Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Cabinet companies in the region? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27782)

codeman671 02-22-2022 03:19 PM

Cabinet companies in the region?

Looking for a local cabinet company to quote our kitchen. We have a design already complete that we are happy with. Any suggestions?

radioman 02-22-2022 05:36 PM

cabinet

we have used Dumont from Meredith ask to see pics

John Mercier 02-22-2022 06:10 PM

Paul Fleming & Sons.

TiltonBB 02-22-2022 08:34 PM

I have used Kitchen Encounters for several kitchens. Connie Grant, the owner, is excellent and the prices have been very fair.

The office is located on Route 3 diagonally across from Tamarack. She and her husband are local people and easy to work with.

https://www.kitchenencountersnh.com/

joey2665 02-22-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 367615)
I have used Kitchen Encounters for several kitchens. Connie Grant, the owner, is excellent and the prices have been very fair.

The office is located on Route 3 diagonally across from Tamarack. She and her husband are local people and easy to work with.

https://www.kitchenencountersnh.com/

I used them for my new build 4 years ago. They did an awesome job. Couldn’t be happier

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

DBreskin 02-22-2022 09:26 PM

We just put in a new kitchen with cabinets purchased from All About Kitchens in Wolfeboro and were very pleased with the outcome.

If you want cabinets built locally, try Zarse Custom Cabinetry in Wolfeboro.

Slickcraft 02-23-2022 06:54 AM

Another vote for Kitchen Encounters. In our case it was granite counter tops. Connie is great to work with. She is also an island resident.

Alan

codeman671 02-23-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 367630)
Another vote for Kitchen Encounters. In our case it was granite counter tops. Connie is great to work with. She is also an island resident.

Alan

I did reach out to her yesterday at the recommendation of Dan. He had great luck with them.

NH.Solar 02-23-2022 02:15 PM

I'd suggest contacting Michael Kender at Timberhawk if you are looking for custom cabinets made to your design

TheProfessor 02-23-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 367597)
Looking for a local cabinet company to quote our kitchen.

Both Belletetes Lumber and Middleton Lumber have dedicated kitchen designers for cabinets. Can get all sorts of different sizes and different wood materials. With low, medium, and high quality.

Or are you seeking a local cabinet maker who makes cabinets one board at a time?

Two different worlds and not clear by the posting.

codeman671 02-23-2022 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheProfessor (Post 367649)
Both Belletetes Lumber and Middleton Lumber have dedicated kitchen designers for cabinets. Can get all sorts of different sizes and different wood materials. With low, medium, and high quality.

Or are you seeking a local cabinet maker who makes cabinets one board at a time?

Two different worlds and not clear by the posting.

I do not need custom built by a cabinet maker.

winni83 02-23-2022 04:16 PM

When we built our new house in 2012 to 2013 we used Sam Gamblin at Ashland Lumber (Belletetes) with great results for our kitchen cabinets, island and counter tops.

John Mercier 02-23-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 367651)
I do not need custom built by a cabinet maker.

Then you could just use the design functions of various local outlets.
I was under the impression that you had a kitchen plan, but need cabinets built in a shop. Paul Fleming does them for Lavalleys Bristol, and Rick Thieme used to do them for Middleton Meredith... but Dumont is very well known in Meredith.

Designers will arrange for the cabinets to be bought from either one of the national cabinet manufacturers, or if custom, from a local cabinet maker. They also will arrange for the various outlets that provide specialized counter tops, flooring, back splashes, hardware, etc.

TheTimeTraveler 02-23-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Looking for a local cabinet company to quote our kitchen. We have a design already complete that we are happy with. Any suggestions?

Check with both Lowe's and Home Depot. I am confident that they will be happy to provide you with a quote.

They have some very cheap fiber board cabinetry to expensive solid wood cabinetry and everything in between.

They do stand behind their products (and workmanship) and you know they'll still be in business if you have any issues during or after the process.

John Mercier 02-23-2022 11:31 PM

So will all the others.
Lowes and Home Depot sells from the same cabinet manufacturers.

TheProfessor 02-28-2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

We have a design already complete that we are happy with. Any suggestions?

Have designed, purchased, and installed multiple kitchens.

Best to do some research. Many of those "pretty" cabinets have paper sides. Particle shelves. That just love to soak up water/moisture.

Then read up on drawers. Stapled or glued or dovetailed. Real wood or pressed sawdust.

Have one kitchen - 35 years old - with laminate cabinets (Formica/Wilsonart). Still looks new.

And then the hardware. Varies greatly.

John Mercier 02-28-2022 10:26 PM

Most of the cabinet makers now have multiple product lines.

beagle 03-01-2022 09:12 PM

on the other side of the state

We have used Crownpoint in our house in CT and have been very happy with both the quality and also customer service. Several years after an install in the kids bathroom we noticed some paint chipping off near the shower. They came out, took the door back to match the color and a week later brought us a new door. They now have a semi custom line called Crown Select that is less expensive than the custom line. Last time we used them however they were booked kind of far out. Send them an email and check them out.

codeman671 03-07-2022 01:35 PM

We ended up going full custom with Cedar Crest out of Manchester. They build in house, as well as rep a few other lines. Going custom was definitely more, but I am paying for the convenience factor as well.

When we did our island last year using a Lowes cabinet, we had a few damaged pieces. They were quick to get things to us, but it was still a few weeks. With Cedar Crest, if anything shows up not to our liking they can remanufacture it on a 24 hour turnaround and deliver next day to our home.

They were full package. Cabinets, countertops, sink, custom hood install with blower, backsplash, etc.