Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Traveling Texas Smokehouse traveling again? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23309)

CentHarb_Ray 05-16-2018 02:26 PM

Traveling Texas Smokehouse traveling again?

Saw what appears the be the Traveling Texas gear set up on Rte. 3 on the Meredith/Center Harbor border at the little farm stand there (on the right going north). Is this a move or a new addition to the franchise?

CHR

Hillcountry 05-16-2018 02:34 PM

I haven’t notice any activity on 104, his old location. Maybe he did move?
Seems like that would be pretty close to his Wiers dock location.

joey2665 05-16-2018 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 294814)
I haven’t notice any activity on 104, his old location. Maybe he did move?
Seems like that would be pretty close to his Wiers dock location.

I just sent them an IM on Facebook. I will report back their response.

joey2665 05-16-2018 04:45 PM

Response from Facebook page on their new location.

“Right now we are only open at a new location just past the Meredith Police department on Rte 3. We won't be doing the Weirs location this year. The property owner at our old Meredith location has some permits to work out with the town and then we hope to move back there to be open when that is complete.”

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hillcountry 05-16-2018 06:04 PM

Strange...I would have thought the Wiers locale would have been his number one spot but maybe the rent went up or something. Hard tellin’ not knowin’

joey2665 05-16-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 294824)
Strange...I would have thought the Wiers locale would have been his number one spot but maybe the rent went up or something. Hard tellin’ not knowin’

I went to that location in the Weirs many times over the summer and I never really seemed to be busy.

thinkxingu 05-16-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 294824)

There's no place to eat over there--each of the three times I was there, the one or two picnic tables below were taken and there's no way BBQ is eat-on-the-go. I was confident it wouldn't last

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Hillcountry 05-16-2018 07:22 PM

Ahh didn’t know that. Been to his route 104 location several times but not the Wiers

joey2665 05-16-2018 08:39 PM

I don’t know, as I said I went at least 7-8 times and no issues finding a spot to eat.

Winni P 05-17-2018 07:16 AM

Bummer...

We are going to miss them at the Weirs. We discovered them last summer and were excited to add them to our list of spots to hit. Their food was really good - even the kids loved it.

We usually only travel to Meredith by boat in the summer and their location by the police station is too far for us to walk. Plus, there are many other great options that are in walking distance to the town docks.

I hope they reconsider...

Rich 05-17-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winni P (Post 294835)
We are going to miss them at the Weirs. We discovered them last summer and were excited to add them to our list of spots to hit. Their food was really good - even the kids loved it.

We usually only travel to Meredith by boat in the summer and their location by the police station is too far for us to walk. Plus, there are many other great options that are in walking distance to the town docks.

I hope they reconsider...

There is a new BBQ place going into the Weirs pier, so you can get your smoke fix!

Should be open by Memorial Day

https://www.facebook.com/AngryHogBarbecue/

joey2665 05-17-2018 07:44 AM

I agree they will be missed at the Weirs location. My boat is at Akwa Vista and it was a short golf cart ride from the dock to the Weirs to pick up an nice take out order of ribs and chicken

Hillcountry 05-17-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 294837)
There is a new BBQ place going into the Weirs pier, so you can get your smoke fix!

Should be open by Memorial Day

https://www.facebook.com/AngryHogBarbecue/

Fitting name for Laconia and bike week!

GusMan 05-17-2018 04:46 PM

I have to say... the tee shirts shown on the facebook page are downright creepy!

Cheers....

Gusman

joey2665 05-17-2018 07:34 PM

My daughter said the same thing. Scary looking logo. [emoji33]

Overlake97 05-21-2018 09:35 AM

Lone Star BBQ opening sit-down location

Another BBQ option appears on the verge of opening. The Lone Star BBQ, which operated last season out of a trailer on Route 3/11, about 1.5 miles east of the Tilton Exit, is apparently moving into the building that once housed Our Family Place or Family Tree (or something like that) breakfast/lunch restaurant (and then another short-lived business [Mariner's Cove??]). Their black Lone Star sign went up a couple days ago. Once they open, I think they would be the only truly table-service BBQ place in the area :liplick: (meaning, more than just a few token tables for take-out customers). Next closest sit-down would be Yankee Smokehouse in West Ossipee.

joey2665 05-21-2018 10:04 AM

Lone Star BBQ

Below is a link to their FaceBook page with the announcement

https://www.facebook.com/theLoneStar...33975523319191

Little Bear 05-21-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlake97 (Post 294921)
Another BBQ option appears on the verge of opening. The Lone Star BBQ, which operated last season out of a trailer on Route 3/11, about 1.5 miles east of the Tilton Exit, is apparently moving into the building that once housed Our Family Place or Family Tree (or something like that) breakfast/lunch restaurant (and then another short-lived business [Mariner's Cove??]). Their black Lone Star sign went up a couple days ago. Once they open, I think they would be the only truly table-service BBQ place in the area :liplick: (meaning, more than just a few token tables for take-out customers). Next closest sit-down would be Yankee Smokehouse in West Ossipee.

Their BBQ is outstanding, and much better than some of the others in the area. Hope they can maintain their quality & consistency in this new location.

HellRaZoR004 05-21-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bear (Post 294926)
Their BBQ is outstanding, and much better than some of the others in the area. Hope they can maintain their quality & consistency in this new location.

Agree 100%, their brisket is top notch. Excited for their new location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senter Cove Guy 05-25-2018 10:16 AM

Location Location Location

It's all about the location. Found it yesterday but you better not blink going by it because you'll miss it. To be specific, it is 0.5 mile past the Meredith Police Station on the right going North on route 3.