Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   lost cat at Glendale docks (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24819)

steve-on-mark 08-05-2019 11:58 AM

lost cat at Glendale docks
 
to make a long story short... had to take pets off the island last night...boated to glendale...dog and cat safely in truck... dog steps on power window switch... cat escapes through open window. We followed her into the mobile home area behind the mailboxes, and had a couple of unsuccessful attempts at grabbing her ( I have the battle scars to prove it ) . She is a smallish tiger cat with a white face, so if anyone spots her please let me know. Thanks!

ishoot308 08-05-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 316745)
to make a long story short... had to take pets off the island last night...boated to glendale...dog and cat safely in truck... dog steps on power window switch... cat escapes through open window. We followed her into the mobile home area behind the mailboxes, and had a couple of unsuccessful attempts at grabbing her ( I have the battle scars to prove it ) . She is a smallish tiger cat with a white face, so if anyone spots her please let me know. Thanks!

Steve,

I would contact Clint and George (parking enforcement officers) and let them know.

I’ll keep my eye out as we are there twice daily.

Good luck!

Dan

codeman671 08-05-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 316745)
to make a long story short... had to take pets off the island last night...boated to glendale...dog and cat safely in truck... dog steps on power window switch... cat escapes through open window. We followed her into the mobile home area behind the mailboxes, and had a couple of unsuccessful attempts at grabbing her ( I have the battle scars to prove it ) . She is a smallish tiger cat with a white face, so if anyone spots her please let me know. Thanks!

Never a dull moment Steve....The cat is as crazy as you know who!

steve-on-mark 08-05-2019 02:05 PM

I couldn't even make this stuff up..my hands look like I put them through a meat grinder! I for one consider the whole situation an act of God answering my prayers of " thinning the herd", but K loves them, so that's why I posted. Between you and I, Charlotte the dog will get extra treats tonight. Oops...did I say that out loud??? [emoji6]
Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 316752)
Never a dull moment Steve....The cat is as crazy as you know who!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

WinnisquamZ 08-05-2019 03:45 PM

Hate cats!


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Glendale Girl 08-05-2019 04:00 PM

What is Kittys name. I will keep an eye out for kitty.

steve-on-mark 08-05-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glendale Girl (Post 316759)
What is Kittys name. I will keep an eye out for kitty.

her name is Mimzy... she is actually friendly and lovable, unless you try to grab her...then she becomes Wolverine! Thanks!

Descant 08-05-2019 05:15 PM

Bait?
 
Cats can be tough when they're in strange areas, even if there is a sighting. Would she go for bait, say lobster, in a havahart trap?

thinkxingu 08-05-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 316757)
Hate cats!


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

^ this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 08-05-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 316761)
Cats can be tough when they're in strange areas, even if there is a sighting. Would she go for bait, say lobster, in a havahart trap?

only if it's lobster bisque... nah, she eats regular cat food now due to the lack of rodents on Mark.

billy 08-05-2019 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Could this be her?Attachment 15171


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

billy 08-05-2019 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 15172


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 08-05-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy (Post 316765)
Could this be her?Attachment 15171


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

nope... she's got a little white face... thanks though!

billy 08-05-2019 06:49 PM

Ok we’ll keep an eye out


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Pineedles 08-05-2019 08:23 PM

Ya know it’s amazing that there is good chance minzy will be found. Down in CT, due to the coyotes there is zero minus 10 chance of any small pets being found. Another reason to live in NH.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Descant 08-05-2019 09:50 PM

Coyotes and Fisahers
 
We have both Coyotes and Fishers here, hence the reason for considering a havahart trap. It protects the occupant.
Mimzy might not "need" lobster on Mark Island, but you're not on Mark Island any more Toto. Get the lobster.

billy 08-07-2019 08:07 AM

Have any updates on Mimsy?
 
Hi Steve-
Have any updates on Mimsy?
you could file a missing cat report to NH Lost Pets
https://www.helpinglostpets.com

JEEPONLY 08-07-2019 12:46 PM

The picture posted by "billy" look exactly like my Sammy- He is definitely a shrimp cat. He knows that I dice it up for him, and he can hear the knife on the plate-comes running from any room in the house.

My two cats are house cats.

Hate to say it, but owls would be the predators I would worry about most if one of my cats got out- they've been inside so long, they walk away from the doors when they open. Still- have to warn any workers who have to be in the house.

Hillcountry 08-07-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 316941)
The picture posted by "billy" look exactly like my Sammy- He is definitely a shrimp cat. He knows that I dice it up for him, and he can hear the knife on the plate-comes running from any room in the house.

My two cats are house cats.

Hate to say it, but owls would be the predators I would worry about most if one of my cats got out- they've been inside so long, they walk away from the doors when they open. Still- have to warn any workers who have to be in the house.

There are a number of predators that will take a cat...I have seen a red fox traveling the roadside with one in its jaws...Gray foxes are a little small but coyotes and even stray dogs are prolific cat killers. Not to mention birds of prey (nocturnal)
Here kitty kitty kitty...

ishoot308 08-07-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 316965)
There are a number of predators that will take a cat...I have seen a red fox traveling the roadside with one in its jaws...Gray foxes are a little small but coyotes and even stray dogs are prolific cat killers. Not to mention birds of prey (nocturnal)
Here kitty kitty kitty...

Owls and Fishercats are devastating to house cats also...

steve-on-mark 08-07-2019 04:24 PM

Glad the wife doesn't read these...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 316965)
There are a number of predators that will take a cat...I have seen a red fox traveling the roadside with one in its jaws...Gray foxes are a little small but coyotes and even stray dogs are prolific cat killers. Not to mention birds of prey (nocturnal)
Here kitty kitty kitty...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hillcountry 08-07-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 316985)
Glad the wife doesn't read these...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hey! We’re pulling for ya buddy! :D

gillygirl 08-14-2019 06:54 PM

May have just seen Mimzy. Is she a darker tiger with a white tipped tail? I did not see her face, but my sister thinks it was white. She came out from under my neighbor's trailer, ran in front of mine, and in front of my other neighbors' trailer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

gillygirl 08-14-2019 06:59 PM

Definitely her. Are you leaving food out for her at the trailer with the boat at the end of the dirt road and Robert's Rd? She's hanging around?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

billy 08-15-2019 08:29 AM

Mimzy back home?
 
...Any updates

steve-on-mark 08-20-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy (Post 317572)
...Any updates

Will be there in the morning with a borrowed havahart trap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

LIforrelaxin 08-20-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 316755)
Between you and I, Charlotte the dog will get extra treats tonight. Oops...did I say that out loud??? [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

I read nothing, know nothing.... what a good dog!!!

steve-on-mark 08-21-2019 11:17 AM

The trap is set...be on the lookout!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 08-21-2019 11:32 AM

It's been 16 days?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 08-21-2019 12:24 PM

Yes...she's still being sighted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 08-21-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 317975)
Yes...she's still being sighted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Good to hear--Godspeed!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hillcountry 08-21-2019 02:11 PM

I’ll bet you catch a black and white striped “kitty” before you catch your own kitty! :D
Let us know what you catch!

Slickcraft 08-21-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 317986)
I’ll bet you catch a black and white striped “kitty” before you catch your own kitty! :D
Let us know what you catch!

Have an old blanket ready to toss over the trap if you do snag a striped kitty. Then approach from the non release end, reach around to open the release door and then make a fast exit. Have someone drive you there is a pick-up so, just in case, you can be transported in the back:D

steve-on-mark 08-21-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 317986)
I’ll bet you catch a black and white striped “kitty” before you catch your own kitty! :D
Let us know what you catch!

I was thinking the same thing![emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

gillygirl 08-21-2019 08:50 PM

Whereabouts is the trap? I live in the campground and can make rounds frequently.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 08-21-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 318012)
Whereabouts is the trap? I live in the campground and can make rounds frequently.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Under a white trailer with no skirting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

FlyingScot 08-21-2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 317993)
Have an old blanket ready to toss over the trap if you do snag a striped kitty. Then approach from the non release end, reach around to open the release door and then make a fast exit. Have someone drive you there is a pick-up so, just in case, you can be transported in the back:D

Think twice before you put a scared trapped cat in the back of a car. You may never the the smell out. Ask me how I know :eek:

gillygirl 08-22-2019 09:44 AM

Empty when I checked 20 minutes ago.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 08-22-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 318036)
Empty when I checked 20 minutes ago.


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Thank you...left extra food just in case...maybe I should also leave tomato juice in case that " black and white kitty" gets caught![emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

gillygirl 08-23-2019 07:47 AM

Empty this morning. We heard a cat crying down towards the Inn at Smith Cove late last night, but saw nothing when we searched.

I’ll put on my Kevlar suit if I see a striped kitty in there. [emoji854]


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 08-23-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 318139)
Empty this morning. We heard a cat crying down towards the Inn at Smith Cove late last night, but saw nothing when we searched.

I’ll put on my Kevlar suit if I see a striped kitty in there. [emoji854]


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Thank you so much for all your help...I'm back up tomorrow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

gillygirl 08-25-2019 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think you've caught her.Attachment 15241

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 08-25-2019 11:47 AM

It's her!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 318275)
I think you've caught her.Attachment 15241

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hillcountry 08-25-2019 11:51 AM

Good deal! And no black and white striped kitties either! Wifey will be happy!

steve-on-mark 08-25-2019 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The elusive feline was no match for the Master Cat Trapper! Thanks GG...I owe you one!!Attachment 15242

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

gillygirl 08-25-2019 03:23 PM

You're welcome. She's a cutie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 08-25-2019 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 318287)
You're welcome. She's a cutie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Reunited, and it feels so good![emoji6]Attachment 15243

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

DesertDweller 08-29-2019 09:35 PM

This is a very cool story and glad she made it back home.

Props to gillygirl for the assist......

steve-on-mark 08-29-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDweller (Post 318623)
This is a very cool story and glad she made it back home.

Props to gillygirl for the assist......

Absolutely...tried to thank her with a bottle of wine...she declined...fellow cat owner helping another she said!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

gillygirl 08-30-2019 08:07 AM

It was truly my pleasure. I was so excited when I saw her little face looking back at me. I’m just sorry I wasn’t around when you picked her up!


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 08-30-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 318637)
It was truly my pleasure. I was so excited when I saw her little face looking back at me. I’m just sorry I wasn’t around when you picked her up!


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

And I'm happy it wasn't the face of Pepe Le Pew![emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 09-04-2019 08:40 AM

Renting the house again this week...decided to leave the cats right there! The renters were more than happy to feed them, and the cats have no interest in swimming to Glendale![emoji81]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 10-15-2019 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2 months later and still in captivity...lounging with her brother!Attachment 15378

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.