Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pictures (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17179)

dpg 02-26-2014 12:58 PM

Pictures

I totally don't get how to attach a pic from my desktop? When it says attach from a URL what do I use? No - I'm not a techy I'm a computer dummy.

mcdude 02-26-2014 01:23 PM

here's how I do it.....

right click on the picture you'd like to upload

highlight, copy (control + c) the url

then in the post that you'd like to include the pic in......click on the little square yellow icon that looks like it has a mountain and a postage stamp on it (above)

and...enter the url of the pic that you just copied...paste it into the dialogue box (be sure to remove the "http:" that is already in the box....and....

Voila!

Merrymeeting 02-26-2014 02:51 PM

The url approach only works if the picture is already posted on another website.

DPG, I assume you want to include pictures you have taken or have on your system. If this is the case, you first need to upload them to a website that allows you to post pictures. If they are lake related, you can use the Photopost/Gallery on this website. Or you can upload them to one of the many free photo posting sites (Snapfish, Photobucket, Flickr, etc).

Once the photos are hosted on a website, you follow McDude's steps to include them in a post on the forum.

jeffk 02-26-2014 04:23 PM

Attach a picture file

1 Attachment(s)
Also, if the picture file is on your computer, which I assume it is because you say it is on your desktop, you can select the Attachment paperclip. It opens a dialog box. The top choice is to "Upload a File From Your Computer". Click the Browse button and that opens a file search dialog. Locate the picture file on your computer and click Open. That closes the file search box and places the path of the file in the attachment dialog. Then click Upload and wait for the upload process to complete. It will then list the attached image file. Then click Close this Window to the upper right on the attachment dialog to return to the message window. If you scroll down you will see the list of now attached files. Finish any text and hit the Preview Post button. The message should include the attached image. Click Submit Reply to actually send the message.

I attached a picture of Valentine mice to this message using this method.

upthesaukee 02-26-2014 04:46 PM

If it is on your computer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg (Post 220032)
I totally don't get how to attach a pic from my desktop? When it says attach from a URL what do I use? No - I'm not a techy I'm a computer dummy.

Actually really easy. If you are posting the photo into a new thread, or existing one, just open up the reply to thread box.

Put in your title, then type in the info you want in the box with all the smilies to the right side. When you get ready to post the picture, just scroll down to manage attachments. Click on that "button" and another window will open up. Select browse and then locate the picture on your computer (such as My Documents> Pictures> then find the picture. Click on it, and then click "upload".

When you are done, you can look at the Preview Post to see how it looks, or you can just hit Submit Reply.

If you are uploading pictures to the "gallery", Go to Gallery and click on upload pictures. Then do the browse thing and up load. It will appear in gallery.

Hope this helps.

minni on winni 02-26-2014 07:01 PM

I went through the process this am when I attached the pic of the moose. I have to say it was a little nerve wracking the first time doing it but once it was done it seemed almost easy:D

mcdude 02-27-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpg (Post 220032)

dpg: I do apologize. You asked how to attach a photo but I explained how to embed a photo. Sorry for any confusion!

dpg 02-28-2014 06:46 AM

Thanks everyone I'll try to post a picture one of these days. No worries Mcdude I was confused because I was putting pics on my desktop and when it was asking for a URL I didn't know what it was. I believe I need to follow JeffK's instructions. I'm used to doing it at work from notes now THAT's easy. :D