Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bakeries (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19054)

NHKathy 04-23-2015 09:59 PM

Bakeries

Hi all,
Looking for a bakery in the area that makes good cakes.
Preferably Moultonborough, Center Harbor...
Thanks!! :liplick:

wifi 04-24-2015 05:19 AM

There was a lot of noise last year of one opening up where the old winni baygulls was, but it still has a for lease sign :rolleye1:

TiltonBB 04-24-2015 05:40 AM

Shaws

I'm not sure what the occasion is or what type of cake you are looking for.

I have had great luck at Shaws bakery. They will reproduce a picture on the cake that is very accurate. For example, at a birthday or anniversary event you could personalize the cake with a picture of the guests of honor. The cakes I have purchased there have been good.

georgeisallheart 04-24-2015 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHKathy (Post 243761)
Hi all,
Looking for a bakery in the area that makes good cakes.
Preferably Moultonborough, Center Harbor...
Thanks!! :liplick:

Hi Kathy,

You could try Wicked Good Bakery in Plymouth. Here is a link to their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/WickedGoodBakery

George

wadden 04-24-2015 07:26 AM

Go see Tricia at Moulton Farm. Her cakes are awesome!

Den65 04-24-2015 09:17 AM

Moulton Farms

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadden (Post 243776)
Go see Tricia at Moulton Farm. Her cakes are awesome!

I second that Tricia makes some GREAT stuff, had a raspberry turnover hot out of the oven yesterday with my coffee :liplick::liplick::liplick: GO SEE HER

Janet 04-24-2015 11:14 AM

and the Country Apple pie with the maple flavored crust at Moulton Farm is just the best!!!!!

Barbara 04-24-2015 01:11 PM

Anyone looking for a great bakery with beautiful and delicious cakes in Wolfeboro, it's LaBoca. Plus they are wonderful people. Great breads and pastries too!

NHKathy 04-25-2015 07:49 AM

Thanks!

Thanks for the responses :)
...never thought of Moulton Farm - thanks!!

barefootbay 04-25-2015 07:09 PM

Yum Yum shop in Wolfeboro will be open soon. Great cakes !

Miss Theresa 05-04-2015 08:26 AM

Only one option for cakes, pies, cookies, sweets etc

As far as the Lakes Region and surrounding area is concerned, there is only one option, Jen Clifford from For Goodness Cakes. She was the pastry chef for Scott Ouellette and provided the desserts for all five of his restaurants. Before that she was with Donna Love. You can find her down the road at the new "Cup and Crumb."

Donzi Minx 05-05-2015 01:24 PM

Bakeries

Not big into deserts / cookies now as I would look like John Candy, and eventually end up where he is now based on my mentality of more is better.
What ever happened to LaFlemes Bakery in downtown Laconia? I seem to recall a molasses cookie that they made that was outstanding.

WakeboardMom 05-05-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Theresa (Post 244267)
This post is my humble opinion, so please do not come back with any trash talk. As far as the Lakes Region and surrounding area is concerned, there is only one option, Jen Clifford from For Goodness Cakes. She was the pastry chef for Scott Ouellette and provided the desserts for all five of his restaurants. Before that she was with Donna Love. You can find her down the road at the new "Cup and Crumb."

"Down the Road?" Please clarify. Thank you.

Miss Theresa 05-17-2015 01:11 AM

Location for the new Cup and Crumb in Moultonboro, NH

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakeboardMom (Post 244330)
"Down the Road?" Please clarify. Thank you.

It will be at the corner of Rte. 109 and Old Rte. 109. You will find some old favorites available for purchase because the Pastry Chef at the Cup and Crumb started as an apprentice for Donna Love at the age of 15, when Mike and Donna owned Love's Quay in Wolfeboro. When the Love's sold Love's Quay, Jen Clifford stayed with Donna at Donna's home based business, "Love Bite's." From Love Bites, Ms. Clifford became Scott Ouellette's Pastry Chef, providing the deserts for all five of his restaurants. The Key Lime Pie, Chocolate Suicide Cake, and Carrot Cake are a few examples of what you will be able to enjoy once again.:)