Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Weirs The Beef! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9983)

Woodsy 05-24-2010 08:52 AM

Weirs The Beef!

Weirs The Beef is back! They officially reopened in the building that used to house the Weirs Country Store! Absolutely AWESOME subs and sandwiches! The Roast Beef sandwiches rock!

Tell them Woodsy sent ya!

Woodsy

texas chopper 05-25-2010 05:20 AM

Weirs the Beef

We went there on Saturday for lunch. It was just like I remembered, awesome. We all had super beefs with cheese and sauce. The grilled (lightly toased) onion roll is a perfect touch for the Super Beef. By far the best rb sandwich in the lakes region.

weim2 05-25-2010 06:46 AM

Weirs the beef--forever

We had a WONDERFUL sub there the other day. The day they opened and all was perfect. Glad to have Tommy back!!!:)

SIKSUKR 05-25-2010 09:48 AM

Is the old Weirs country store next to Donna Jeans?

Overlake97 05-25-2010 02:51 PM

Country Store?

Yes, please remind us: Where was the Old Country Store, and thus the new Weirs the Beef? I'm somewhat -> :confused:

Rattlesnake Guy 05-25-2010 05:04 PM

When you stand at the famous Weirs sign and look north up the Weirs blvd with the train on the right, Weirs the beef is the building that looks like it is built in the middle of the street. (Just past the pier)

trfour 05-25-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy (Post 128221)
When you stand at the famous Weirs sign and look north up the Weirs blvd with the train on the right, Weirs the beef is the building that looks like it is built in the middle of the street. (Just past the pier)

Do you mean Lakeside Ave? :confused:

I'm in Dallas/ Forth Worth right now and am having trouble finding this place myself. :D :look:

Janet 05-26-2010 06:03 AM

trfour

I'm lost in Plano!

WeirsBeachBoater 05-26-2010 07:10 AM

Lakeside Ave. Just past the Gringo and the Paradise. Weirs the Beef is on the right. Can't miss it, look for all the smiling faces and full stomachs!

Winni-Retired 05-26-2010 09:21 AM

small world

Janet / Trfour

I use to work for a company that had it's IT operations at Spring Creek and the corporate offices at LBJ and 75

maryjane 05-26-2010 09:36 AM

Weirs the Beef

Glad your back Tommy, have a great... summer
:liplick:

mets3007 05-26-2010 10:40 AM

I think its the store right after the boardwalk up the hill going towards the Weirs Hotel.

trfour 05-26-2010 04:04 PM

Janet, Hi Neighbor...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 128257)
I'm lost in Plano!

Not to worry, RG says Plano is just up the road from trfour's, Y'all will find it...

:) Terry

Bigstan 05-26-2010 08:06 PM

Wasn't this the bbq place? Or is this a different entity in the same place?

trfour 05-26-2010 09:46 PM

Wow, Another Good Kid Steps Up To The Plate...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy (Post 128358)
Sorry,
Never give directions when you have the street name wrong.

OH MAN, tell me about it!
One of my many jobs, was a Mechanic for Leaseway of New England, more money was welcomed, home based in Beantown where we had over a 1000 registered trucks in Boston proper, and tons more beyond that! I'd get there in the afternoon, jump into my service truck and head out with a list of service orders to correct any deficiencies that occurred. I was also on call for any breakdowns and had to go back to the shop on occasion and break out what we affectionately named "Big Birtha". An old Mack Thermodyne gas powered tractor with a Big Ben fastened to the fifth wheel. A hydraulic towing apparatus.
One day, oh and was it ever hot, one of our Columbia Gem meat products trucks broke down in the South Station Tunnel during rush hour. I can attest that the exhaust fans in that there tunnel were grossly inadequate, as I dang near died fighting traffic, hookin it up and getting it out of there.

To make a loooong story short. Besides my dispatcher being dyslectic in his interpretation for directions, for my locating in the BOSTON area, I was equipped with a mobile phone so I told the dispatcher very early on to just give me the truck driver's phone #.

Worked for me! :)
2010 and movin on

WeirsBeachBoater 05-27-2010 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy (Post 128358)
Sorry,
Never give directions when you have the street name wrong.

RG, That is not correct. Next Store up... Past the Footbridge over the RR Tracks. Used to be the Weirs Beach General Store.

dykg 05-27-2010 11:17 AM

Is it the old Superette Store?

Overlake97 05-27-2010 12:39 PM

And the correct answer is....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigstan (Post 128370)
Wasn't this the bbq place? Or is this a different entity in the same place?

Bigstan is right, the place in Rattlesnakes Guy's picture IS still the BBQ place (Smoke Shack). WeirsBeachBoater wins the prize: Weirs the Beef is in the former Weir's Beach General Store, just past Crazy Gringo. I just drove by there; they have a Grand Opening sign out. :)

mets3007 05-27-2010 02:28 PM

I had the place right and I go there only in the summer lol.

Lucky1 05-27-2010 05:20 PM

Got me to thinking or our Weirs outing with the kids in the drizzle last summer. I remember an ice cream place sort of in the area you all are talking about so bet it will be in that area. It did seem like it was in the middle of the street.

Let's all hope for a sunny summer so Weirs will thrive! Hope we had all of our rain already with the awful spring rains. Our land is eroded by the sand wanting to get to the house! I have to smile everytime a thread starts about some who want to add sand to their beaches. It comes right to this house!

Rattlesnake Guy 05-27-2010 10:07 PM

I concede you are correct.

garysanfran 06-05-2010 03:56 PM

Great Subs! Weirs the Beef...Fantastic!

Been twice. If I were asked where and when I have had a better Italian sub or pastrami sub?, I could not answer the question...Best I've had anywhere! My brother thought the chicken parm sub was the best he had ever had and my mother loved the chicken salad with all white meat, freshly roasted chicken. Weirs the Beef is fantastic! You can get there by boat. I'll be visiting this place often.

Irrigation Guy 06-05-2010 05:55 PM

Hate to say it as I support the opening of a new small business, but my super beef the other day was less than super. IMHO it should have had a lot more beef and be warm to be called a super beef($6.50). The roll was large though.

The mushroom burger special ordered at the same time was enjoyed but the french fry quantity was smallish at best.

I will give it one more try and hope they do well.

Rattlesnake Gal 06-07-2010 06:24 PM

Weirs the Beef - So Clever of a Name!

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1275952925

This picture was taken back on May 9th. Obviously they are open now.

pah 06-10-2010 07:55 AM

I went to Walmart yesterday, On the way home to Meredith, I stopped at Weirs the beef, bought a 12" steak and cheese sub with onions and mushrooms to go.
It was the best steak and cheese I have had in NH.

Waterbaby 06-11-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dykg (Post 128408)
Is it the old Superette Store?

Judging by RG's photo that is exactly where it is......... Funny you should say Superette, I never knew it was called that but NH Chronicle did a show tonight on the history of Bike Week/Weekend/Week through the ages and it showed the building with the Superette sign on it, lol.

trfour 06-11-2010 11:06 PM

Quit Stick'in Up For RG, RG...

I'm quoting Rattlesnake Guy again here.

Quote:

"When you stand at the famous "Weirs sign" and look north up the Weirs blvd with the train on the right, Weirs the beef is the building that looks like it is built in the middle of the street. (Just past the pier) "
Now, forgive me for having corrective vision at my age, 20/20. And yup, I just so happen to be in Dallas/Fort Worth at this time.

R Guy, If you can see Weirs the Beef from the Weirs Sign, I for one would love to see a picture of that! Now I'm talking line of sight over here, not an aerial photo. :D

Love
Terry

MaidenCove07 07-13-2010 11:38 PM

Actually it was called "George's Superette" and it was the most amazing butcher ever back in the day when you could get your hamburger fresh ground!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waterbaby (Post 130008)
Judging by RG's photo that is exactly where it is......... Funny you should say Superette, I never knew it was called that but NH Chronicle did a show tonight on the history of Bike Week/Weekend/Week through the ages and it showed the building with the Superette sign on it, lol.

pwdcrownies 07-20-2010 06:06 PM

Is the Weirs so big that so many people are lost???

jr616 07-21-2010 11:50 AM

Stopped in for lunch a few weeks ago b/c you guys said it was good - it was not what I liked.
I like my RB to be more rare and have some flavor - this sandwich did not. I asked if they had onion rolls when I ordered (b/c that just makes a RB sandwich rock) they did not do onion rolls.
The FF were good - but not enough to make me go back.
Sorry gang I give it the thumbs down - for my liking at least.

sa meredith 07-21-2010 01:54 PM

agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr616 (Post 133680)
Stopped in for lunch a few weeks ago b/c you guys said it was good - it was not what I liked.
I like my RB to be more rare and have some flavor - this sandwich did not. I asked if they had onion rolls when I ordered (b/c that just makes a RB sandwich rock) they did not do onion rolls.
The FF were good - but not enough to make me go back.
Sorry gang I give it the thumbs down - for my liking at least.

Wasn't going to say anything...but I went a few weeks back, and have to say...I agree very much with your post.
I expected something along the lines of Harrison's RB in North Andover, the old Reilly's RB in Lawrence, or Kelly's in Revere...and it missed the mark. I, too, ask for an onion roll...no go. And, although the sandwich was good, it was certainly not on par with these other fine RB shops.
It is, however, very convenient for someone rolling out of Crazy Gringos after a few margs, looking for a quick bite. For that reason alone, I'll be going back.

weim2 08-02-2010 07:55 AM

Massachusetts Food

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa meredith (Post 133696)
Wasn't going to say anything...but I went a few weeks back, and have to say...I agree very much with your post.
I expected something along the lines of Harrison's RB in North Andover, the old Reilly's RB in Lawrence, or Kelly's in Revere...and it missed the mark. I, too, ask for an onion roll...no go. And, although the sandwich was good, it was certainly not on par with these other fine RB shops.
It is, however, very convenient for someone rolling out of Crazy Gringos after a few margs, looking for a quick bite. For that reason alone, I'll be going back.

Weirs The Beef is the best. Have been there many times and all was excellent! If you think Mass Food is so good, just keep going South. As for "rolling" out of Gringo's, you better have a DD.:laugh:

ironhorsetim 08-02-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr616 (Post 133680)
I asked if they had onion rolls when I ordered (b/c that just makes a RB sandwich rock) they did not do onion rolls.

That's odd because I've been there about 1/2 dozen times and the 3 or 4 times I ordered the super beef it came on a toasted onion roll...... :confused:

Bigstan 08-02-2010 10:30 AM

Onion roll

An onion roll normally is part of any super beef (though not smaller sizes), though if you ask for one it should certainly be optional........

weim2 08-03-2010 09:30 AM

What is "normal"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigstan (Post 135006)
An onion roll normally is part of any super beef (though not smaller sizes), though if you ask for one it should certainly be optional........

Who made that rule of onion rolls? Normal is a subjective term.:coolsm:

Bigstan 08-03-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weim2 (Post 135165)
Who made that rule of onion rolls? Normal is a subjective term.:coolsm:

True, I would call it normal if one is used to seeing the same thing wherever they go. Of course there are regional preferences, but in N. MA I have had to skip Super Beefs as I can't stand onion rolls (medium beefs only for me). But everywhere (by that I mean the 5 or 6 RB places we have by us) defaults to an onion roll on Super Beefs.

Not to say it's a law, but it seems pretty universal down here. I wouldn't say to call 911 if you don't get one, but RB and onion rolls seem to go hand in hand.

Now, if horseradish isn't offered as a condiment I would certainly call shenanigans.

jr616 08-03-2010 01:25 PM

Onion roll aside the beef just had very little flavor. I will give it a second chance b/c that is what i would normally do anyway but I am not optimistic.

If it happens to be while rolling out of the Gringo I will be sure to scale my tasting experience & expectations. :coolsm:

pats fan 08-03-2010 05:58 PM

Always got an onion roll

I am very surprised to hear that some people have not gotten an onion roll with their roast beef sandwich. I have been there about 3, maybe 4 times and had the roast beef sandwich every time. It always came on an onion roll even without my asking. I actually commented the first time that I was surprised that they did not ask first if I wanted an onion roll. I loved it on onion roll and will always get it that way. I only got the roast beef the first time (usually a chicken salad eater) because someone I was with had already had one and said it was the best they ever had. I don't know if onion rolls are the norm with roast beef but I loved it. The owner, a big, muscley, kind of scary looking, althought handsome guy, was a powder puff! He was very sweet and very funny. I look forward to going back just to joke with him again. Don't let his muscles and tatoos scare you. He is very sweet!

tommy mack 08-19-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LocalRealtor (Post 129235)
Hate to say it as I support the opening of a new small business, but my super beef the other day was less than super. IMHO it should have had a lot more beef and be warm to be called a super beef($6.50). The roll was large though.

The mushroom burger special ordered at the same time was enjoyed but the french fry quantity was smallish at best.

I will give it one more try and hope they do well.

when you order a small fry.what size should it be? you need a loan?

Chimi 08-19-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy mack (Post 137299)

Now that is funny! (and I'm hungry).

tommy mack 08-19-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jr616 (Post 135220)
Onion roll aside the beef just had very little flavor. I will give it a second chance b/c that is what i would normally do anyway but I am not optimistic.

If it happens to be while rolling out of the Gringo I will be sure to scale my tasting experience & expectations. :coolsm:

wtb cooks their beefs daily..come in and try it again...you must not have brushed your tooth that day....kidden,,come in please

Irrigation Guy 08-19-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

when you order a small fry.what size should it be?

Nice wise crack. Obviously your place. The mushroom burger special said with fries. It should have said with 10 fries I guess.

No comment on the less than super size for a super beef? or the cold roast beef which is suprising since as you say you cook them daily. Did it cool off already by lunchtime?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy mack (Post 137390)
wtb cooks their beefs daily..

tommy mack 08-19-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LocalRealtor (Post 137391)
Nice wise crack. Obviously your place. The mushroom burger special said with fries. It should have said with 10 fries I guess.

No comment on the less than super size for a super beef? or the cold roast beef which is suprising since as you say you cook them daily. Did it cool off already by lunchtime?

i know its tough for you realtors...so please go back to mickey dees and super size your fries...my customers come back and love what we do...bye bye....people like you ruin the forum...

Mr. V 08-19-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy mack (Post 137395)
i know its tough for you realtors...so please go back to mickey dees and super size your fries...my customers come back and love what we do...bye bye....people like you ruin the forum...

And it's owners like you that drive a stake into the heart of your restaurant.

I hope you are better at cooking than you are at customer appreciation, but based on your 'tude I'll never find out.

Open mouth, insert foot ...

RI Swamp Yankee 08-19-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Ouch! a bit severe :(

quagmire 08-20-2010 07:50 AM

Sunday hours

I went to the Weirs last Sunday hoping to try one of the roast beef sandwhiches. Alas, it was closed at 6pm. The sign in the window with the hours said Sunday 11 to close. Apparently they close whenever they want on Sunday. All the other restaurants were still open and there was still a pretty good crowd there. I guess they don't need the business that badly.

SIKSUKR 08-20-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

people like you ruin the forum...

Wow,you seem to contribute your share as well.:(

sa meredith 08-20-2010 10:57 AM

Can' hold my tongue

Quote:

Sorry...I can't stay off this one...
Tommy...I find your posts to be rude and offensive. I mean, asking someone who ordered a small fry if they need a loan? Are you serious???!!!
People come on this forum to write about their experiences at your place, myself included, and you can't accept the fact that not everyone loves it, so you fire away with sarcasm? Very childish, to be sure.
Telling someone to go back to Micky Dees? Really???
Sorry...but although you have pretty good sandwiches, they do not measure up to the standard of places like Kelley's or Harrison's.
As for someone ruining the forum...for you, I suggest a quick crash course in the use of proper grammer, and punctuation before posting again. Also, perhaps a new keyboard with a functioning CAPS button, so you can properly type "I", not "i".
For me... I have spent my last dollar at WTB. I'm sure this is the case for many others.

gtagrip 08-20-2010 11:11 AM

I've been no angel on this forum at times, but to post something like that as a business owner, yikes!

VtSteve 08-20-2010 11:22 AM

I concur. Buy an ad on the forum and leave well enough alone.

BTW, I've never thought there was so much involved in roast beef sandwiches. I don't believe I've ever had one with an onion roll.

Either way, good food is good food, and I used to eat Deli in NYC. So the personality of the chef or owner never entered my mind when ordering :laugh:

Happy Gourmand 08-20-2010 12:07 PM

Soup Nazi....

Maybe we have a Roast Beef Nazi? ( A la Seinfeld)

Jersey Bob 08-20-2010 02:33 PM

weirs the beef

Quote:

me thinks this might be a troll with an agenda.
If not he might be out of business real soon.

TiltonBB 08-20-2010 05:26 PM

Good sandwich!

I have eaten at Weirs the Beef several times. I usually get the super beef and the onion rolls make them even better. The food is great and the owner is a nice guy too. He is sarcastic and quick witted but I enjoy the banter.

If you are very sensitive you might take offense, but you shouldn't. He is a very well known "local" who actually did stone work on the statue that is beside the Weirs Channel. He also did the stone work on the lighthouse located in the miniature golf course beside the channel. He has been in this area for a very long time. He is a highly regarded member of the Weirs Beach community and remember, when all of the tourists are gone this is a very small community!

All of the local business owners know him well and enjoy his sense of humor. He is quite a character!

tommy mack 08-20-2010 08:03 PM

u guys r easy

i knew i could get yous guys going...your easy...........do u want fries with that?

tommy mack 08-20-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand (Post 137470)
Maybe we have a Roast Beef Nazi? ( A la Seinfeld)

no beef for you!

tommy mack 08-20-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jersey bob (Post 137492)
me thinks this might be a troll with an agenda.
If not he might be out of business real soon.

doubt it......

VitaBene 08-20-2010 09:36 PM

Locals

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 137507)
I have eaten at Weirs the Beef several times. I usually get the super beef and the onion rolls make them even better. The food is great and the owner is a nice guy too. He is sarcastic and quick witted but I enjoy the banter.

If you are very sensitive you might take offense, but you shouldn't. He is a very well known "local" who actually did stone work on the statue that is beside the Weirs Channel. He also did the stone work on the lighthouse located in the miniature golf course beside the channel. He has been in this area for a very long time. He is a highly regarded member of the Weirs Beach community and remember, when all of the tourists are gone this is a very small community!

All of the local business owners know him well and enjoy his sense of humor. He is quite a character!

Sorry but the people he is "joking" with are locals too.

pondguy 08-21-2010 07:30 AM

my 2 cents

I always go back for the best chicken supreme in the state. Keep up the great work Tommy. Could i get half fries and half onion rings.........please:liplick:

pondguy 08-21-2010 07:37 AM

my 3 cents

may second choice is a JR beef and a small franchise:laugh:

NoBozo 08-21-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy mack (Post 137518)
no beef for you!

:D :D :D Tommy, I think TiltonBB is right. I like your sense of humor. Maybe some people should try and smile more often. :D NB

VtSteve 08-21-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBozo (Post 137561)
:D :D :D Tommy, I think TiltonBB is right. I like your sense of humor. Maybe some people should try and smile more often. :D NB

He's a lot funnier than most on the restaurant threads. No more contentious forums on the site. Some of you more serious eaters should go over to the boating forum and cool off a bit :laugh:

Just reading this thread made me go out for a RB sandwich yesterday in Montpelier at the Co-Op. Beautiful, rare roast beef (which I like cold), on oat nut bread with mayo and lettuce. That's the way I like it. It was great.

I'll definitely have to visit Tommy and order a sandwich there, and yes, I'll try the silly onion roll :eek: Maybe I'll be a convert. I don't eat fires anymore, prefer chips. I'll be sure to brush my tooth before I go :laugh:

WeirsBeachBoater 08-21-2010 08:01 PM

I have to jump in on this one..

I have known Tom for 15+yrs. I have been a fan of his RB sandwiches for as long. His humor probably doesn't translate well on the internet forum, But to know him is to love him. You have to be around him in person, straight shooter, and everyone around him is laughing and smiling. Give Weirs the Beef a shot, you will be back for seconds!

VtSteve 08-21-2010 09:28 PM

Why is it, that I seem to understand Tommy's humor?

:D

chipj29 08-21-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quagmire (Post 137427)
I went to the Weirs last Sunday hoping to try one of the roast beef sandwhiches. Alas, it was closed at 6pm. The sign in the window with the hours said Sunday 11 to close. Apparently they close whenever they want on Sunday. All the other restaurants were still open and there was still a pretty good crowd there. I guess they don't need the business that badly.

I have always been curious about those signs that some places post. Open Sunday 11 to close. Really? You are open until you close? ;)

A bit of advice for the restaurant (and other places) owners out there. Pick your hours, and go with it. People like consistency. If you say you will be open until 8PM, stay open until that time. Saying that you are staying open until you close is like me saying that I am going to stay awake until I fall asleep.

MaidenCove07 08-22-2010 02:01 PM

It's not just Roast Beef either

The Steak and Cheese is AWESOME too.
Dunno what they season the meat with, but WOW, the flavor is something special. I've had it as is and one with peppers, onions and mushrooms and can't choose a favorite. Now when I go, I flip a coin for RB or S&C, then again for with or w/o veggies.
The Sunday random closing time is my only gripe cuz by the time we get off the water and get cleaned up, we've been too late to catch them open.

(Always had my RB on an onion roll, by the way. Maybe they were sold out of them when the others went?)

nvtngtxpyr 08-23-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal (Post 129419)

Weirs the Beef - So Clever of a Name.

If you're not of a certain age, you won't get the joke. That commercial must have aired over 20 years ago.

NoBozo 08-23-2010 02:36 PM

January 10, 1984

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvtngtxpyr (Post 137755)
If you're not of a certain age, you won't get the joke. That commercial must have aired over 20 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where%27s_the_beef%3F

jrc 08-23-2010 08:08 PM

Gary Hart, a true boater, gave up a chance to be president to have a little Monkey Business.

ronc4424 08-29-2010 08:02 AM

Weirs the Beef....

:liplick:Because of all the controversy surrounding Weirs the Beef, the wife and I decided to give it a try. We both got RB sandwiches and had no complaints whatsoever. We even got to meet the aformentioned tuff guy Tommy Mack. He's really not that tuff, he couldn't twist the cap off Nancy's Pepsi. All joking aside, the food, cleanliness and crew were right on. They will be our Bill & Bob fix while here for the summer.

dragonfly03246 09-18-2010 06:27 PM

Closed on a Saturday night. Supposedly they closed at 3PM and both the phone numbers they have on the internet are disconnected. :confused:

karen47 09-19-2010 11:33 AM

weirs the beef

my wife and I were just down at weirs the beef and got our rb sandwiches, as always very good. there phones must have not been working because of the fire. they are very much open

tommy mack 09-21-2010 01:49 PM

WEIRS THE BEEF is open daily 11 to 3.....phone is 366-2227 thru the end of oct........then the beef man will do his masonry business til his beef freezes then off to Fla for the winter......reopen april.....

Joe Kerr 09-22-2010 09:55 PM

Weirs the Beef. Not bad but not the best either.

I tried Weirs the Beef a few times this summer. I found it to be okay but not up in the top 5 of the best roast beef sandwiches I've ever had.

There is no comparison to Kelley's of Revere Beach fame in my opinion.

I went back for more so I liked it but I wish it was better.

Kelley's has a nice toasted bun for it's RB with no added sauce, it is moist without oozing juices down my hand or getting the bun all soggy like the Weirs the Beef RB. I couldn't tell if WTB bun was even toasted it was so soggy.

The steak and cheese subs were also just OK. Mine included onions but some of the fried onion pieces were onion peel and not edible. I tried some of their horseradish sauce on one of my sandwiches and it was not very good IMO.

I also noted in August that they sometimes closed earlier than their posted hours. Not just a few minutes early but a few hours early and not just one time.

I'm being critical as this is a review. I will go back again but not as often as I would if it were Kelley's.

weim2 09-26-2010 06:27 AM

Tommy's the BEST

If you Mass people think the food there is so great well just stay there. There is no comparison. Weirs Beach is absolutly beautiful, clean and safe and there is no place where you can get better service or RB:liplick: than with Tommy. We love him here and are so very happy Weirs The Beef is back.

ILoveWinnipesaukee 09-26-2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trfour (Post 128236)
Do you mean Lakeside Ave? :confused:

I'm in Dallas/ Forth Worth right now and am having trouble finding this place myself. :D :look:

Where about in Dallas/Fort Worth? I am going to visit my brother in Arlington in 3 weeks to see my new Grand Niece.

The Weirs Blvd. is so familiar and the buildings do not change, sometimes the names change. Maybe this will help, as you are driving down the blvd, when you have to jog a little to the left, I believe that is where they are saying this is.

ILoveWinnipesaukee 09-26-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 137507)

I read his post and actually laughed, I saw the humor in it. He was not being mean but funny. I guess laughter has lost its place at times.

vmartino26 09-27-2010 03:24 AM

My wife and I were up over the weekend. We won't be back until early November. We had our "fix" of Weirs the Beef rb sandwiches before heading home. Wonderful as usual. I do hope they return next year.

I'm always amused when I see someone write that Weirs the Beef isn't as good as Kelley's in Revere. I love Kelley's. They have a delicious rb sandwich. But guess what? Their not in Weirs Beach. Weirs the Beef puts out a really delicious rb sandwich. That's what I use to measure whether I go back to an establishment or not.

So, Tommy, enjoy your winter in Florida. I look forward to seeing you next year!

weim2 09-27-2010 11:45 AM

Tommy next year

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmartino26 (Post 140591)
My wife and I were up over the weekend. We won't be back until early November. We had our "fix" of Weirs the Beef rb sandwiches before heading home. Wonderful as usual. I do hope they return next year.

I'm always amused when I see someone write that Weirs the Beef isn't as good as Kelley's in Revere. I love Kelley's. They have a delicious rb sandwich. But guess what? Their not in Weirs Beach. Weirs the Beef puts out a really delicious rb sandwich. That's what I use to measure whether I go back to an establishment or not.

So, Tommy, enjoy your winter in Florida. I look forward to seeing you next year!

Yes Tommy will be back next yr if he stays away from those alligators. You should see how close his boat comes to them. He might be swimming with them this year, thinks they are friendly. Yeah Tommy we love ya:)

RANGER CANOE CO 09-30-2010 01:10 PM

Good stuff at wtb

TOMMY AINT MUCH TO LOOK AT :D. BUT THE THE FOOD ROCKS.:cheers: Who counts their FF's.......:eek2:

pondguy 10-05-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RANGER CANOE CO (Post 140884)
TOMMY AINT MUCH TO LOOK AT :D. BUT THE THE FOOD ROCKS.:cheers: Who counts their FF's.......:eek2:

Ya it does, Thanks! for the great lunches this summer Tommy.:liplick:

DJJ71 10-05-2010 03:54 PM

The best Beef...

Its the best...keep up the awesome job :)

Bigstan 10-05-2010 10:08 PM

Really?

I love these petty things :)

We continue to have questionable contributions on multiple threads from this owner/contributer, and have multiple folks chiming in to either voice displeasure or (less often) to offer token defense.

After each criticle post there are numerous defenders with single digit post histories that chime in randomly that WTB is the best.......in the WTB thread that is, not the thread where the criticism originates. In the recent past there were certain 'gramatical similarities' in these posts, if you get me.

I dont discredit posters strictly because they are new, but that many in so short a time on the same topic? Please........

Who needs a map drawn? I'll call Bizer if you like....

tommy mack 10-06-2010 06:11 PM

free beef sandwich

Wtb...is giving free roast beef sandwiches monday of labor day weekend...no purchase necceserey.....11 to we run out...donations are welcome but not expected...all proceeds go to cancer treatments to a girl from the looney bin...come by and try our beef...please stop by...free

CGI3 10-06-2010 06:57 PM

That Tommy Mack don't seem like such a bad guy after all. I am assuming it is one of the bartenders at the Looney Bin??

Shreddy 10-06-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy mack (Post 141382)
Wtb...is giving free roast beef sandwiches monday of labor day weekend...no purchase necceserey.....11 to we run out...donations are welcome but not expected...all proceeds go to cancer treatments to a girl from the looney bin...come by and try our beef...please stop by...free

Columbus Day Weekend? :confused:

gtagrip 10-07-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

I've marked my calendar for Labor Day 2011!:rolleye2::laugh:

Lakepilot 10-07-2010 06:23 PM

If the sandwiches are free and donations aren't expected, which proceeds are being given to the girl??

Bigstan 10-07-2010 10:05 PM

ok

Quote:

Be fair - donations are not required. The hope is that people are basically kind and will donate after receiving something for free. However - why collect 10-11 months ahead of schedule for cancer treatments that (i hope) are happening today is beyond me.

valhala 10-08-2010 07:29 AM

Weirs The Beef

It is scheduled for Monday of Columbus Day Weekend. And for a good cause. Even with health insurance, the caust of chemo treatments and drugs is debilitating itself !
When you get "old", sometimes you mix up names, birthdays, dates etc. It's like when you have six kids and you are looking at the oldest kid, but calling him by name of the youngest kid. Or writing the year 2009 on your checks.

tommy mack 10-08-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

u know what day i meant........but as usual your petty and useless lives only allow u to pick up on small mistypes and your insecurity comes out in a dumb statement.......columbus day monday,,,,,,keep up the good work.....may the beef be with you

ishoot308 10-08-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommy mack (Post 141517)
u know what day i meant........but as usual your petty and useless lives only allow u to pick up on small mistypes and your insecurity comes out in a dumb statement.......columbus day monday,,,,,,keep up the good work.....may the beef be with you

WOW! For an area business owner you sure know how to alienate people and potential customers!...Not smart in this down economy...

Dan

Jmo77011 10-08-2010 11:23 AM

Generous!

Tommy, I just want you to know that I think it's a very kind thing that you are doing! We are going to try to make it over and check it out. Hopefully lots of other people will join us!

jkjoshuatree 10-08-2010 11:28 AM

Were You Born A Rude, Inconsiderate, Buffoon...

Quote:

...or is something you had to goto school for?

I can't believe you're a business owner and you talk to people like this. I can't believe you're a human being and you talk to anyone like this.

You're a sad, poor excuse for a man and you're pathetic in EVERY sense of the word.

Did you get that? Understand it? Or would you like me to come explain it to you in person?

Have a great day!

jkjoshuatree 10-08-2010 11:35 AM

Hmmm....

Quote:

This sounds a lot like the statement I made about you in a another thread TOMMY MACK. Something to do with YOU'RE insecurities about money and how you insult people by telling them to keep their "petty change".

So on top of everything else you are (or are NOT I should say-kind, tactful, polite, pleasant, intelligent, well-spoken) you are also UNORIGINAL.

You should be proud!!! Keep up the great work.

Shreddy 10-08-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

And your uneducated waste of space can't seem to take the criticism either huh? :laugh: Great sense of punctuation and grammar you have there :D Needless to say, I am very interested in trying out your sandwich as I come from North Shore and absolutely know good roast beef. If yours isn't perfect I might be inclined to write my first food review ;)

pondguy 10-08-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree (Post 141526)
...or is something you had to goto school for?

I can't believe you're a business owner and you talk to people like this. I can't believe you're a human being and you talk to anyone like this.

You're a sad, poor excuse for a man and you're pathetic in EVERY sense of the word.

Did you get that? Understand it? Or would you like me to come explain it to you in person?

Have a great day!

No beef for Josh:eek:

pondguy 10-08-2010 02:30 PM

128 posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddy (Post 141535)
And your uneducated waste of space can't seem to take the criticism either huh? :laugh: Great sense of punctuation and grammar you have there :D Needless to say, I am very interested in trying out your sandwich as I come from North Shore and absolutely know good roast beef. If yours isn't perfect I might be inclined to write my first food review ;)

128 posts and no food review yet?

Shreddy 10-08-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondguy (Post 141537)
128 posts and no food review yet?

Nah, I just like to get people riled up ;)

Winopt 10-08-2010 03:28 PM

See You Monday

This thread started May 24, 2010. We have our boat in Paugus Bay. Since the post started, we have stopped at Weir's on our way out for the day and got our delicious sandwiches for Weir's the Beef. We have enjoyed every bite! We are really lucky to have great places like this that make our precious time on the lake more enjoyable.

I'm sorry to see Weir's the Beef close for the winter, but I understand. I look forward to them re-opening next spring. The event on Monday is a generous seasonal farewell gesture by an owner who cares. In a world of so much negative, it is a pleasure to support the positive.

I'll see you Monday!

tommy mack 10-08-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondguy (Post 141536)
No beef for Josh:eek:

come on over woman...