Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reliance Crew Getting Married (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22512)

CateP 08-22-2017 10:41 AM

Reliance Crew Getting Married

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone--It's been a long time since I posted here. Luckily a forum friend reached out to me to nudge me. When I told him what I was up to and that I was getting married in September, he thought some of you other forum friends who have helped me and followed me through my journey to finding my home in Wolfeboro, might want to know.

The crew of "Reliance" (Pearson 27 sailboat) are getting married on the Winni Belle, September 9th. After the cruise we are heading up to Church Landing at Mill Falls and will be staying in the nicest waterfront room in the place with our pups. Our official honeymoon will be next April when we set sail for a week long trip in the British Virgin Islands.

When I think back to 2010, when I first seriously thought about moving up here from the Jersey shore, I would have never imagined I would find a life mate so late in life and that my life would have become so enriched. My artwork has taken off (www.catepoole.com) and I am selling my lake water colors. BTW-I have a solo show at the Libby Museum August 24-Columbus Day. Originals, giclee' prints, cards. I am also doing commission work.

I want to thank everyone who helped me get here and please look out for us sailing in the lower Broads if you are buzzing around the lake.

thinkxingu 08-22-2017 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CateP (Post 284416)
Hi Everyone--It's been a long time since I posted here. Luckily a forum friend reached out to me to nudge me. When I told him what I was up to and that I was getting married in September, he thought some of you other forum friends who have helped me and followed me through my journey to finding my home in Wolfeboro, might want to know.

The crew of "Reliance" (Pearson 27 sailboat) are getting married on the Winni Belle, September 9th. After the cruise we are heading up to Church Landing at Mill Falls and will be staying in the nicest waterfront room in the place with our pups. Our official honeymoon will be next April when we set sail for a week long trip in the British Virgin Islands.

When I think back to 2010, when I first seriously thought about moving up here from the Jersey shore, I would have never imagined I would find a life mate so late in life and that my life would have become so enriched. My artwork has taken off (www.catepoole.com) and I am selling my lake water colors. BTW-I have a solo show at the Libby Museum August 24-Columbus Day. Originals, giclee' prints, cards. I am also doing commission work.

I want to thank everyone who helped me get here and please look out for us sailing in the lower Broads if you are buzzing around the lake.

Bravo, Cate, and congrats! I've seen your art here and there and would love to pick up a piece at some point. Enjoy and good luck!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Descant 08-22-2017 11:59 AM

That's wonderful. Our best to you both as you continue your adventure.
Stop by anytime and let the pups have a run.

Hillcountry 08-22-2017 02:00 PM

Hi Cate!
Congratulations on your wedding!
If you recall, I sent you some pictures of the Spindle Point "lighthouse"
I have been wondering if you ever started (or finished) that painting.
I would very much like to see it when it's done!
Again, best wishes you you and your lifemate!

noreast 08-22-2017 02:12 PM

Congratulations, I sailed down to the BVI's when I was 20, Unfortunately a little to young to really appreciate the process. But I can tell you there was no better feeling than living on the boat down there talking in the whole area and diving around where ever you want. It is incredible. It's more beautiful below water than above. Best of luck.

CateP 08-22-2017 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 284432)
Hi Cate!
Congratulations on your wedding!
If you recall, I sent you some pictures of the Spindle Point "lighthouse"
I have been wondering if you ever started (or finished) that painting.
I would very much like to see it when it's done!
Again, best wishes you you and your lifemate!

Hi HillCountry--Yes I did finish the Spindle Point painting and someone bought the original within a week. I have prints and cards of this painting.

coltgov101 08-22-2017 02:54 PM

Lighthouse

Spent 40 years (summers) on Spindle point.wonderful warm memories. Beautiful painting. Congrats. To you both.

Hillcountry 08-22-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CateP (Post 284439)
Hi HillCountry--Yes I did finish the Spindle Point painting and someone bought the original within a week. I have prints and cards of this painting.

Beautiful job!
Thank you!

salty dog 08-22-2017 05:11 PM

That's a beautiful rendering. And congratulations to you!

ishoot308 08-22-2017 05:50 PM

Congrats Cate!

Wishing you many years of happiness!!

Dan

P.S. beautiful painting of Spindle Point!!

Greene's Basin Girl 08-23-2017 12:58 PM

Congratulations to Cate and Diana. I also want to to thank Diana for a great ride on the Millie B. She is a great captain and a fabulous narrator. It was a very rough day. She did a wonderful job handling the beautiful hacker craft out in the broads!

SIKSUKR 08-23-2017 02:10 PM

Good for you girls. Had a couple great charters in the BVI. I'm guessing you might being going monohull but I cant say enough about living on a 35-40 ft catamaran for a week there. Sailed all around Tortolla to the usual Norman, Cooper, and Peter island stops. The must do Baths snorkling at Virgin Gorda. Took a long sail to Anegada but not much there. Must do are Jost Van Dyke with stops at the Soggy Dollar,Foxys, and the next harbor over Sydneys where you make your own drinks behind the bar and the owner watches and tallies it up. Worth stopping on that side of Tortolla is Cane Garden Bay. FWIW. I need to go back. Dont forget the floating bar/ship Willy T's off Norman Island.

Slickcraft 08-23-2017 03:35 PM

All the best to you two.

BTW. I really like Sunset Canoe.

WakeboardMom 08-23-2017 04:38 PM

Congrats! Great venue for both a wedding and post-wedding stay! I hope you enjoy your sail in the BVI. As the previous poster stated, there are so many fun things to do. We've done several monohulls and one cat down there. My husband the sailor prefers the monohulls, but you can't beat the comfort of a cat. (But you already know that. :) )

Enjoy all these upcoming celebrations! Congratulations!

CateP 08-23-2017 06:01 PM

Bvi

Thanks all for the well wishes. We are chartering a 46 Lagoon Catamaran in the BVIs with two other couples. We are all sailors so it should be fun. Our Captain has sailed the BVI for 20 years. This will our first time.

SIKSUKR 08-24-2017 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CateP (Post 284549)
Thanks all for the well wishes. We are chartering a 46 Lagoon Catamaran in the BVIs with two other couples. We are all sailors so it should be fun. Our Captain has sailed the BVI for 20 years. This will our first time.

I chartered a 46 Lagoon also. We had 3 boats with 16 of us. You are going to have a blast!

brk-lnt 08-24-2017 07:37 AM

Have fun in BVI. Send me a PM if you get in trouble, I have good contacts with the police down there :)

Hopefully you will have time to hit the Bomba Shack, Foxy's, Soggy Dollar, and breakfast on Peter's Island.

jr616 08-24-2017 09:31 AM

Prints & congrats

Cate - Congratulations to you both! And thank you for posting I remember reading about your relocation. What a wonderful story.

Your artwork is beautiful and I feel my home needs a piece. Do you do prints larger than 16x12? I'm stopping in Wolfeboro this week just to look! (we live in Moultonborough) Best place to go?

CateP 08-24-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr616 (Post 284588)
Cate - Congratulations to you both! And thank you for posting I remember reading about your relocation. What a wonderful story.

Your artwork is beautiful and I feel my home needs a piece. Do you do prints larger than 16x12? I'm stopping in Wolfeboro this week just to look! (we live in Moultonborough) Best place to go?

I believe we have emailed each other about this. Thanks so much for your support.

Island Girl 08-25-2017 07:41 PM

Congratulations

Have fun in the BVI. We spent a few days there on an island across from Pusser's. Beautiful there.

IG

Newbiesaukee 08-25-2017 08:46 PM

Congratulations and best wishes for the future.

Rattlesnake Gal 08-26-2017 08:45 AM

Great News!

Great news, Cate! Best wishes for a perfect wedding, honeymoon and a happy life!!!

AnnieAtTheLake 08-26-2017 10:24 AM

Congratulations to you both. Best wishes!