Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Portable Potty pumping (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24348)

jam1083 04-23-2019 07:29 PM

Portable Potty pumping

New boat owner. Bought a tri-toon wondering if I put a portable potty on it are there places that can pump out portable potties?

Dave R 04-23-2019 07:48 PM

Install one with a pump out and it will be very easy. Without the pump out option I think it will be tougher. Look for Thetford MSDs.

Meredith has two free DIY pumps.

If you want privacy on the MSD, a real poncho (not a Sears poncho) would be the minimum requirement.

TiltonBB 04-23-2019 08:22 PM

I had those on boats for years.

A lot of times with the two part portable potties the bottom tank has a handle and you can just take it out dump it into any toilet.

Just keep disposable rubber gloves on the boat.

dt5150 04-24-2019 08:06 AM

i have one on my boat and it never gets used. a 5 gallon bucket and a plastic bag is much easier to deal with.

fatlazyless 04-24-2019 10:45 AM

... a $17 luggable loo that works, more for less

Over in the camping section at Walmart, they have a $12 plastic toilet seat and lid that fits onto the top of a 5-gal plastic bucket. And, there's two different lids that snap on tightly to the same 5-gal bucket, so it can be sealed up and removed for dumping and cleaning into the toilet, back home. All three items run about $17.

Combine this with the Consolidated Communications wifi internet service, and you are good to go .... with no working water and no heat .... even in January .... when your ancient septic system has done froze up ... or something!

Guaranteed to increase your appreciation for indoor plumbing that works.

Biggd 04-24-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 310264)
Over in the camping section at Walmart, they have a $12 plastic toilet seat and lid that fits onto the top of a 5-gal plastic bucket. And, there's two different lids that snap on tightly to the same 5-gal bucket, so it can be sealed up and removed for dumping and cleaning into the toilet, back home. All three items run about $17.

Combine this with the Consolidated Communications wifi internet service, and you are good to go .... with no working water and no heat .... even in January .... when your ancient septic system has done froze up ... or something!

Guaranteed to increase your appreciation for indoor plumbing that works.

Just curious FLL, do you go to Walmart to take a dump so as not to put a strain on your septic system and reduce pump out costs?

fatlazyless 04-24-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 310271)
Just curious FLL, do you go to Walmart to take a dump so as not to put a strain on your septic system and reduce pump out costs?

True Walmart story; no, but last time I used that Plymouth Walmart rest room, there was absolutely no toilet paper, and some hyper guy in the next stall asking if I had any toilet paper ..... exit .... outta there, fast!

TheRoBoat 04-24-2019 12:09 PM

Made it through a summer on the island....

.....with these

https://tinyurl.com/y56w2yy2

salty dog 04-24-2019 02:52 PM

Good in a pinch

I use the "Luggable Loo" also. Even though you let people know to "go" before
you leave the dock, 3 or more hours out and with water to hydrate, it can sometimes be difficult to hold out that long. No privacy with our 21' bowrider either, so I got one of these privacy shelters that does the job just fine; also good for changing in or out of swim trunks or suit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MDV13YQ...E6XVO9W87&th=1

jam1083 09-04-2019 10:49 PM

Portable Potty

Thanks for your input. Have a privacy area on the pontoon. Used the potty a couple times. Kind of disgusting but necessary at times especially now that it’s getting colder. Next boat needs a head 😆.

Patofnaud 09-09-2019 10:02 AM

"Over in the camping section at Walmart, they have a $12 plastic toilet seat and lid that fits onto the top of a 5-gal plastic bucket. And, there's two different lids that snap on tightly to the same 5-gal bucket, so it can be sealed up and removed for dumping and cleaning into the toilet, back home. All three items run about $17."

Can't say I always agree with FLL, but this time, he is spot on. :)

5 gal bucket, lined with small kitchen trash liners x2, some kitty litter, and a snap-on toilet seat is MUCH nice than dealing with blue water, rubber gloves, flushing out, pumping out. And, it sits higher than one of the suitcase-style so you are not kissing your knees.. Keep a small plastic container of kitty litter nearby to cover. and to lay a base down It actually does not smell bad either.

Hillcountry 09-10-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patofnaud (Post 319277)
"Over in the camping section at Walmart, they have a $12 plastic toilet seat and lid that fits onto the top of a 5-gal plastic bucket. And, there's two different lids that snap on tightly to the same 5-gal bucket, so it can be sealed up and removed for dumping and cleaning into the toilet, back home. All three items run about $17."

Can't say I always agree with FLL, but this time, he is spot on. :)

5 gal bucket, lined with small kitchen trash liners x2, some kitty litter, and a snap-on toilet seat is MUCH nice than dealing with blue water, rubber gloves, flushing out, pumping out. And, it sits higher than one of the suitcase-style so you are not kissing your knees.. Keep a small plastic container of kitty litter nearby to cover. and to lay a base down It actually does not smell bad either.

Luggable loo here as well. Thanks for the kitty litter tip.
After a few “relief sessions” the bucket starts to be quite odorous!

ishoot308 09-10-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 319386)
Luggable loo here as well. Thanks for the kitty litter tip.
After a few “relief sessions” the bucket starts to be quite odorous!

Hill,

Try these they work great! I use them for ice fishing. Fits inside the “Luggable Loo” bucket perfectly!

https://smile.amazon.com/Reliance-Do...s%2C338&sr=8-1

Dan

SIKSUKR 09-11-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 319390)
Hill,

! I use them for ice fishing.
https://smile.amazon.com/Reliance-Do...s%2C338&sr=8-1

Dan

I couldn't resist. Do they catch a lot of fish?:laugh:

ishoot308 09-11-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 319442)
I couldn't resist. Do they catch a lot of fish?:laugh:

Now that's funny right there!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

In all seriousness, just brown trout...:eek::eek::eek:

Dan

Hillcountry 09-11-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 319447)
Now that's funny right there!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

In all seriousness, just brown trout...:eek::eek::eek:

Dan

LMAO! Just don’t release them Dan! :D

kauriel 09-14-2019 09:15 AM

We had pump out installed last year so we can get pumped out at gas dock. It was well worth the expense and the extra tip when we get gas!

Descant 09-15-2019 12:52 PM

No kitty litter

Whether Septic or sewer, that's not the place to be dumping kitty litter. Same with "flushable" wipes. Regardless of the label, they don't break down and cause significant additional treatment/expense at the wastewater treatment plant. They'll also clog up your home septic system.