Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pitch (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18463)

Greene's Basin Girl 11-14-2014 10:52 AM

Pitch

Does anyone have a good method for removing pitch off a car?

BroadHopper 11-14-2014 10:57 AM

Wd-40

Spray a little on the pitch, let it soak for a few minutes and wipe it off!

Unless the pitch have hardened under the direct sun, this is a safe method.

Highlander 11-14-2014 10:57 AM

Rubbing alcohol on a rag and rub very gently in a rotational direction:coolsm:

DickR 11-14-2014 11:03 AM

There was a recent thread on the general subject:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...hand+sanitizer

I don't know if a car's finish would be different from boat cover, though. Perhaps you first should try whatever you use on a normally hidden part of the paint surface, like inside a door frame.

gtxrider 11-14-2014 06:09 PM

Liquid Luster

I use a product called Liquid Luster it removes sap, tar and oil and it leaves a shine and is wax. Other methods remove wax from the surface. It looks like pepto bismol. I first found it at car shows but now I need to order it on line. Works great on the SeaDoo to!

ronc4424 11-14-2014 07:08 PM

I use Goo Gone.....sold every where

How to Remove Tree Sap
REMOVE TREE SAP FROM FIBERGLASS, GLASS, LAMINATE, METAL, PAINTED WOOD, PLASTIC, VARNISHED WOOD, VINYL, WINDOWS, BRICK, CERAMIC, COUNTEROPS, FLOORING, GRANITE, MARBLE, STONE, TILE OR WOOD:
Pretest on an inconspicuous area
Apply Goo Gone
Wait 1-3 minutes
Wipe to remove
Reapply as needed
Wipe off and clean area with soap and water
Use caution not to scratch the surface if a scraping tool is used
Note: Use Goo Gone on non-porous surfaces only. It is safe to use Goo Gone on porous surfaces such as marble, granite, ceramic, concrete and brick only if they are sealed. If a water droplet beads on the surface, that would indicate the surface is sealed and it is safe to use cleaning products like Goo Gone on that surface without it soaking in.

Sal 11-14-2014 08:09 PM

With a name like "Sal", you KNOW that I recommend olive oil.
Put a drop or two on the offending spot. Let it sit a minute or two, then rub it away.

tummyman 11-14-2014 10:32 PM

Use a little butter....rub it on and the pitch will come right off. Great when you get pitch on your hands, etc. Just a little butter and it is gone.

ghfromaltonbay 11-15-2014 01:16 PM

Vegetable oil

Any type of vegetable oil (corn, canola, etc.) also works, and with the price of butter lately, a cheaper alternative.

glennsteely 11-15-2014 04:52 PM

All good advice.....somewhat.

I was in the car detail business for years, and automotive finishes are somewhat touchy, all of those suggestions will work, but i cant promise good end results, after strong sun, salt and acid rain have their way with the finish after treating them with those things......several manufacturers Make automotive clay, this clay is re-usable and i would suggest everyone own a hunk. You simply use a bug and tar remover, made for auto finishes with this clay to pick up anything on the surface of the car, without harming the finish.......just a suggestion.

Greene's Basin Girl 11-15-2014 06:48 PM

Thanks everyone for your ideas! I will let you know if the itch comes off after I try some of these products.

SIKSUKR 11-17-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl (Post 236495)
Thanks everyone for your ideas! I will let you know if the itch comes off after I try some of these products.

Itch?Thats a lot different than pitch.First put some cream......:laugh:

glennsteely 11-17-2014 04:53 PM

Hahahaha!!

Hehehehe!!! Siksukr strikes again......too funny!!

dpg 11-18-2014 07:02 AM

Keep in mind unless you use something wax based already think like your also removing whatever protection (wax) you may of already had on the car. Might want to have some wax handy and just hit that spot when your finished. Personal preference I like keeping my car waxed others are like "wax what's that??" :D

ITD 11-18-2014 03:45 PM

I thought you were going to invite us to a pitch party....

AC2717 11-18-2014 03:55 PM

gasoline works awesome
just re-wax that little spot after
also works awesome on road tar

Smith Point 11-20-2014 01:47 PM

Electric shave! That’s all you need to know.