Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   '21 Looking-Forward-To Thread (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26803)

thinkxingu 03-06-2021 04:01 PM

'21 Looking-Forward-To Thread

A former student-come-friend just posted photos of the inside of their 44' Sea Ray they used to keep in Chelsea and are selling. Having bought a place in SD Shores, they're now downsizing to a 'toon.

Seeing the pics and talking about how we don't often get to the south on Boatie Two but how I'm often there on Jettie One to meet at a friend's Liliuokalani rental lift got me really jazzed and thinking about the upcoming season.

I'm looking forward to exploring more of the Wolfeboro side that I've never been—Varney and Barndoor, Roberts Cove, etc.—and whole days with my jetski gang. Days at the sandbar floating with my family and wrestling my son off the lily pad. Sunset swims and campfires...

What're y'all most looking forward to? What's on your '21 Winni bucket list?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Winilyme 03-06-2021 04:31 PM

Just two months to go

(1) I also am looking forward to exploring more of the lake on my jet ski. Haven't yet been to Greene's Basin and I haven't seen much of the east side of the lake save for Moultonborough Bay down to Nineteen Mile. Wolfeboro and Alton also beckon and the south shore in between. I'll wave when I see you at Barndoor.

(2) Restaurants. Out of a wealth of concern, we only ate out once from May to October during 2020. Takeout just isn't the same.

(3) Fireworks. Really missed them.

(4) Getting some work done around the cottage. I say that every year and not much happens :-)

More than anything, I'm looking forward to warm weather and sitting on the dock with a cold one watching what everyone else is doing.

fatlazyless 03-07-2021 12:05 AM

............ pickleball!

March 13, 2020; last time I play pickleball in the Meredith Community Center gym.

As greatest player in world history of pickleball, since pickleball was first invented, I am totally looking forward to getting back to pickleball.

I am like so totally good at pickleball, that it is so totally disgusting! ..... :emb:

8gv 03-07-2021 08:40 AM

I shall go fishing every day the weather allows.

MAXUM 03-07-2021 09:05 AM

For some of us - '21 has already started. 5 weekends in so far, granted it's winter but a great time of the year to be out here on island time.

Got down to 12 last night, never got above freezing yesterday, last week's expected warmup never really happened so got the joy of feeling safe coming out again for another weekend.

Ice is pretty thick out there close to 20 inches now. Hate to say it but I'm thinking an average ice out in the latter weeks of April at this point. However there are signs that things are changing albeit slow. Much of the snow on the ice is gone, what is there is thin and spotty.

Was fun to watch some folks out yesterday wind surfing on the ice and with the wind where moving right along. Still lots of ice fisherman out - and yeah a few trucks out driving around on the ice - still can't imagine doing that myself. All in all a great winter day here. Sunrise this morning was spectacular!

Warm weather is coming, but not here just yet.

upthesaukee 03-07-2021 09:05 AM

Hmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 351785)
March 13, 2020; last time I play pickleball in the Meredith Community Center gym.

As greatest player in world history of pickleball, since pickleball was first invented, I am totally looking forward to getting back to pickleball.

I am like so totally good at pickleball, that it is so totally disgusting! ..... :emb:

Can everyone check their local Lost and Found bins. Seems like FLL has lost his humility someplace. :D:D:D

Dave

steve-on-mark 03-07-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 351794)
Can everyone check their local Lost and Found bins. Seems like FLL has lost his humility someplace. :D:D:D

Dave

Walter Jong-un?[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Biggd 03-07-2021 10:57 AM

You have to have it before you lose it.

8gv 03-07-2021 11:54 AM

Not a lack of humility...

Self effacing humor via outlandish boasting.

I have enjoyed that style of jest ever since I pushed my car up the Mt Washington Auto Road with my date Halle Berry doing the steering.

;)

FlyingScot 03-07-2021 01:33 PM

Boating? Swimming? Fun in the sun? That's so 2020.

I'm looking for something unusual--Garwoods! Buckeys! The VK! Getting jabbed and then making up for lost time :)

Descant 03-07-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 351810)
You have to have it before you lose it.

Well said. FLL's statement was right just wrong context: "Totally disgusting"

marinewife 03-07-2021 03:10 PM

We got our vaccines today at the Speedway, and it was one of the most efficient things I've ever seen- hundreds of people waiting in lanes for cars to pull up, well manned everywhere, it took us a total of 5 minutes to get behind 3 other cars, get greeted, and get the shots.

Everyone there is smiling and waving, and I am relieved that, hopefully, I can look forward to hosting my gang of friends over for weekly dinners, cards, campfires and drinks very soon. We never stopped eating out, but really miss socializing with more than a few people at a time.

Jdarby 03-07-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winilyme (Post 351775)
(2) Restaurants. Out of a wealth of concern, we only ate out once from May to October during 2020. Takeout just isn't the same.

BINGO!!! Can’t wait to enjoy the great dining options around the lake!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

dippasan 03-15-2021 12:01 PM

Can't wait for all this.........

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0RwubJIIa0Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwubJIIa0Q

Tomregal 03-15-2021 01:05 PM

I'm looking forward to getting back on the lake in my 2021 Regal LS6 after years away!!! :)

thinkxingu 03-15-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomregal (Post 352165)
I'm looking forward to getting back on the lake in my 2021 Regal LS6 after years away!!! :)

The lake's full—stay away.

Seriously, though: congrats! Any pics?

Geneva Point 03-15-2021 03:39 PM

Dippasan, I love that video. I have it bookmarked for days like today. Helps me anticipate the upcoming summer season. Can't wait!

thinkxingu 03-15-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dippasan (Post 352164)

The drone footage makes that video. I make a summer one for my family every year—seven so far—but I've not been...adventurous...enough to go much beyond GoPro footage!

dippasan 03-15-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geneva Point (Post 352171)
Dippasan, I love that video. I have it bookmarked for days like today. Helps me anticipate the upcoming summer season. Can't wait!

I'm glad you like it. I love it too. My son shot the footage over the course of a whole season from just after ice out right through the summer and then he spliced and edited it with music.

I'm pressuring him to do another video now that he has a 2 year old daughter of his own and because of the struggles the world has gone through in the last year. It's time!

Dad207 03-15-2021 07:55 PM

21 Looking Forward

After years of renting, finally bought a boat. As I now know, very fortunate to have a slip as they seem to be in very short supply. Eager to boat when I wish to and not because I must to get my money's worth.

Sue Doe-Nym 03-15-2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

The video is just plain terrific! Thank you so much for giving us a preview of this summer’s fun. We have been cooped up for so long that it was even a treat to be outside last week, trying to break up the ice in the driveway. I will never again take for granted the wonders of being outdoors enjoying the lake and everything else....and being with friends and family!

Tomregal 03-16-2021 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 352166)
The lake's full—stay away.

Seriously, though: congrats! Any pics?

No actual pictures yet, I don't take delivery until the end of May.

It's April 29, 2021 and my boat will be delivered soon, so I thought I'd share a picture of her.

sum-r breeze 03-16-2021 12:08 PM

Makes me smile EVERY time

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0RwubJIIa0Q" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwubJIIa0Q

I can't stop watching this video. It's a couple of years old but still so relevant. The absolute joy in the faces of the people who appear in it is so genuine. I tell my non lake friends all the time, you either get it or you don't. I hear them ask " What do you do on the lake all day?' Take a look at this video and it explains it all! Bring on Spring!!

The Breeze:D

thinkxingu 03-16-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomregal (Post 352217)
No actual pictures yet, I don't take delivery until the end of May. However, it will look like this more or less.

Awesome—congrats, and best of luck with the delivery and summer!

lakeadoodle 03-16-2021 05:15 PM

Where else to play?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 351785)

And this is why I've posted and asked for a recommendation on other programs and locations for pickleball. Seems others don't like your constant boasting or conduct on the court.

Geneva Point 03-17-2021 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dippasan (Post 352184)
I'm glad you like it. I love it too. My son shot the footage over the course of a whole season from just after ice out right through the summer and then he spliced and edited it with music.

I'm pressuring him to do another video now that he has a 2 year old daughter of his own and because of the struggles the world has gone through in the last year. It's time!

My many thanks to him for doing that video. I really hope he does another one and please let us know when it's uploaded to youtube.

SAB1 03-19-2021 05:25 PM

What're y'all most looking forward to?

Winter ‘21 -‘22 Lol.

Juiced06GTO 03-20-2021 07:26 AM

Looking forward to getting back out to the lake with the kids! The new ramp being opened in Alton will make things nice as it is only 15 mins from our cottage on Suncook and we have an easy spot to leave the trailer there or at my wife's uncles house right around the corner. Also looking forward to our week up in Glidden cove in August with friends, we've normally rented up in Moultonboro so will be nice to try out a different part of the lake this year! Can't wait to see you guys out on the water!

thinkxingu 03-20-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO (Post 352445)
Looking forward to getting back out to the lake with the kids! The new ramp being opened in Alton will make things nice as it is only 15 mins from our cottage on Suncook and we have an easy spot to leave the trailer there or at my wife's uncles house right around the corner. Also looking forward to our week up in Glidden cove in August with friends, we've normally rented up in Moultonboro so will be nice to try out a different part of the lake this year! Can't wait to see you guys out on the water!

How many forum members' boats do you know/would you recognize?

I'd like to know more about those members who are MB or north to wave to. I floated by Cal Coon on the 4th last year on my ski but saw the name on the transom too late.

mswlogo 03-20-2021 07:30 PM

Was up there last night. Going back tomorrow night.

My yard is almost void of snow. Few patches of ice/snow in shady areas.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...5ae677_h_d.jpg

mswlogo 03-20-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sum-r breeze (Post 352223)
I can't stop watching this video. It's a couple of years old but still so relevant. The absolute joy in the faces of the people who appear in it is so genuine. I tell my non lake friends all the time, you either get it or you don't. I hear them ask " What do you do on the lake all day?' Take a look at this video and it explains it all! Bring on Spring!!

The Breeze:D

Wow, you ain't kidding. Amazing Video.

I hope nobody makes one like that for NewFound lake !!

I've never seen anything capture NH lake life so well.

Descant 03-20-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswlogo (Post 352472)
Wow, you ain't kidding. Amazing Video.
...I've never seen anything capture NH lake life so well.

Great video, but all daytime. Growing up on Winnipesaukee, there was a lot going on after dark too. Group cruises and Sunday night fireworks at the Weirs top the list.

thinkxingu 03-21-2021 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 352484)
Great video, but all daytime. Growing up on Winnipesaukee, there was a lot going on after dark too. Group cruises and Sunday night fireworks at the Weirs top the list.

Good point, though it's hard to get good nighttime footage and have it be bright enough to see without a dark room. We've got fireworks and campfires and live music with light shows in ours, but fireflies, shooting stars, and boating clips haven't worked out.

jst_4_kiks 03-21-2021 07:48 AM

To continue to be busy with all the boat repairs I can do for people so they can enjoy the water with friends and family. The season is only so long & broken boats are no fun.

Descant 03-21-2021 10:00 AM

Big bowl

Facing the Broads, we are sitting in the middle of a huge bowl. The surrounding mountains somewhat contain weather systems and we can see storms moving around the lake although no rain at our place. There are some fantastic lightning shows that will show up well on anybody's camera. Scheduling is difficult.

thinkxingu 03-21-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 352507)
Facing the Broads, we are sitting in the middle of a huge bowl. The surrounding mountains somewhat contain weather systems and we can see storms moving around the lake although no rain at our place. There are some fantastic lightning shows that will show up well on anybody's camera. Scheduling is difficult.

That's pretty awesome—would be cool if you could set up a camera to get a time-lapse of a storm sometime!

hd333 03-22-2021 10:29 AM

I’m looking toward to putting MY first boat in the water. We have always had a boat/ jet ski at the house but they were never MINE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Descant 03-22-2021 11:09 AM

What is it?

What kind of boat? Picture? This will be a big day for you.

hd333 03-22-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 352548)
What kind of boat? Picture? This will be a big day for you.

Nothing grand like some boats I see on here.

A new to us Chaparral 180 ssi.

We are more of the sit on the beach type but wanted to have our own boat to explore a little bit and to pull the kids behind.

Once we explore a bit I’m sure we will determine “we’re going to need a bigger boat” to fully enjoy the whole lake.

dippasan 03-23-2021 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hd333 (Post 352555)
Nothing grand like some boats I see on here.

A new to us Chaparral 180 ssi.

We are more of the sit on the beach type but wanted to have our own boat to explore a little bit and to pull the kids behind.

Once we explore a bit I’m sure we will determine “we’re going to need a bigger boat” to fully enjoy the whole lake.

Be careful....I might predict now that you have a boat, that you'll trade some of that beach time, for time spent anchored in a quiet cove swimming off your boat with the music playing and a cooler on board with favorite beverage and food. Nothing like it.

You'll have to "pour" the kids into bed after a day like that.

hd333 03-23-2021 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dippasan (Post 352586)
Be careful....I might predict now that you have a boat, that you'll trade some of that beach time, for time spent anchored in a quiet cove swimming off your boat with the music playing and a cooler on board with favorite beverage and food. Nothing like it.

You'll have to "pour" the kids into bed after a day like that.

Yeah, we do enjoy anchoring and having lunch/snacks while people watching.
In the past we have stayed close to home base, I see us venturing out a little more now.

thinkxingu 03-23-2021 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hd333 (Post 352543)
I’m looking toward to putting MY first boat in the water. We have always had a boat/ jet ski at the house but they were never MINE.

Congrats on the new boat! It looks like an excellent lake vessel—my wife and I are always weirded out by some of the giant cruisers because they seem so...disconnected...from the water.

JEEPONLY 03-23-2021 04:51 PM

hd333

NOTHING tops a carefree day on the lake!
Enjoy anchoring out, reading, snacking- or whatever!
The best days of anyone's life- you're in control!

Juiced06GTO 03-25-2021 09:13 PM

I don't know that I have actually met anyone from the forum yet. I have seen a few boats of members on the lake that I have recognized by their boat names, but never had a chance to say hi. I think you and I were even next to each other at the center harbor docks at one point over the summer though I am only guessing. It was a pair of jet skis, dads and kids, and seemed to fit the stories you tell of cruising the lake with the kiddos. Would be cool if we had a thread with boat names linked to forum member names so we could say hi out on the water!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 352452)
How many forum members' boats do you know/would you recognize?

I'd like to know more about those members who are MB or north to wave to. I floated by Cal Coon on the 4th last year on my ski but saw the name on the transom too late.

steve-on-mark 03-25-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO (Post 352737)
I don't know that I have actually met anyone from the forum yet. I have seen a few boats of members on the lake that I have recognized by their boat names, but never had a chance to say hi. I think you and I were even next to each other at the center harbor docks at one point over the summer though I am only guessing. It was a pair of jet skis, dads and kids, and seemed to fit the stories you tell of cruising the lake with the kiddos. Would be cool if we had a thread with boat names linked to forum member names so we could say hi out on the water!

Pretty easy to recognize the C-Nile tied up to the dock on Mark...company is always welcome...gives me a break from projects![emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app