Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ames farm (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22110)

RUGMAN 06-14-2017 05:46 AM

Ames farm
 
Tried going to breakfast last Sunday at Ames farm, person we bumped into said they were closed .anyone know whats going on?

AmesFarmInn 06-14-2017 06:12 AM

Opening Day
 
We open today at 7:30! Our official season for the restaurant is Saturday before Father's Day through Labor Day. We always try to open a few days early to work out the kinks and that date is today :). We look forward to seeing everyone soon!

RTTOOL 06-14-2017 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmesFarmInn (Post 280094)
We open today at 7:30! Our official season for the restaurant is Saturday before Father's Day through Labor Day. We always try to open a few days early to work out the kinks and that date is today :). We look forward to seeing everyone soon!

Great food and nice place to stay :look::liplick:

Slickcraft 07-05-2018 08:30 AM

We had the blueberry pancakes with NH maple syrup this morning; delicious :)

The standard order is 3 pancakes, we went for just 2 each. Even then my wife got a box to take some of hers home and I was almost able to finish my two. They were filled with generous amounts of what looked like the small wild blueberries.

DRH 07-13-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 297148)
We had the blueberry pancakes with NH maple syrup this morning; delicious :)

The standard order is 3 pancakes, we went for just 2 each. Even then my wife got a box to take some of hers home and I was almost able to finish my two. They were filled with generous amounts of what looked like the small wild blueberries.

I did the same thing last Sat. - got two delicious blueberry pancakes at Ames Farm because three are a bit too much for me. You will be hard pressed to find better blueberry pancakes around the lake. And, as Slickcraft mentioned, they serve real maple syrup with them.

gillygirl 07-14-2018 10:26 PM

Back in the 70ís, when UFO sitings were a big thing, Jim Ames said he would greet them with real NH maple syrup if they landed in his field.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

LFOD 07-15-2018 05:22 AM

Docking
 
Is there any docking available if you wish to go to the restaurant by boat?

DRH 07-15-2018 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFOD (Post 297877)
Is there any docking available if you wish to go to the restaurant by boat?

Yes there is limited public docking available. It's been a long time since I went by boat, however, and I don't remember how many boats their public dock can accommodate.

kauriel 07-15-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LFOD (Post 297877)
Is there any docking available if you wish to go to the restaurant by boat?

They post on their Facebook page dock availability for the restaurant: www.facebook.com/AmesFarmInn

Slickcraft 07-15-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kauriel (Post 297894)
They post on their Facebook page dock availability for the restaurant: www.facebook.com/AmesFarmInn


Yes that is how we get there. Docking for several boats. On weekends the dining room fills up shortly after 7:30 am opening so we dock by 7:15. Or it will thin out later.

Slickcraft 09-03-2018 06:25 PM

They served the last breakfast of the season today. We were there in time to be the first to be seated, why yes that table for two by the window would be perfect. Blueberry pancakes, NH maple syrup, view across the lawn and over the lake. Nice way to start Labor Day :liplick:

http://www.amesfarminn.com/restaurant.htm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.