Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Fireworks last night (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8341)

we're golden 08-16-2009 07:49 AM

Fireworks last night

Long time reader, first time writer.... We were on Long Island last night, looking west toward Bear Island and Meredith, and there was a spectacular Fireworks display. Anyone know where they originated?

KTO 08-16-2009 12:36 PM

We saw them too. They came from the houses on the shore just north of Y-Landing Marina. Perhaps a wedding or something was going on.

Bear Islander 08-16-2009 01:03 PM

I was able to watch them right from my couch. Obviously professional fireworks.

A few houses north of Y-Landing is the Oliver Lodge. They sometimes have weddings there.

Electric man 08-16-2009 03:50 PM

I am a long time reader as well.
The boat they came from was in Sheps yard Saturday about noon time waiting to launch.

KonaChick 08-16-2009 07:58 PM

We saw it as well and it was like our own personal fireworks display! My kids were amazed....had to be a wedding or something big that was being celebrated. To whomever paid for that wonderful display, THANKS!!

Resident 2B 08-16-2009 09:47 PM

I saw the show from the Weirs while covering the boat for the night.

Great show!

From my distance away, the booms were out of sync with the flashes, but it was a beautiful display.

Much appriciated and best wishes to the happy couple!

R2B

Gatto Nero 08-17-2009 06:35 AM

We saw them on Black Cat as well. They were as good, if not better, than any town display I had ever seen in the area. From our vantage point they looked like they might have been at John Beaver's place on Beaver Island but I know that place is for sale. Yesterday morning I set out on the jetski to investigate in the general direction they had been and I saw a large white tent set up at a house near what the Bizer chart calls Hornets Nest Point in Meredith. There were a bunch of people hanging out by the waterfront so I went over and asked if they sponsored the fireworks. Sure enough, they had hired a barge and a professional fireworks company for a wedding. Pretty cool.

chmeeee 08-18-2009 12:12 PM

I did run into two guys at Sheps on Saturday who were preparing to transport a wedding cake to Bear Island via boat. :eek:

I'm assuming it was the same event...

murph 08-19-2009 07:34 PM

The fireworks were on beaver island just north of y-landing ( where I work ). There was a wedding there and over 100k dollars to display the fireworks. They did it for a wedding out there. There was marine patrol and the fire department off the shore and a professional company was hired much like the ones hired on the fourth. They had a barge out in front of their house. We took the boat over because we heard about it from a friend on beaver it was a great private show that a lot of people enjoyed!

we're golden 08-20-2009 06:42 AM

Thanks for the info

Thanks to everyone for the information.