Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Lodge at Smith Point (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24421)

dippasan 05-14-2019 09:39 AM

The Lodge at Smith Point

My wife and I went to The Lodge At Smith Point last Friday night.
We got seated right away in the Tavern. Had cocktails in front of us lickety split.

We had the Portobello Fries and Pesto Muscles for apps. Both were very good.
We split an order of fish Taco's which were also very good.
Service was great, friendly and prompt. Both the owner and the manager introduced themselves at different times.

Very close to the marina, good service, good food, good vibe.

Yup.......we'll be back

Slickcraft 05-14-2019 04:47 PM

Yes I tried the fish tacos at lunch, a very tasty catch.

Rich 06-23-2019 06:58 AM

We had dinner here for the first time on Friday.

I had a Swordfish special. It was very enjoyable, cooked properly (not over cooked) with good flavor. The piece of fish was a bit small for my liking, but no need for a complaint.

Barb had a Salmon dish on their Parpadelle pasta. This was wonderful! I tasted some of her dish also and we both agreed that it was a winner!

Overall it was very good, we will be back.

Descant 06-23-2019 04:06 PM

We too

Also a first for us last Friday, 6/21. We were early (5 pm) and the dining room was quiet for the first 45 minutes or so. The bar sounded busy. Exactly what we wanted, then it started filling up. Time for us to talk, and since we were new, to talk to our waitress (Shaughnessy)about the menu. She was very good. With drinks, we had the Cheese and Charcuterie. Ample for two to share. Could have had that all night. The owner (manager? He didn't specify) stopped to chat, which was a plus. My wife had the Beet Salad with Salmon, and I had the Hanger Steak. Both were excellent. Close to the water, but no view or shorefront, so the only access is by car. Overall, a good experience and we'll go back. Loved the creative menu and specials.

Mr. V 08-31-2019 01:05 PM

I haven't read any comments about this restaurant since June; how are they faring, are they busy and well-received by the public?

Jeanzb1 09-01-2019 07:26 AM

I think they have done very well this summer with all the tourists, but I am not sure that the locals will support a somewhat pricey restaurant with a limited menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

gravy boat 09-01-2019 02:47 PM

Inn At Smith Cove

We went yesterday for apps and cocktails again - been about a dozen times and never disappointed.
We prefer app menu as we like fish tacos, burger, Brussels and generally lighter fare than full blown menu items.
We hope they continue to do well with locals like us.

Slickcraft 09-01-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravy boat (Post 318746)
We went yesterday for apps and cocktails again - been about a dozen times and never disappointed.
We prefer app menu as we like fish tacos, burger, Brussels and generally lighter fare than full blown menu items.

The fish tacos are good

Descant 09-03-2019 11:54 AM

Where?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravy boat (Post 318746)

Gravy Boat, your subject line says "Inn at Smith Cove". We're talking about the Lodge at Smith Point, right?

gravy boat 09-03-2019 04:36 PM

Lodge, not Inn

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 318881)
Gravy Boat, your subject line says "Inn at Smith Cove". We're talking about the Lodge at Smith Point, right?

Thank you for pointing that out.

Jeanzb1 09-29-2019 08:34 AM

Wish they would change out the menu for some new things. It’s been the same eight entrees ever since they opened nine months ago.

Hillcountry 09-29-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 (Post 320288)
Wish they would change out the menu for some new things. It’s been the same eight entrees ever since they opened nine months ago.

Have you tried all eight? :D
Maybe next time make polite suggestion! Businesses like suggestions!

Jeanzb1 09-29-2019 12:56 PM

No, I have not tried all eight! I don’t care for all of them. Do you? Simply wishing they would add more to the menu is not being impolite. And FYI, when Mark has come to chat at our table, we have made suggestions!

Hillcountry 09-29-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanzb1 (Post 320305)
No, I have not tried all eight! I don’t care for all of them. Do you? Simply wishing they would add more to the menu is not being impolite. And FYI, when Mark has come to chat at our table, we have made suggestions!

Lol...never been there. So you have made suggestions and “Mark” hasn’t acted on them...I guess that’s all you can do except go elsewhere?

Phantom 09-30-2019 06:07 AM

Driving back from Alton this past Saturday we were quite shocked to see that the parking lot was almost empty at 6:45pm !

Perhaps many others are tired of the same 8 items??

Winni P 01-21-2020 11:45 AM

Excellent dinner!

We had a fantastic dinner at The Lodge at Smith Point this past weekend. We had Pretzel Bites, Pigs in a Blanket (wild boar sausage), Brussell Sprouts, Fish Tacos, Stuffed Pork Loin, Fishmongers Carbonara, Sliders and Short Ribs. Everything was delicious. They have a great craft beer selection and great specialty cocktails.

They were also advertising Apres Ski specials 4-6p - a great option when the pubs at Gunstock are packed.

Call of the Isle 02-02-2020 08:25 AM

The Lodge at Smith Point

My husband & I visited for his birthday on the 25th. Sat in the tavern where there were a bunch of friendly people at the bar. Arrived just before 5 so not yet busy. Waitress & bartender very friendly. Owner stopped by part way through our meal. Drinks were good, not “measured.” Appetizer was pretzel bits which the chef has been developing. Crisp not hard on the outside, soft & buttery on the inside, with 3-cheese and mustard mix sauces. I could have eaten them all night! Dinner was great hamburger for my husband and butternut squash ravioli for me. DELICIOUS! I had to have dessert: banana bread with cranberries fried in tempura with vanilla ice cream in adjoining bowl (nice touch so it didn’t melt) & homemade whipped cream. I rolled out of there! Must say, waitress was friendly and attentive and MOST accommodating about the bill (she’ll know what I mean!). We’ll be back soon, with our friend who uses a wheelchair as their ramp looks great and double door is a plus.