Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   ... totally frost free October! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25132)

fatlazyless 10-31-2019 06:32 AM

... totally frost free October!

Well there ...... or maybe ..... well here ..... it sure enuf looks to be that October has been a totally frost free month heyah in the lakes region. No hard freeze ...... no soft freeze ..... no medium freeze ..... no nothing freeze ..... there was just one early morning at the start of the month when it got down to about 34, but it never got low enuf here to make even the most tropical plants get froze.

And yesterday, Oct 30 ...... had it at about 60-64 degrees and cloudy/humid ..... at 2-pm.

Back on November 1, 2011, which was the very first year the Team Sununu owned the Waterville Valley ski area, I recall how the snow making guns got turned on, on that Nov 1 night, ran all night till the temps rose above 32 at 'bout 10-am ..... only to have it all get washed away a few days later. Well ..... there's no knowing what this November will bring ...... so stay tuned? ...... or stay ready with that windshield ice scraper ..... or something!

Yesterday afternoon, while doing yard work ...... noticed about five motor boats out on the lake, plus a couple construction barges ..... so there's still some boat'n ... out there.

loonguy 10-31-2019 08:34 AM

Sunday, October 20, we saw frost in Moultonborough and there was a frost delay for starting times at Laconia Country Club.

upthesaukee 10-31-2019 08:39 AM

Yup

Frost on the ground Sunday October 20th.

No hard freeze. Yet!;)

Wifi-1 10-31-2019 08:41 AM

Same here, in a different part of M'boro

Don't yah know.......

BroadHopper 10-31-2019 08:48 AM

Sunday Oct 20

Frost on the ground here on Lake Winnisquam.

Biggd 10-31-2019 12:41 PM

If I remember correctly last November got really cold, more like January weather.

BroadHopper 11-01-2019 07:25 AM

Yes, last year was wicked cold fall. Many of the ski areas opened early with the exception of Gunstock. I believe Breton Woods was open for Halloween.

Biggd 11-04-2019 12:01 PM

First snow coming this week? :eek:

LIforrelaxin 11-04-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 322332)
First snow coming this week? :eek:

Be quite, I am trying to tell myself I am just hearing things... Although to be safe I took the water out of the camp on Sunday....

fatlazyless 11-05-2019 07:40 AM

Looks like Wednesday, Nov 6, early in the morning, sometime between midnight and 8-am, will be the first frozen pipe-heat alert with 28-degrees predicted for my little cottage down on Meredith neck.

It seems that porcelain toilets are usually the first to get ice-cracked, when the first cold temps show up.