Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   No Lights on Governers Island Bridge (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8303)

Jersey Joe 08-11-2009 08:54 AM

No Lights on Governers Island Bridge

Came through there last night, all of the lights on the bridge were out !

It was very hard to see it, and since there were a few boats coming the other way, I did not want to use my spotlight and mess up their vision.

This is very unsafe, I hope they know about this and fix it quickly

hazelnut 08-11-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Joe (Post 102696)
Came through there last night, all of the lights on the bridge were out !

It was very hard to see it, and since there were a few boats coming the other way, I did not want to use my spotlight and mess up their vision.

This is very unsafe, I hope they know about this and fix it quickly

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the heads up! And don't hope, call the MP and report it. They welcome information like this in order to prevent an accident.

Jersey Joe 08-11-2009 10:00 AM

Just Called them to let them know :)

chmeeee 08-11-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazelnut (Post 102703)
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the heads up! And don't hope, call the MP and report it. They welcome information like this in order to prevent an accident.

We noted this over a month ago and called. They said they were aware, so either they really don't care or they fixed them and they've broken again. I hope its not the former, because I would consider that a fairly important nighttime safety issue.

KTO 08-11-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chmeeee (Post 102761)
We noted this over a month ago and called. They said they were aware, so either they really don't care or they fixed them and they've broken again. I hope its not the former, because I would consider that a fairly important nighttime safety issue.

I'd be surprised if they didn't care. I've called on two separate occasions this year to report multiple missing markers, and each time they were replaced within 24 hours.

rick35 08-11-2009 07:00 PM

We went under the bridge last night and thought it was odd that the lights were out. Unfortunately the guy coming through from the other side had his spotlight on making it hard to navigate through the markers on the Weirs side after losing my night vision. He did apologize on the way by.

NHskier 08-11-2009 08:08 PM

I seem to recall a thread from a couple years ago about the lights being out. Does anyone recall seeing them on in the recent past?

TiltonBB 08-11-2009 08:30 PM

The lights were out most of last season too. After it was reported several times they eventually fixed them.

This year they have been out for a while. It is surprising that they don't fix them within 48 hours of the first notification. The lights do make it much easier to go undre the bridge and the reflection from the lights helps to illuminate the channel markers too.