Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Carpet Cleaner (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24818)

Jesslindsmom 08-04-2019 04:41 PM

Carpet Cleaner

Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaner for the Gilford area please?

8gv 08-04-2019 08:18 PM

We used King of Klean and were satisfied with the result.

DesertDweller 08-05-2019 09:10 AM

We used All Brite. Pretty sure they are in Gilford. I was pretty much convinced we were going to have to replace the carpet in a few rooms when we bought our house but they did a great job and still have the carpet in those rooms to this day.

Woody38 08-05-2019 09:39 AM

Commercial carpet cleaners do not clean your carpet. Their process is to deposit chemical which you then pick up when vacuuming. I once asked the person doing the job and he said it will clean when you vacuum.
I purchased a Hoover carpet shanpoo machine which picks up the solution and dirt. I also purchased a Crosswave from Bissell specifically for a tile floor. This machine is easy to operate and will clean carpet, wood and tile floors. It is fantastic. That tile floor with many crevices in it has never been so clean. Works well on carpet and wood floors also.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

dpg 08-05-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 316744)
Commercial carpet cleaners do not clean your carpet. Their process is to deposit chemical which you then pick up when vacuuming. I once asked the person doing the job and he said it will clean when you vacuum.

Huh?? So when they roll out their machines with disgusting looking water in it what's that?

Woody38 08-08-2019 07:43 PM

I never saw one remove any water. They take their tool and lay down whatever. Was told the dirt would come up when we vacuumed. My Hoover and Cross Wave deposit and pick up the dirt. Also less $. Though i do not know the charge today, back when, it was like $39 per room. I now only have to purchase the liquid for carpet, tile or wood. But then also have to provide the labor. I work inexpensively.

Hillcountry 08-08-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg (Post 316749)
Huh?? So when they roll out their machines with disgusting looking water in it what's that?

That’s steam cleaning as opposed to chemical cleaning (like dry cleaning I imagine)

TiltonBB 08-09-2019 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody38 (Post 316744)
Commercial carpet cleaners do not clean your carpet. Their process is to deposit chemical which you then pick up when vacuuming.________________________________________

I have never heard of the process you mention. I have never hired a professional carpet cleaner who did not leave the carpets significantly cleaner than when they arrived.

I use New England Carpet from Gilford. They steam clean with commercial equipment much more powerful than anything a homeowner would have access to.

(603) 524-8264