Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   some people think they own the lake !! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23552)

dva 07-11-2018 07:07 PM

some people think they own the lake !!

As I was returning from the Weirs last evening and going past Locks Island I slowed my boat to just above no wake speed even though it is not a no wake zone, a resident on the island was yelling at me to move away from the island. I always slow down going through this area even though it is not necessary but considerate. I was at least 300 ft off shore and under 10 mph. What do they expect a boater to do? Next time I will not slow down and I will not hear him yelling.

Hillcountry 07-11-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dva (Post 297657)
As I was returning from the Weirs last evening and going past Locks Island I slowed my boat to just above no wake speed even though it is not a no wake zone, a resident on the island was yelling at me to move away from the island. I always slow down going through this area even though it is not necessary but considerate. I was at least 300 ft off shore and under 10 mph. What do they expect a boater to do? Next time I will not slow down and I will not hear him yelling.

That’ll teach ‘em!
I know that passage between Locke’s and Pig and you are correct, it is not a NWZ.
You were well within your rights to be passing “his” island...maybe he was having a bad day...

Doobs41378 07-12-2018 09:42 AM

You heard him from 300 ft? I can’t hear things at 30 ft :)

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Dave R 07-12-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dva (Post 297657)

I think most people way over estimate how far 150 feet is. Especially Owen.

biggestblu 07-12-2018 01:06 PM

football field

Always used a football field to get a better prospective ... 50 yards for 150 feet ... if you can hit him with a football then he's too close ...

Doobs41378 07-12-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 297723)
I think most people way over estimate how far 150 feet is. Especially Owen.

Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Taz 07-12-2018 02:25 PM

Lockes

I never come off plane in that area unless there is another approaching boat too close. Screw him whoever he is, I'm not coming off plane if he yells at me.

MDoug 07-12-2018 03:20 PM

Wake Watchers

There's a lady on the point at Y Landing who's a match for any wake watchers. She yells at everybody entering the cove, arms flailing:eek:

ITD 07-13-2018 07:31 AM

A friendly wave and a shout back, "I'm great, thanks for asking" is all that is needed here.

Donzi Minx 07-13-2018 07:37 AM

some people think they own the lake

I do not use it often, but when I feel the Irish rising within me, and I need to keep eyes, and ears open, and mouth shut, the your #1 gesture provides miniscule satisfaction for me!