Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Crane Service/Park Model Install (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21442)

thinkxingu 11-12-2016 07:44 AM

Crane Service/Park Model Install

Hello All,
We're in Arcadia Campground and looking to have a new park model installed next summer/fall. Our setup would require either moving a deck and porch or crane service to pull out the old trailer/install the new. I'm thinking it might be a wash in terms of cost if I had to pay twice for a forklift operator (move, install, move back) vs. a one-shot deal of craning in/out. Thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, and referrals wanted!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Doobs41378 11-12-2016 11:53 AM

Have you talked to the people at the RV dealership yet? I assume they run into your scenario frequently and may know the best course of action for your situation. I have been in that park before, do they drive the Park Models right in through the front gate? If I recall it wasn't super wide. Also, have you found anywhere local to buy them other than Seacoast RV's in Maine? Seems like options are limited on them.

VitaBene 11-15-2016 09:22 PM

East Coast Foundation... they have a crane service as well. Right in Moultonborough, Randy Bickford is tbe owner.

thinkxingu 11-16-2016 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 271793)
Have you talked to the people at the RV dealership yet? I assume they run into your scenario frequently and may know the best course of action for your situation. I have been in that park before, do they drive the Park Models right in through the front gate? If I recall it wasn't super wide. Also, have you found anywhere local to buy them other than Seacoast RV's in Maine? Seems like options are limited on them.

The only 'local' dealer is Seacoast--Cold Springs RV in Weare got out of the business last year or so. The gate is wide enough to get through, and it's not a problem getting to the site, but without pulling our deck and porch out (potential for damage), I'm pretty confident they won't be able to get the old one out/new one in so I'm trying to investigate my options.

Seacoast delivers and installs using trucks, but anything beyond that is up to the customer to organize.

Just Sold 11-16-2016 05:34 PM

Are you even sure the deck and porch will mate up to the new "Park Model" without major refitting plus installing/adjusting the footings they sit on?
I would think a forklift even with 2 lifts involved will be cheaper and less damaging to the ground than a crane. Cranes are not cheap rentals. Plus rigging to lift the present and new "Park Model" could be tricky and time ($$$) consuming as I suspect they are not designed for that type of lifting. Check out Sunbelt Rentals in Manchester to see what they would charge for a forklift or maybe someone local has one. Google for local rigging companies who are capable for the job you want done. VitaBene suggested a local crane operator he knew of and I would contact them.

thinkxingu 11-24-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Sold (Post 271919)
Are you even sure the deck and porch will mate up to the new "Park Model" without major refitting plus installing/adjusting the footings they sit on?
I would think a forklift even with 2 lifts involved will be cheaper and less damaging to the ground than a crane. Cranes are not cheap rentals. Plus rigging to lift the present and new "Park Model" could be tricky and time ($$$) consuming as I suspect they are not designed for that type of lifting. Check out Sunbelt Rentals in Manchester to see what they would charge for a forklift or maybe someone local has one. Google for local rigging companies who are capable for the job you want done. VitaBene suggested a local crane operator he knew of and I would contact them.

Mating up will only require lifting the trailer a few inches, which will be easy once in place. The biggest question is whether it would be easier to move deck and porch or try to go over both.

I'll be calling the recommended crane place soon and will post my findings.

thinkxingu 07-08-2017 09:58 AM

Trailer install moved back a year, so just now starting my investigation. Able Crane in Merrimack and National Machinery Movers also came up.

thinkxingu 10-29-2018 01:47 PM

Just to add closure: Reliable Crane in Laconia did a GREAT job with removing the old trailer and installing the new. No damage to porch and only the slightest little scratch on one of the new trailer's roof drip edges from an errant shackle.

Cheers!