Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Hot Tub Moving (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23812)

pjard 09-07-2018 06:22 PM

Hot Tub Moving

I need a hot tub moved for a couple of weeks while I get some deck work done. I've called all the hot tub dealers and they don't offer the service. Also tried a couple of moving companies without any luck. Anyone have suggestions?

ApS 09-07-2018 07:03 PM

Is it Round? Would It Roll? Hard-Wired? Cord?

'Sounds like a job for a crane. :cool:

Try a tree cutter or arborist firm—ask for their opinion.

Hillcountry 09-07-2018 07:21 PM

You just need to google hot tub movers. We were considering having a free one moved to our home but decided against it. There are several in NH/MA that will and do move them.

TiltonBB 09-10-2018 06:37 AM

Try Craigslist. I bought a new one several years ago and found 2 men on Craigslist who took the new one off the trailer and put it in place. They even loaded the old one on the trailer for disposal.

It was mostly done using pipes as rollers and throwing a little muscle in now and then. I think they charged $200, which was well worth it. Sorry, I cannot find the contact information.

fatlazyless 09-10-2018 08:18 AM

Large foam noodles, about 4" diameter x 42" length can be used as rollers for moving a hot tub.

Will also work for moving a boat or building an ancient pyramid with sandstone blocks weighing 20-tons each ....... ha-ha-ha ...... well, maybe not for an ancient pyramid, but definitely yes for hot tubs and small boats.

You just point that hot tub in the right direction, and let it roll down the hill over a gaggle of noodles ..... ditto that for a boat!

About six months ago, Energysavers in Meredith wanted $500 to remove a hot tub, even after replacing it with a new Hot Springs Jetsetter purchased from them. $500 seemed like Jesse James rides again ....... such an unbelievably high price to remove the old tub!

Ain't no way!

Cozy Cabin Rustics in Meredith, Plymouth(big store) & Lincoln sells excellent quality Nordic Hot Tubs, and as of six months ago, was charging $100 to deliver the new, and another $100 to remove the old hot tub.

jbolty 09-10-2018 10:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently had to move a hot tub a short distance and was able to do it with four friends, a couple 2x4, some ratchet straps and two hand trucks. Thus.

Hillcountry 09-10-2018 01:36 PM

There’s a guy on YouTube that moves hot tubs by himself...quite the moving genius! I believe he’s down south somewhere though. Calls himself “The spa guy”

Outdoorsman 09-10-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 301685)
Large foam noodles, about 4" diameter x 42" length can be used as rollers for moving a hot tub.

Will also work for moving a boat or building an ancient pyramid with sandstone blocks weighing 20-tons each ....... ha-ha-ha ...... well, maybe not for an ancient pyramid, but definitely yes for hot tubs and small boats.

Methinks that you have too much of your inheritance $ invested in the foam noodle company.