Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Next Saturday Aug 24!! 2nd Annual Winter Harbor Live Music Festival Benefit Show!! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24887)

RodEx 08-15-2019 10:22 AM

Next Saturday Aug 24!! 2nd Annual Winter Harbor Live Music Festival Benefit Show!!

2nd Annual Winter Harbor Live Music Festival
to Benefit Lake Winnipesaukee Association and Loon Preservation Committee

Saturday August 24th 2pm to 10pm

Boaters welcome to come listen to great live music from the water (portside 1/2 mile from the end of harbor) & enjoy delicious food from The Chicken Bone

Featuring Performances by:

Mike O'Connell and the Backstabbers (2pm-5pm)
&
Rosemary's 9 Piece Baby Blues Band

*Subject to any and all State of New Hampshire Marine Patrol Regulations and Requirements

~NO VEHICLE ACCESS TO THE SITE~

Respectful monetary donations accepted to help the efforts of:

Lake Winnipesaukee Association ~ www.winnipesaukee.org
Loon Preservation Committee ~ www.loon.org

ApS 08-15-2019 03:35 PM

The End of Winter Harbor is Carry Beach...

I live there, and don't know where this is supposed to be.

Where this is located? :confused: Is it on the shore of Tuftonboro or Wolfeboro?

Will it be catered by the firm that can supply that delicious fried "Winter Harbor Rock Bass"? :liplick:

tis 08-15-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 317600)
I live there, and don't know where this is supposed to be.

Where this is located? :confused: Is it on the shore of Tuftonboro or Wolfeboro?

Will it be catered by the firm that can supply that delicious fried "Winter Harbor Rock Bass"? :liplick:

Winter Harbor Way, APS.

Outdoorsman 08-15-2019 05:32 PM

Sounds like "The Dive" all over again........

ApS 08-16-2019 06:40 AM

Thanks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 317602)
Winter Harbor Way, APS.

OK—then the event will occur near Flasher #15.

I looked up "Winter Harbor Way" anyway, and found the longest string of Winnipesaukee waterfront rental addresses I've ever seen. :eek:

nightrider 08-20-2019 08:14 PM

Winter Harbor August 24

No vehicle access yet food provided? How is this going to happen?

chasedawg 08-20-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightrider (Post 317940)
No vehicle access yet food provided? How is this going to happen?

This whole event is very confusing. I know it is Winter Harbor. Must be down by Carry Beach. Just maybe?

OK I'm not interested. Hope it goes well with promoters

tis 08-21-2019 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedawg (Post 317946)
This whole event is very confusing. I know it is Winter Harbor. Must be down by Carry Beach. Just maybe?

OK I'm not interested. Hope it goes well with promoters

It's further in almost across from the Libby, Chase.

Sue Doe-Nym 08-24-2019 07:43 PM

We went, and we could not find it.....all the way in, practically to the basin. We saw others who were looking for it. Nice boat ride, but we were disappointed, especially our 17 year old grandson. Does anyone know where, what, when? Was it cancelled?

chasedawg 08-24-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 318249)
We went, and we could not find it.....all the way in, practically to the basin. We saw others who were looking for it. Nice boat ride, but we were disappointed, especially our 17 year old grandson. Does anyone know where, what, when? Was it cancelled?

Same here could not find it. Why promote such a great event and then not disclose where it is going to be.

Top-Water 08-24-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 318249)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedawg (Post 318252)
Same here could not find it. Why promote such a great event and then not disclose where it is going to be.

I wish I posted yesterday,,,,,,,,,,this had scam / fake news / written all over it as soon as it was posted.

I'm not surprised this turned out to be nothing.

tis 08-25-2019 04:58 AM

I didn't go but I heard the music. Last year nobody could find it either. They really need to do a better job of telling people where it is. As I said in a previous post it is almost across from the Libby Museum. It's a brown cabin with a huge flag.

Bud63 08-25-2019 05:31 AM

We went and yes it was difficult to find until I re-read the post and found FL15. There weren't many boats there but the music was fabulous and we were invited to come ashore but graciously declined the dip in the water on a cool cloudy afternoon.

IslandRadio 08-25-2019 06:42 AM

Ah ! Thanks for the post. I wondered what the music was.

Could hear it over at Mirror Lake.

I wonder if the fireworks on Friday evening (a short, but good show) was part of the event, or something else...?

The show was quite visible looking down Mirror Lake towards the end nearest to Winnipesaukee.

tis 08-25-2019 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandRadio (Post 318263)
Ah ! Thanks for the post. I wondered what the music was.

Could hear it over at Mirror Lake.

I wonder if the fireworks on Friday evening (a short, but good show) was part of the event, or something else...?

The show was quite visible looking down Mirror Lake towards the end nearest to Winnipesaukee.

I think the fireworks were not related, Island.

jbolty 08-25-2019 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud63 (Post 318259)
We went and yes it was difficult to find until I re-read the post and found FL15. There weren't many boats there but the music was fabulous and we were invited to come ashore but graciously declined the dip in the water on a cool cloudy afternoon.

the reference to FL15 was not from the original poster, who just hit and ran