Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Area WebCAMs (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Echo Shores Webcam Going Offline Soon (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25404)

DRH 03-08-2020 06:38 PM

Echo Shores Webcam Going Offline Soon

After being in operation for many years, the Echo Shores Webcam (www.echoshorescam.com) will be going offline sometime this coming May.

Having been on the lake for 26 years now, Quilt Lady and I will be selling our lakefront home and moving to a new location that is not on the water.

I know that many people have made use of the Echo Shores Webcam over the years to check local lake conditions in this area, but unfortunately it will have to go offline when we move and I am sorry about that, but there is really no alternative.

I appreciate the notes of thanks I've received over the years for providing a view of the lake from our Echo Shores location in West Alton. Hopefully someone else in this general area will be able to provide a somewhat similar webcam view at some point in the future.

Although we won't be living on Lake Winnipesaukee anymore, I plan to check in on the Forum from time to time to keep up with what's going on here.

I would like to extend my thanks to Webmaster Don, who created the winnipesaukee.com website many years ago. Quilt Lady and I have made many friends here who we would probably never have known otherwise, and for that we are very grateful. Thanks, Don!

upthesaukee 03-08-2020 07:46 PM

Thanks DRH

Thanks for your work on the web cam. Regardless of whether we were docking at West Alton, or down in Alton Bay, before heading out, I invariably would check my 3 favorite web cameras for the SE end of the lake; winnipisaukeecam in Alton Bay, Echo Shores in the Minge Cove area, and Snakeyes for the Broads view of Rattlesnake.

The service you, and the others, provide allows boaters with valuable visual information to make their boating safer and more enjoyable.

Good luck with your new adventure.

Dave

mcdude 03-09-2020 07:38 AM

Best of luck to you and Quilt Lady in your new endeavor!!

CaptT820 03-09-2020 07:57 AM

Miss It

We live on Sleeper directly across from the camera and it is always nice to see what the weather is, and in the spring, knowing when the ice ACTUALLY goes out. We are definitely going to miss it. Best of luck with the new house.

Pineedles 03-09-2020 09:11 AM

Don it was more than a pleasure to know you and QL. I’m sorry to see you move inland, but as you say you’ll be checking in occasionally and for that I’m grateful. Drop me a pm to let me know where you’ll be headed and perhaps we can meet up again sometime in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Skip 03-09-2020 10:33 AM

Thanks for all the years of coverage!

Thank you so much for the webcam....and your many years of enlightening posts. Best of luck to you and Quilt Lady as you settle in to your new home!:)

LakeTimes 03-10-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 327408)
Thanks for your work on the web cam. Regardless of whether we were docking at West Alton, or down in Alton Bay, before heading out, I invariably would check my 3 favorite web cameras for the SE end of the lake; winnipisaukeecam in Alton Bay, Echo Shores in the Minge Cove area, and Snakeyes for the Broads view of Rattlesnake.

Unfortunately I was unaware of the camera until this post.:( None the less, thank you for setting up and maintaining for such a long time! :cheers: Hope you enjoy your new house and the move goes as planned.

That being said, what are the links to the other two cameras you (upthesaukee) are referencing?

If there are other valuable cameras that people use, I'd love to bookmark those so I can reference those throughout the year and before heading out. :D

Update:
After doing some quick Google searching while on conference calls, I found this link to several cameras which many might find valuable. Figured I'd post and listen to what others have to reccomend as well:

http://rattlesnakecam.com/watch.htm

Dad207 03-10-2020 06:42 PM

Thanks

Don: Cannot thank you enough for maintaining the camera all these years-- we live pretty far away, Maryland, and have relied on the Echo Shores Cam to keep us abreast of the changes: fall colors, first ice, snow on Rattlesnake, ice melt, and the first boats on the lake in the spring. I check it out every day from the office, and on a bad day, it reminds me of so many good days in Echo Shores. Good luck wherever your next stage lands you, and thanks again. When I finally move up there, (years from now) maybe I'l be the webcam guy!

Best,

Steve

webmaster 03-10-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC19 (Post 327480)
If there are other valuable cameras that people use, I'd love to bookmark those so I can reference those throughout the year and before heading out. :D

JC, did you see our own WeirsCAM page with thumbnails to 13 other popular webcams around the lake? The WeirsCAM has been running year round for over 20 years.

BroadHopper 03-11-2020 07:11 AM

Thank you for your service Don!

Many of us that reach retirement and are on fixed income can no longer afford the property tax! Mine was a grand a month! I opt to sell and move to lake side condo on Lake Winnisquam and can't be happier. $3K a year, 200' beach, mooring privilege and best of all no outside maintenance for and additional $300 a month! I can actually retire and travel without having to worry about who is minding the place!

Enjoy your Senager years Don!

tis 03-11-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 327517)
Many of us that reach retirement and are on fixed income can no longer afford the property tax! Mine was a grand a month! I opt to sell and move to lake side condo on Lake Winnisquam and can't be happier. $3K a year, 200' beach, mooring privilege and best of all no outside maintenance for and additional $300 a month! I can actually retire and travel without having to worry about who is minding the place!

Enjoy your Senager years Don!

That's what scary as these towns spend and spend. People get sick of, can't justify, or can't pay the taxes and sell. Eventually there might not be new buyers to pay these taxes.

DRH 04-10-2020 09:40 AM

Echo Shores Webcam *Update*

Now that our relocation schedule is firming up, I want to let the many people who visit the Echo Shores Webcam (echoshorescam.com) know that the camera will be going offline approximately May 5.

It has been a pleasure providing the webcam's images to the Forum members over the years, as well as to the general public. Hopefully there will be another webcam in the Minge Cove area at some point in the future.

timnoe 04-10-2020 12:52 PM

Echo Shores Webcam

UPDATE!

The Echo Shores Webcam will remain very much alive. Don and I will work to make this happen over the next 4 weeks. Hope to keep it as reliable and informative as Don's efforts have made it for many years.

Dad207 04-10-2020 08:03 PM

Tim: So happy to hear of this, the webcam is a vital link between us (living in MD) and the Lake. I check it out several times a day, year 'round, always intersting, always a pleasure.

Skippermark 06-12-2020 03:20 PM

Thank you for hosting and maintaining the webcam for all those years. It was truly a great way to check on the lake when we couldn't be up there. Best wishes to you and Quilt Lady!

DRH 06-12-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippermark (Post 336651)
Thank you for hosting and maintaining the webcam for all those years. It was truly a great way to check on the lake when we couldn't be up there. Best wishes to you and Quilt Lady!

Thanks for your nice comment, Skippermark. I think the new Echo Shores webcam is in good hand with timnoe taking over. His view of the lake is excellent!

mcdude 06-12-2020 05:18 PM

This is great news! The legacy lives on :look:

Skippermark 06-12-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRH (Post 336655)
Thanks for your nice comment, Skippermark. I think the new Echo Shores webcam is in good hand with timnoe taking over. His view of the lake is excellent!

I agree! So happy that the webcam will continue. My dream is to be at the lake all the time, but since that's not possible, a webcam is a pretty good alternative. :)

trfour 04-09-2021 04:32 PM

Thank you DRH

1 Attachment(s)
One of my all time favorites, my being a weather Nut, is from Echo Shores.

" Ice Twistah "

The very best to you and Quilt Lady !!!
With Love,
Terry

Senter Cove Guy 04-11-2021 01:24 AM

30 Day Time Lapse

Just watched the 30 day time-lapse video in the slowest speed. Really cool to watch the ice go out in full screen.

Dad207 04-11-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senter Cove Guy (Post 353504)
Just watched the 30 day time-lapse video in the slowest speed. Really cool to watch the ice go out in full screen.

Very cool, thanks fort the advice!