Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tavern 27 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25174)

ishoot308 11-17-2019 10:24 AM

Tavern 27

If you haven’t been to Tavern 27 your really missing out on a great dining experience!

We finally had the opportunity to go last night with friends and everything was just great! Food, service, ambience could not have been better!

We also had the opportunity to meet and speak with the owner known as Baygo here on the forum! It was a pleasure to finally meet him and speak about all his upcoming ventures including his distillery!!

We will definitely be back and wish nothing but the best for Tavern 27!!

Dan

garysanfran 11-17-2019 10:45 AM

Cloud 9...

If I recall.

Love this place

Mr. V 11-17-2019 02:07 PM

We ate there years ago and came away impressed.

Something different for the lakes region, that's for sure.

dt5150 11-19-2019 10:19 AM

we live literally 3 minutes from there and we've never been. always meant to, just haven't gone.

CooperS7777 11-19-2019 10:45 AM

Always great service, great food and great drinks. The atmosphere is terrific as well. We don't visit as often as Id like, but we always enjoy it.

baygo 11-19-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dt5150 (Post 322861)
we live literally 3 minutes from there and we've never been. always meant to, just haven't gone.

The T27 team looks forward to the privilege of serving you when the time is right.

On a sidenote.. if your recent inquisitiveness was inspired by a pic I posted in another thread, and you were led to believe that that man does sit at my bar, unfortunately I have to fess up to that being fake news.

Biggd 11-19-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 322866)
The T27 team looks forward to the privilege of serving you when the time is right.

On a sidenote.. if your recent inquisitiveness was inspired by a pic I posted in another thread, and you were led to believe that that man does sit at my bar, unfortunately I have to fess up to that being fake news.

I haven't been there yet.:D

Sue Doe-Nym 11-19-2019 12:39 PM

Error message

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 322866)

I have tried several times to check out the menu, but it comes up as “server error”....a mystery...?

baygo 11-19-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 322871)
I have tried several times to check out the menu, but it comes up as “server error”....a mystery...?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Was it a male or female server? I will schedule training. In the interim try this link http://www.tavern27.com/p_menu_list.php

Sue Doe-Nym 11-19-2019 01:35 PM

Magic

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 322872)
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Was it a male or female server? I will schedule training. In the interim try this link http://www.tavern27.com/p_menu_list.php

Using the link you provided, the menu came right up.
Thanks!
Sue

Dad207 11-19-2019 09:07 PM

Tavern 27

This place is great, but not the usual dining experience. They are not set up for drinks, apps, mains and dessert; rather, an informal dining experience, with appetizers, small plates, and mains coming on an informal pace. Food is excellent, don't let the the informality, and differing pace, put you off of excellent food.

Mr. V 11-19-2019 10:42 PM

Baygo:

Did you go to Spain to get ideas / inspiration for your tapas theme, and if so, how do your offerings differ from those in Iberia?

SAMIAM 11-20-2019 07:11 AM

Brought friends there who love to eat out and are in a line of work that requires them to travel to major cities around the world. They were hugely impressed.
Said they didn't expect to find a restaurant of this caliber in a small city in NH

Slickcraft 11-21-2019 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 322872)

We have been curious about Tavern 27, thanks for posting a link to the menu. Looks very interesting, we will give it a try. Your web site still gives "Internal Server Error" so training must be ongoing";)

When just the two of us eat out we often sit at the bar and have a draft beer or two with the meal. From the photos on Google Maps it looks like you have two small bars and four beer taps.

BroadHopper 11-21-2019 08:10 AM

My go-to place

Short hike from Wildwood Village. I believe there is a golf cart trail to T27 from South Down Farm / Long Bay. So it tends to get crowded on weekends.
Off season too at times. Many summer residents are beginning to settle year round as they retire.

During the week on a full moon night, sitting in the dining room overlooking Opechee is very romantic, especially when someone in tickling the ivories...…

And the tapas, Just the right proportions for an older couple. So good!

jetskier 11-21-2019 09:49 AM

Not true

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 322925)
Short hike from Wildwood Village. I believe there is a golf cart trail to T27 from South Down Farm / Long Bay. So it tends to get crowded on weekends.
Off season too at times. Many summer residents are beginning to settle year round as they retire.

During the week on a full moon night, sitting in the dining room overlooking Opechee is very romantic, especially when someone in tickling the ivories...…

And the tapas, Just the right proportions for an older couple. So good!

FYI

There is no golf cart access between South Down Shores/Long Bay and Tavern 27. The land adjacent to Tavern 27 is owned by the Meadows which is a village within South Down Shores. The Meadows does not allow golf carts to traverse their property to Tavern 27 as it is private property.

Jetskier :cool:

baygo 11-21-2019 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 322921)
We have been curious about Tavern 27, thanks for posting a link to the menu. Looks very interesting, we will give it a try. Your web site still gives "Internal Server Error" so training must be ongoing";)

When just the two of us eat out we often sit at the bar and have a draft beer or two with the meal. From the photos on Google Maps it looks like you have two small bars and four beer taps.

“Internal Server Error “

It should be fixed now, however it may be a problem again because it’s the result of a malicious file planted on our server by a spider. There is a defense we can take however it’s a bit time consuming to implement and we don’t see a window of opportunity to deal with it until after the new year. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Also; it is a small bar with a total of eight seats. We do take reservations for bar seats so it’s always best to call ahead and we will do our best to have them waiting for you. We feature six draft beers. All from New Hampshire.

baygo 11-21-2019 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetskier (Post 322928)
FYI

There is no golf cart access between South Down Shores/Long Bay and Tavern 27. The land adjacent to Tavern 27 is owned by the Meadows which is a village within South Down Shores. The Meadows does not allow golf carts to traverse their property to Tavern 27 as it is private property.

Jetskier :cool:

Yes access has been blocked through the Meadows meadow. many people still find their way here by golf cart by going out the SD gate and then driving on the grass area between the fence and the road. It is against the law to drive on the road. Another route that gets used periodically is through the tennis courts and left on the snowmobile trail. This route leads up Severance Road which also would be technically illegal to drive the golf cart on.

baygo 11-21-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 322888)
Baygo:

Did you go to Spain to get ideas / inspiration for your tapas theme, and if so, how do your offerings differ from those in Iberia?

We did go to Spain last year and took a few of our senior staff members with us as an R&D, however initially the menu was created by my wife and I based on dishes we created and speculated would be popular if introduced to the area.

The local market did influence our approach in a way that let us to serving plates that are a bit larger than traditional tapas. We also opted to include House made sourdough flatbread pizzas with anticipation that some may not be familiar with Tapas, but could come in with a comfort knowing they can enjoy a pizza and then take a peek at what the tapas is all about.

In our early days there was a little confusion in the community as the word “tapas” was not common and often misinterpreted by eavesdroppers as ”topless” and we had quite a few people come in looking for the topless experience.

Barney Bear 11-21-2019 11:08 AM

"Topless"

Very funny. :laugh:

Descant 11-21-2019 01:05 PM

Ta-Tas

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 322937)
...In our early days there was a little confusion in the community as the word “tapas” was not common and often misinterpreted by eavesdroppers as ”topless” and we had quite a few people come in looking for the topless experience.

Maybe there's a market waiting to be served? I'm unaware of any such business in the Lakes Region. Of course, I don't get out much, so I was unaware of Kings Grant when it was operating. Didn't they have entertainment?

TiltonBB 11-21-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 322947)
Maybe there's a market waiting to be served? I'm unaware of any such business in the Lakes Region. Of course, I don't get out much, so I was unaware of Kings Grant when it was operating. Didn't they have entertainment?

They did have entertainment. If you are sure there is a market in the area for that, the Kings Grant property is for sale. Grab your checkbook and head over!

baygo 11-21-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 322947)

It actually crossed my mind after I saw GillyGirl’s selfie. If I could just talk her and Biggd into partnering I think it could be a hit.

Biggd 11-21-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 322955)
It actually crossed my mind after I saw GillyGirl’s selfie. If I could just talk her and Biggd into partnering I think it could be a hit.

I could come in topless with my six pack of Coors light. :laugh:

gillygirl 11-21-2019 09:10 PM

Tavern 27

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 322955)

Sorry, baygo, but I’m down in Florida. You probably couldn’t afford me anyway! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app