Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Myrna's Classic Cuisine (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19726)

jetskier 08-22-2015 06:52 PM

Myrna's Classic Cuisine

I don't think that most folks know about this restaurant. It opened recently at 131 Lake Street (Paugus Bay Plaza) across from the Margate. We just found out about it.

The restaurant is a bit nondescript from the road, so you really need to know it is there. The staff and ownership are from the original Nadia's restaurant (long timers will remember this restaurant). Inside, Myrna's is cozy and welcoming.

We went to Myrna's for dinner tonight and it was great. They had a lobster/shrimp ravioli special that was amazing. The deserts are home made and decadent. The service was attentive but not overbearing.

We will certainly be back.

Jetskier:cool:

mcdude 08-23-2015 07:37 AM

see web page and menu here http://myrnascc.com/

Slickcraft 08-23-2015 07:12 PM

jetskier, did they have any draft beer (well other than the usual Bud and Coors stuff)?
Sent an email to the address on the web site asking but it got returned "unknown host".

jetskier 08-23-2015 11:20 PM

Not sure

Hi Slickcraft,

I didn't notice; I ordered a glass of wine.

Jetskier:cool:

wynndog 08-24-2015 06:39 AM

ravioli

Well the lobster ravioli sounded good, but I don't see it on their web page??

Winnigirl83 08-24-2015 07:45 AM

Draft Beer

I know they have a 603 and Stella. Not sure what else they have. Pretty sure they have a couple others.

BroadHopper 08-24-2015 08:33 AM

Stopped in Sunday afternoon

Refreshing change from all the hectic tourist traps!!

Quiet atmosphere, attentive wait staff and Yes! Winni Ale on tap!

The Caprese salad had fresh local tomatoes and fresh herbs! A delightful treat.

Ms, settled for comfort food, prime rib meatloaf seared on a grill before serving! Although they don't have smashed potatoes, there was generous portions of baked potatoes along with broccoli. the broccoli was cooked to just this side of crisp! Two huge portion of meatloaves complete the dish.

Overall we were very satisfied with atmosphere, service, and food at a great value.

We enjoyed talking to two 'recycled teenagers' that pulled up in a 1928 Model A convertible with a rumble seat! C'est la vie!

jetskier 08-24-2015 11:52 AM

Special

Quote:

Originally Posted by wynndog (Post 250615)
Well the lobster ravioli sounded good, but I don't see it on their web page??

The lobster & shrimp ravioli was a special.

Old Hubbard Rd 08-31-2015 06:55 PM

Sat PM visit

We headed toward Meredith for dinner this past Sat PM. Everything was packed so we headed toward the Weirs. We remembered being told about a new place opening at Paugus Bay. We checked it out. The exterior is not very attractive. The interior was also just ok. It sort of smelled like mildew when we walked in and we wondered if we maybe made a mistake. The food was really good! Prices we reasonable! The staff did a nice job! The owner was AWESOME!

mcdude 09-17-2015 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Myrna's from Laconia Daily sun 9/17

mcdude 09-17-2015 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
continued..........

SIKSUKR 09-17-2015 12:54 PM

Good to know where that is. I'll be going for her veal saltimbocca which was fantastic at Nadia's.

mcdude 09-18-2015 11:05 AM

I'm thinking you maybe should call first and inquire.....I don't see ANY veal dishes on the menu.

SIKSUKR 09-18-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 251790)
I'm thinking you maybe should call first and inquire.....I don't see ANY veal dishes on the menu.

If she doesnt offer any I would easily find something else but I read in that article you posted that there will be saltimbocca dishes.

Slickcraft 11-26-2017 12:36 PM

We tried Myrna's last evening and are glad that we gave it a try. To answer my earlier question, as some others have, they to have a few taps of draft beer. I had Tuckerman's IPA and my wife had Smuttynose Pumpkin ale.

The staff is still the group form Nadia's and is a very friendly bunch.

My wife had Ravioli alla Nadia with shrimp (a special) and I had Chicken Parmigiana. Both were very good and we each had some left over for lunch today.

As the OP noted, it is hard to see that there is a restaurant there from the road. They are in the process of getting better signage.

Overall very good food at a reasonable price and very nice staff. And a change from other local offerings. I just don't know why it took us 2 years to give it a try.

Current menu: http://myrnascc.com/menu-1/

Jeanzb1 11-28-2017 06:52 AM

We have been going to Myrna's for a good year now and have never been disappointed. One of my favorites is the veggie lasagna (lots of melted mozzarella!) with a side of meatballs. Closed on Sunday and Monday. A hidden gem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Jeanzb1 12-01-2017 03:15 PM

Went to Myrna's last night with another couple and two of us had the special, Ravioli a la Nadia, which is fantastic homemade cheese ravioli in a to-die-for sherry cream sauce topped with whole shrimp and basil. One of my favorite meals EVER!!!!! [emoji13][emoji176]

Outdoorsman 12-01-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 (Post 288122)
We have been going to Myrna's for a good year now and have never been disappointed. One of my favorites is the veggie lasagna (lots of melted mozzarella!) with a side of meatballs. Closed on Sunday and Monday. A hidden gem!!

Irony at its best

Joby 08-16-2018 10:01 AM

Fantastic

Five of us went to Myrna's last evening. We had a wonderful time. Everything was fantastic. Thank you Myrna's

WinnisquamZ 08-16-2018 11:10 AM

Also ate there early evening. Our first time. Meals were terrific

WINNOCTURN 08-16-2018 04:07 PM

Menu????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joby (Post 300306)
Five of us went to Myrna's last evening. We had a wonderful time. Everything was fantastic. Thank you Myrna's

Went online for Their Menu? Could not find one???

I am looking for some really good Veal Marcella!

Best used to be at Karen and Barrie's in Meredith. Unfortunately they closed sometime ago.

Barry went on to cook at NOLANs.

First thing you want to see on the Menu is Veal MEDALLIONS. Not a SLAB of veal!

Fratello's does the Medallions and has a very good Marcella Sauce.

I.C.Isles 08-16-2018 07:36 PM

Maybe we went the wrong night. Place was pretty empty. Took us 1/2 hour to get glass of water. 2 hours for food. Food was good but service is lacking.

Slickcraft 07-29-2022 06:11 AM

We had not been to Myrna's in a while, went last evening. I had the chicken parm and J had the ravioli Nadia. Both were delicious!!

https://myrnascc.com/menu

Alan

retired 07-29-2022 10:20 AM

not crowded

When we go out to dinner in the summer and can't get into any restaurant without waiting an hour to eat in a crowded noisy dining room, we always go to Myrnas to enjoy a quiet delicious dinner with happy attentive wait staff.

Slickcraft 07-29-2022 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired (Post 373981)
When we go out to dinner in the summer and can't get into any restaurant without waiting an hour to eat in a crowded noisy dining room, we always go to Myrnas to enjoy a quiet delicious dinner with happy attentive wait staff.

That was our exact experience.

Alan

WinnisquamZ 07-29-2022 11:17 AM

Good to read these positive reviews for Myrna’s. Difficult to find if you aren’t looking. Just don’t see myself eating Italian during the heat of summer

ishoot308 07-29-2022 11:52 AM

Been to Myrna’s a few times…always a good experience all around! Open year round too!

Dan