Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Outdoor Recreation (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gunstock Zipline (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17986)

jetlag100 07-26-2014 08:01 PM

Gunstock Zipline

Last post I saw on Gunstock's Adventure was 2011 so, I'm asking, has anyone gone on the zip line? Want to give a try, but, would like some input. Thanks

RLW 07-26-2014 08:17 PM

All I will say is, it was fantastic a little expensive and the grand kids had a ball. That is all I can say as no words really can explain the thrill, at least to this family. Segway was fun for the family, but this one legged old fart had a bit of difficulty using it and gave up as it was a bit uncomfortable for me.:)

Chaselady 07-26-2014 08:20 PM

We went Father's Day week-end. It was a blast! We never went on any other zip lines so we really can't compare, but we felt the staff was good, the views tremendous, and it was a great ride for the price.

Misha888 07-26-2014 09:41 PM

Thumbs Up

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone I know that has gone thoroughly enjoyed it. I for one like to fly down the mountain on a different medium.

I photographed my sister and her friends when they went. The staff was super fun and accommodating. No offense but they were not as curmudgeon as some of the winter staff.

jrc 07-26-2014 11:01 PM

I did it with a few friends, it was a blast. You have to make reservations, don't expect to show up and zip that day.

It is pricey, around $75 for the whole trip. You do a short practice slide at the bottom of the hill, then go up the ski lift. At the top you do a medium run, then two long runs. The last run ends back at the bottom.

Obviously if you don't like heights, you should skip it, at spots you are above the tree-top. Consider the GOPRO rental, you might want to remember the trip. Your non-zipping friends can wait at the bottom of the hill in the parking lot and take your picture as you go by. There are a few GOPRO clips on youtube.

If it's cool day, it's colder at the top. We should have brought gloves.

I'm going to try and do another run this summer.

webmaster 07-27-2014 05:20 AM

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fbK8MglJYf8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jetlag100 07-27-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrc (Post 229827)
I did it with a few friends, it was a blast. You have to make reservations, don't expect to show up and zip that day.

It is pricey, around $75 for the whole trip. You do a short practice slide at the bottom of the hill, then go up the ski lift. At the top you do a medium run, then two long runs. The last run ends back at the bottom.

Obviously if you don't like heights, you should skip it, at spots you are above the tree-top. Consider the GOPRO rental, you might want to remember the trip. Your non-zipping friends can wait at the bottom of the hill in the parking lot and take your picture as you go by. There are a few GOPRO clips on youtube.

If it's cool day, it's colder at the top. We should have brought gloves.

I'm going to try and do another run this summer.

Very useful info. Thanks soooo much:D