Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Camp Restaurant (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24912)

thinkxingu 08-22-2019 07:55 PM

Camp Restaurant

I don't often see mentions of Camp, but we've been a few times over the years, and it's always a great experience. We had the BBQ flatbread and wings for appetizers, macaroni and cheese and cheeseburger for the kids, and chicken pot pie and pot roast for the parents. Everything was awesome, except the first burger that was a bit too charred--upon mentioning it to the waitress, we had a new one in minutes that was perfect (a bit picky on my son's part). We didn't get it tonight, but the s'mores dessert is ridiculous.

What makes it extra nice is the ability to walk along the lake and sit by the bay afterward.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

SAB1 08-22-2019 08:26 PM

Ate there a few weeks ago for the first time. So so for me .

Descant 08-22-2019 11:10 PM

Camp

We enjoy it at least once a year. It was a favorite for my daughter and niece whern tehy had the camp t themselves for a couple of summers. Love the"CAMP" diner coffee mugs which we bought for our camp.

Woody38 08-22-2019 11:44 PM

Went to Camp last year since someone was visiting and staying in Meredith. Their decision. The experience was horrible. Everyone ordered wine and it came about 20 minutes later. Nothing that was ordered was delivered.
Appetizers finally came and we waited for the dinners. One member said her meal tasted terrible. I gave her most of mine as my appetite is not great.
We have not been back since and probably will not make the trip.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

joey2665 08-23-2019 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 318118)
I don't often see mentions of Camp, but we've been a few times over the years, and it's always a great experience. We had the BBQ flatbread and wings for appetizers, macaroni and cheese and cheeseburger for the kids, and chicken pot pie and pot roast for the parents. Everything was awesome, except the first burger that was a bit too charred--upon mentioning it to the waitress, we had a new one in minutes that was perfect (a bit picky on my son's part). We didn't get it tonight, but the s'mores dessert is ridiculous.

What makes it extra nice is the ability to walk along the lake and sit by the bay afterward.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

We are huge fans of Camp. Probably my favorite Common Man. It never disappoints I love the Camp Crackers and like you said the desserts are awesome especially the S’mores.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

JADAQ 08-23-2019 06:45 AM

Wife and I went last year for the first time, we are full time residents and live 5 minutes away..don’t t know why we never tried it before but anyway..

We both had ordered steak tips cooked exactly the same, plates came out and without hesitation we looked at each other and said “ are you serious “! Both plates combined was less food than one meal at other comparable restaurants.

I usually don’t speak up but did this time, the manager couldn’t give a reason for such a small portion but did promptly apologize and comped the meals and also gave us a gift card to come back. The meals were around $21/22 a piece by the way, maybe $3.00 worth of meat on each plate.

We have never been back there but used the gift card at another Cman restaurant.

Biggd 08-23-2019 07:30 AM

The few times I've been there has been with my grand kids. It seems to be a kid friendly place and it's been fine but it's not at the top of my list to go with just my wife and I.
I can't say anything bad about it but It's not one of our favorites and we only live about a mile away.

Winni P 08-23-2019 08:44 AM

We have really enjoyed Camp the few times we have been. I wish they would serve breakfast. Growing up, we used to go to the Chase House for breakfast by boat. I miss having a breakfast option in Meredith that is close to the town docks.

hilltopper 08-23-2019 10:15 AM

Huh?

No love for George's Diner or Sunshine & Pa's?

Winni P 08-23-2019 11:08 AM

We love both George's and Sunshine & Pa's but we like to go by boat and not everyone in our group can walk that far.