Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best time of year in Lakes Region? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18187)

Slickcraft 09-02-2014 11:44 AM

Best time of year in Lakes Region?

For us it started today!

Opinions may vary. :D

ishoot308 09-02-2014 11:50 AM

Amen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 232536)
For us it started today!

I'm with you!

Dan

BroadHopper 09-02-2014 12:08 PM

Before Memorial and after Labor Day!

Ditto! Off season is the best!

Chaselady 09-02-2014 12:09 PM

I so agree! Absolutely love September up here!

Rusty 09-02-2014 12:14 PM

Anytime of the year is a good time in the Lakes Region.

Irish mist 09-02-2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 232536)
For us it started today!

Autumn is just perfect in NH. I wish it was September & October all year long:)

fpartri497 09-02-2014 02:12 PM

definatly agree best time of year Is NOW

:D:D:D

rsmlp 09-02-2014 02:28 PM

after buying in '97 and spending our summers up here, we're empty nesters this year and living here full time. our FIRST sept/oct here on winni. yeah!

challmec 09-02-2014 02:28 PM

best time of year

I agree absolutely 100%.. All the crowds are gone and the lake is calm!!!!:D:D

Happy Gourmand 09-02-2014 02:35 PM

Yup, boating season has just begun!

Patiently Watching 09-02-2014 02:39 PM

Absolutely!

Beautiful weather, cool nights for sleeping, places to park...

It is like summer for the locals!

JasonG 09-02-2014 02:48 PM

Is there a bad time? Really?

BroadHopper 09-02-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonG (Post 232554)
Is there a bad time? Really?

During the tourist season. :cool:

DRH 09-02-2014 07:39 PM

Best Time is Now!

There's no question about the significant contribution tourists make to New Hampshire's economy, but for many years we've considered September to be the best month of the "summer" season. After Labor Day both the roads and the lake are much less crowded, yet the weather is usually still warm. Before we retired, we always took the week of Labor Day for vacation because it was so quiet compared to the summer months. Now, we look forward to the entire month of September each year as a time when we can enjoy the warm weather and the lake without the summer crowds. For those reasons, the best time of the year for us on the lake is right now!

LadyJane 09-02-2014 08:17 PM

I guess I am a technically a "tourist" , though I consider the lake my home away from home, and I've been here every month of the year. No matter the season, it is always beautiful and always great, of course. I would say though, when you have a stretch of weather like we're having now......we're past Labor Day but it's still summery, .....it is quite special and wonderful. It's quiet, the water is still warm enough for swimming and beautiful serene beach time, ...calm sunsets. It doesn't get much better than this.

Lakegeezer 09-02-2014 08:24 PM

Three favorites

• A Tuesday in July, temperature about 83 degrees.
  • A crystal clear and sunny day in September.
  • A gentle 8" snowfall in still wind and temps in the high teens.

upthesaukee 09-02-2014 10:03 PM

Great week...

Mom and Dad always took the week after Labor Day as vacation...great boating, great swimming (water is still plenty warm), and no crowds at the restaurants.

Bigguypontoon 09-02-2014 10:26 PM

It's out first September at lake Wini

Just bought a 2nd house on Paugus Bay and first year boater...looking forward to all seasons!

Greene's Basin Girl 09-02-2014 10:37 PM

I love this weather. We can still float and swim. Doesn't get any better post Labor Day. Greene's Basin is so calm and serene. The wonderful steamboats will arrive this upcoming weekend. The steamboats are so quiet. They add to the off season charm on the lake.

JasonG 09-03-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 232555)
During the tourist season. :cool:

So you never go up during the tourist season? :rolleye2:

rick35 09-03-2014 10:44 PM

When our kids played high school sports we had to be home around August 15th for practices. We rarely came up to the lake after that and many times we closed up the camp for the season on labor day. When the younger one went away to college we had a chance to experience the lake after labor day. Wow! All the crowds were gone (many to HS sports commitments I bet) and we had the lake to ourselves. The first year we had temps in the 80's into October. It was amazing.

wickedtravelah 09-04-2014 06:55 AM

The solitude of winter is calming.

salty dog 09-04-2014 07:21 AM

We've logged about 55 hours on the boat this summer including our weeks vacation at the cabin in West Alton (just last week). We love the lake and never tire of it. Weekdays are always more relaxing then weekends. But September is just great. Crisp air, warm sun and generally calm and smooth. That's hard to beat.

fpartri497 09-04-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salty dog (Post 232684)
we've logged about 55 hours on the boat this summer including our weeks vacation at the cabin in west alton (just last week). We love the lake and never tire of it. Weekdays are always more relaxing then weekends. But september is just great. Crisp air, warm sun and generally calm and smooth. That's hard to beat.

ahmen

:d

BroadHopper 09-04-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonG (Post 232670)
So you never go up during the tourist season? :rolleye2:

I live here! During the tourist season I seek my 'solitude' on the other lakes.

znh 09-04-2014 01:01 PM

+1 more for loving this time of year. We have had some of our best days on the lake in mid-September. The kids always look forward to our September picnic on Ragged...weather looks great for this weekend as well. Bring it on !

Barbara 09-04-2014 01:49 PM

For us year round residents it's NOW!!

upthesaukee 09-04-2014 06:36 PM

We played golf with friends today, late lunch at El Jimador, then off to the boat with them. We cruised over to Hull and Blueberry Islands, then over to Melvin Village via the graveyard (and lived to tell about it). Then back to Nineteen Mile bay, then out past Barber's Pole on our way to a swing through Wolfeboro Bay. Had to take them by "a lakeshore property" we were thinking about buying ( Yep, Bob Bahr's place), then down through Robert's Cove before heading back to West Alton. Little to no traffic. Saw a couple of eagles, loons, some ducks, and lots of sea gulls. Even saw a couple of birdies in the morning (along with a bunch of bogies. Yup, love this time of year.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

tis 09-04-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 232731)
We played golf with friends today, late lunch at El Jimador, then off to the boat with them. We cruised over to Hull and Blueberry Islands, then over to Melvin Village via the graveyard (and lived to tell about it). Then back to Nineteen Mile bay, then out past Barber's Pole on our way to a swing through Wolfeboro Bay. Had to take them by "a lakeshore property" we were thinking about buying ( Yep, Bob Bahr's place), then down through Robert's Cove before heading back to West Alton. Little to no traffic. Saw a couple of eagles, loons, some ducks, and lots of sea gulls. Even saw a couple of birdies in the morning (along with a bunch of bogies. Yup, love this time of year.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Up, we must have followed you! We went up by Braun Bay, LongI Bridge, Nineteen Mile Bay, Barber's Pole, Wolfeboro Bay, Bahr's. A very similar route!! It was so wonderful out there today!!

glennsteely 09-05-2014 03:56 AM

To all of you who reside year round....

You guys deserve this month......being a come-er, (not a from-er) myself, I have always enjoyed the fall at the lake the most, as an adult, anyway. When we owned our cottage, we were up in all 4 seasons, most years, but there is something special about when it calms down.....that big, big difference in the amount of boat traffic, starting in September, like someone just turned off a light switch, the color in the trees starting....the nights get cool quick, like magic, out come the electric blankets!! I love this time of year up at the lake, but seriously, all of you FROM-ERS deserve September and October, it is YOUR time to enjoy the little piece of heaven you own......by the way, have I told you I love you yet today? Well I do, and my family does too, and WE thank you for sharing what you own with us, it is very nice of you, that's why I say you deserve it, you guys share so well!!!

SteveA 09-05-2014 04:24 AM

This is just a joke..

1 Attachment(s)
.. all nasty comments will be ignored. :emb::emb::emb:

I don't really think this.. but it is funny!

Attachment 9832

Dad sold the C * C 09-05-2014 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 232753)

Attachment 9832

Because, they don't taste so good with all that sun screen basted on 'em:liplick:

SteveA 09-05-2014 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad sold the C * C (Post 232754)
Because, they don't taste so good with all that sun screen basted on 'em:liplick:

LOL.. now that is funny!!!

Tired of Waiting 09-05-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 232753)

Attachment 9832

Because without them the locals would still be living in mud huts and cooking over donkey dung fires.;)

Of course that isn't really that bad of a life style if you like pristine quiet lakes and such!!

ToW

P. S. I'm just envious of the locals getting to enjoy this time of year.

BroadHopper 09-05-2014 10:14 AM

Couple of old Bumper Stickers

Popular back in the 80's with the natives.

'Make it in Mass, Spend it in NH'
'Welcome to NH, Now Go Home!'