Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Outdoor Recreation (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rafting Areas (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21196)

jetlag100 09-03-2016 04:30 PM

Rafting Areas

I get that people don't want to drive around in their boats all day long, and would like to stop for a breather, a swim...but...I get this sinking feeling that the rafting areas, are turning to waste...you can't tell me, that everyone that rafts at the local rafting areas, are using "potty" facilities...it makes me wonder...I for one, wouldn't want to swim where they're all rafting..how fast can the lake process human waste?

upthesaukee 09-04-2016 09:33 PM

My wife and I don't really enjoy standing around at the various sand bars, for a variety of reasons. To that end, we will usually anchor in an area with 15-20 ft or more. We will sit on blow-up swimming pool chairs or just on noodles, depending on how long we are going to hang out. We always have lines tied to the boat for us to hold onto so that we don't get separated from the boat. We also do the same thing in the Broads if it's calm enough. Something neat about floating around on a noodle in a hundred feet or more depth. To directly answer your question : who knows! Just realize that when beaches get closed down for e-coli contamination, they often open the next day.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

tis 09-05-2016 06:27 AM

You are absolutely right, Jet! We have seen it first hand!

BroadHopper 09-05-2016 06:58 AM

Not a weekend warrior

Gave up along time ago. Use to enjoy weekends on the lake. Now its a gigantic combat zone!

Sandbars a more civilized during the week. After Labor Day the water is wicked warm and the NRZ zones are empty! Perfect!

It is too bad civilized folks can't use the lake on weekends. :(

Orion 09-05-2016 08:27 AM

no problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlag100 (Post 268684)
...I for one, wouldn't want to swim where they're all rafting..how fast can the lake process human waste?

The waste goes out on the next outgoing tide.;)

jetlag100 09-05-2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 268762)
The waste goes out on the next outgoing tide.;)

LOL we wish

jetlag100 09-05-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlag100 (Post 268783)
LOL we wish

W should put those tablets in Braun Bay that make the water turn color when they pee in it! I bet that would make them think! (maybe

Outdoorsman 09-07-2016 09:37 AM

Maybe the state should be treating these sand bars with chlorine.

Hillcountry 09-07-2016 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetlag100 (Post 268684)
I get that people don't want to drive around in their boats all day long, and would like to stop for a breather, a swim...but...I get this sinking feeling that the rafting areas, are turning to waste...you can't tell me, that everyone that rafts at the local rafting areas, are using "potty" facilities...it makes me wonder...I for one, wouldn't want to swim where they're all rafting..how fast can the lake process human waste?

You got me thinking...man, that's alotta pee!
Especially with everyone with a beer or other libation in hand, you can imagine over several hours how much is being "introduced"

tis 09-08-2016 06:45 AM

Maybe the state should be testing the rafting areas? If the beaches are contaminated, think what that many people must be doing!

ApS 09-09-2016 04:49 AM

Now, Carry Beach...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 268997)
You got me thinking...man, that's alotta pee!
Especially with everyone with a beer or other libation in hand, you can imagine over several hours how much is being "introduced"

• That can include a lot of iced tea! :rolleye2:

• Looking for something else, I was surprised yesterday to read at the Wolfeboro Police Log, that Carry Beach was closed to swimming on July 29th. :confused:

(Must have missed that memo). ;)

https://www.facebook.com/WolfeboroNhPoliceDepartment/

The sandy area extending outside the Carry Beach swim lines was just this year occupied by rafters for the first time. :eek2:

Caught between swim lines and a shallow rocky area, the presence of only a few rafted boats effectively blocks water access to a private home. :mad:

HellRaZoR004 09-09-2016 09:01 AM

Hmm, Carry Beach sounds like a great place to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk