10-2016 04:36 PM

"progressives"

Are always tolerant when you agree with them but when you don't? Not so much. Is that "progressive"?

Puck 11-10-2016 04:46 PM

No it's hypocrisy. But hypocrites exist on both sides. They just have different labels.

Rusty 11-10-2016 05:35 PM

Trump's first executive order will be that everyone in his cabinet dye their hair orange.

webmaster 11-10-2016 05:46 PM

This seems like a good time to close this thread and move on from the election, at least on this forum. Thanks everybody.