Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Meadowbrook/BankNHPavillion & Live Nation/Ticketmaster (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23983)

jr616 11-12-2018 12:46 PM

Meadowbrook/BankNHPavillion & Live Nation/Ticketmaster

Let me first start off with we have been long time concert goers to Meadowbrook. We love the venue and have seen tons of shows.

My concern is now that they have "sold-out":
1) the prices are rapidly rising (memberships, ticket prices, fees)
2) the staff is confused and seem kind of unorganized regarding; communication, aps, orders, on sale dates etc
3) we have lost the local feel of our venue

I would have thought since this purchase went through last December things going into the 2019 season would be seamless - I was wrong.

Buyer Beware.
:(
:confused:

jetskier 11-12-2018 12:54 PM

Mixed bag

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr616 (Post 304430)
Let me first start off with we have been long time concert goers to Meadowbrook. We love the venue and have seen tons of shows.

2) the staff is confused and seem kind of unorganized regarding; communication, aps, orders, on sale dates etc

I would have thought since this purchase went through last December things going into the 2019 season would be seamless - I was wrong.

Buyer Beware.

Hi all,

Clearly there have been improvements also...investment in the venue...much better than the old days with a very poor sound system and lawn seats without a video screen.

In addition, the quality and diversity of the acts has improved.

There are a number of areas for improvement though:
  • When you pay for a ticket in the table section...it would be nice to actually be able to order FOOD. The popcorn and pretzels are pretty weak.
  • Finding out that all those points accumulated over the years would be void unless they were bit on auctions that everyone else was bidding on was very poor form.

Just my 2 cents.
Jetskier:cool:

jr616 11-12-2018 01:13 PM

Thanks for mentioning the points thing - I did not see that - after spending over 25K there - - Do you think maybe I could win a $25 GC for candy? LOL:laugh:

FlyingScot 11-12-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr616 (Post 304430)

Buyer Beware.

With all due respect--you sound like a guy who's just angry about a price increase. But I appreciate the reminder to check out the 2019 calendar.

Steely Dan and Counting Crows were both terrific this year! Rock on, Meadowbrook!

iw8surf 11-13-2018 07:59 AM

I don't want to see a price increase either. For me having friends up to the lake is an expensive weekend alone, couple hundred bucks in gas, food, rent/mortgage etc. If prices become TD garden or Gillette prices than I will start thinking twice about going. I love that venue as it is and still think it is one of the better places to see a show. Of course sinking a little money in to upkeep or improve is one thing, but making it "expensive" like posted above is rough in my opinion.

jr616 11-13-2018 11:02 AM

Price increase was not at all my complaint.

Honestly the lack of communication and the level of confusion when I called ticked me off more than anything.

The extra $100 I paid for my annual inner circle membership and what will surely be an extra $25-45 per ticket are the least of my concerns - but noted for sure.