Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Transmission Repair Shop (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24716)

CL 240 LS 07-15-2019 05:28 AM

Transmission Repair Shop

Any recommendations for transmission repairs in the lakes region or nearby?
Slipping and hard shifting in a Tahoe.

fatlazyless 07-15-2019 08:21 AM

..... honk, honk, better take it to www.aamcoconcordnh.com ..... shoulda got that Tahoe with the 5-speed stick, manual?

Check out the free $85 multi-point transmission inspection coupon ...... plus a free cup of coffee?

robmac 07-15-2019 08:32 AM

I would check the price on a GM certified trans

TheProfessor 07-16-2019 05:57 PM

There are rebuilt automatic transmissions and
there are remanufactured automatic transmissions.
and of course used automatic transmissions.
What's the difference?

Unfortunately some don't change their automatic transmission fluids as per manual. And some manuals stop at 100,000 miles and leave it up to you. And then there is "lifetime" automatic fluids. Whose lifetime? Yours? The dogs? The vehicle?

CL 240 LS 07-16-2019 06:24 PM

What are the differences between rebuilt, remanufactured and GM certified?
Does any shop rebuild or repair anymore?

robmac 07-17-2019 04:14 AM

Rebuilt they replace failed components,reman they normally replace all wear and tear components,GM certified all parts except the case and carries a warranty good at any GM dealer.As for does anyone rebuild any more,rarely.The cost of labor is high,you have the pullers and installers then you need a rebuilder which isn't cheap. American Driveline(aamco) opened a facility to rebuild and it's franchisees purchase from them.Hope that helps

iw8surf 07-17-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robmac (Post 315484)
Rebuilt they replace failed components,reman they normally replace all wear and tear components,GM certified all parts except the case and carries a warranty good at any GM dealer.As for does anyone rebuild any more,rarely.The cost of labor is high,you have the pullers and installers then you need a rebuilder which isn't cheap. American Driveline(aamco) opened a facility to rebuild and it's franchisees purchase from them.Hope that helps

Not really a help to you in the Lakes Region but if you're looking to bounce prices off another mechanic my dad owns a transmission shop in MA. Business has been replacing and rebuilding transmissions since the 50's. Could point you in the right direction or at least tell you if you're getting screwed or not.

Paul @ Hydramatic Sales & Service Dedham MA- 781-326-8150

ishoot308 07-17-2019 07:41 AM

Russell Auto

If Manchester is within your range, I would highly recommend Russell Automotive. http://www.russellautoinc.com/default.aspx

I have been taking my company vehicles there for years and have always been treated right. They will give you options and make recommendations based on your price point and vehicle condition.

Good luck!

Dan

JADAQ 08-04-2019 07:33 AM

Wayne’s transmission in Alton on Main Street, right across from TD bank. Best around

Just Sold 08-04-2019 06:01 PM

Trans-Medic in Windham, NH is excellent. He has serviced my cars for many years and helped me save a trans with shifting issues after a dealer changed the fluid.

Top-Water 08-04-2019 08:01 PM

A Seconds for Trans-Medic in Windham, NH. Many years ago I learned about this place. Had a problem within a few days after the repair, with some noise brought it right in and with no bs stories they admitted they made a mistake and completely rebuilt it again with no sob story.

Was completely satisfied.

AltonGuy 08-07-2019 07:58 PM

Wayne's in Alton is good as already mentioned, but he can get a little backed up. I was very impressed with input from Tri City Transmission in Rochester recently. They know their stuff and really take the time to explain things as well as options. Their number is 603-332-8400. I have no affiliation. Just passing along the name based on my good experiences. Good luck!

Sent from my LGLS755 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

BroadHopper 08-08-2019 07:52 AM

GM transmission

Buddy of mine bought a new loaded Canyon. Had problems with tranny since day one. After a number of separate days in the shop, (practicularly rebuilt the damn transmission) it is still slipping and shifting erratically!

After several phone calls with GM as well as the dealer he got his money back. He bought a different brand.

What's odd is that the dealer replace the Canyon's transmission with a new factory transmission and sold it to another customer. They should have done that in the first place!

dpg 08-09-2019 06:01 AM

Quick... Trade the vehicle in for a Honda or Toyota. ;)